Couple sue for broken fish tank

roidan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

The tank qianhu supplied is most probably not suitable for marine use. If qianhu argue that the tanks they supply are for freshwater use only.... they may just get off the hook. In my opinion, I think the couple is a bit too much. $100,000 for a fish tank.... emotional trauma = $20,000... hahha

• SRC Member

Consider the price of the tank 600+ ---and the picture - it looks like 8 mm glass to me ... ;)

I think at the end Qian Hu will just replace whatever stuff that is damage.

Emotional trauma ..... for 20K .. I dont mind buying a tank from them , break the glass and get 20 k ..

I think it is an expensive lesson learned ... about marine aquarium.

Like some bros here said, the tank is only for freshwater like arowana and can't take the weight of the rock and saltwater. Spending that much a month to replace dead fishes and coral ha ha....... I wonder what equipments he had for $15,000

• SRC Member

Inspiring story... wonder a certain captain will frown at it? :ph34r:

Dun think they can get away with the money they wanted... that will have to largely depend on the arguement from Yap's lawyers whether the company is in the know of the owner's intention to keep marine tank. Bear in mind that singapore is not using a public jury system whereby half-asleep juries always think that companies and corporations are at fault.... just ask Uncle Ronald... lol

Wah imagine the couple lose the case and have to bear all charges of all parties (including court charges).... now that is trumatic! lol

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

I can't figure out how can food, salts add up to $800 a month. Unless he was buying yellowhead jawfishes, flame angels, chevron tangs or maybe peacock mantises (Maybe that was how the glass cracked? :lol: ) to feed his frogfishes.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

End of day...I think the court will get QH to pay $627.50 and not a cent more. How would QH know if anybody will put a fishtank in the same room as a $50,000 designer chair? Are they liable for all these furniture that they are not told when selling the tank? If so, no one would want to sell tanks!

Looking at the tank, we probably know that this couple didn't know the correct thickness for marine. Spending $800 on maintanence is ridiculous, and I don't think anybody has been awarded compensation for emotional trauma here.

As for $15,000 equipment, either he runs a Bubble King or he 'kena con' by LFS big time.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
one of my anthias is starting to show signs of disease and might die soon.... think i better consult a psychiatrist before it blows up my mind else i might end up jumping out of my window.... ;););)

haha.. thats a good one, before you consult your psychiatrist or jump, maybe you should consider talking to CASE who knows you might be compensated...too !

600 for tank and 15K for equipement is too much....

• SRC Member
What my colleague says is very true...

How is it possible that you spend $15000 on equipment and $5000 on life stock and only spend $600 on the fish tank?

How to buy 15k on equipment? Even though you can buy high end skimmer, chiller, pump, lights.... i still cant do the maths...... <_<

• SRC Member

when i look at this news, i was laughing all the way....claiming so much $$$ from QH? And of coz, thru looking his tank and stocks, it doesnt come up to these much $$ and somemore wants to claim what "emotional setback"......what kind of claim is that??? Really going overboard..

And i think QH never guarantee anything on the tank...who is so stupid to tell customers" if your tank crack, please come and look for me. I will give u a new one"...

:lol: