Help!!! Tank has been invaded

eddtsk

Hi, some time ago I saw some blue eggs in my tank that I think came out from my Turbo snail, but now I got hundreds os unknown slugs dirturbing my button coral. They are the extra protrusions from the closed buttons.

The button coral use to open fully but now it won't. There are even reddish substance covering the coral.

What are these slugs? Are they really the decendents from my Turbo snail??? Are they harmful??? Is my corals in trouble???? What can I do??? I really got no idea now... : (

post-7-1110876078.jpg

• SRC Member

bro...think ur pic too big.... maybe any mods can help.. if i dint see wrongy.. i saw nudi on ur colony.. u may ned take out and do a freshwater dip(not more than 5mins)..

Good luck..

• SRC Member

First of all, you picture needs to be re-sized.

As for your question. If the slugs are attacking your buttons, they should be Nudibranchs. Do a 5mins Fresh water dip of the buttons and follow by either shaking the whole rock of buttons or use a spray to spray off the Nudibranchs.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

see the one in red circle, those are nudi.. and circle in green are the eggs.. remove them in no time.. juz take them out asap for cleanup..

post-7-1110877180.jpg

Hi guys, guess what. While I am flushing the coral stone. I some worms drop out of it. Even better, a crab!!!! I never know I got those in my tank!!!! I put all back into the tank after flushing. Have to wait for the result tmw!!! All the best to the corals!!! Heartache if throw them away....

I monitored the button today, opens little. maybe from the shock of FW. But think its surviving. Hope for the best.

As for the cyano, I brush some off with my finger while washing. So most of them gone liao. All these happens quite fast, in matter of days.

Mine is only a 2 feet tank, before I put the buttons in, my tank was full of cyano, but finally remove them by changing filter to cannister with bio agents. Not much corals left liao, so worth a risk to salvage whatever in there.