6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AT love seaweed, they are hard to feed on pellets, u must pump it.

very very nice tank, think i can give up my hobby liao....

u must have spend a bomb liao :P

bro, dun say that. i always look up to you, especially since you manage to keep some of the more difficult and exotic tangs. :)

I spend quite a substantial amount on equipments but this is for long term basis, since they don't break down ( i.e. beckett, calcium reactor etc). Corals tank require a lot more effort than just a fowlr tank, and twice as much if you have both fowlr and coral tank. :cry2:

Last month electricity bill shoot up to $460, so i dun dare add any more equipments.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

bro, dun say that. i always look up to you, especially since you manage to keep some of the more difficult and exotic tangs. :)

I spend quite a substantial amount on equipments but this is for long term basis, since they don't break down ( i.e. beckett, calcium reactor etc). Corals tank require a lot more effort than just a fowlr tank, and twice as much if you have both fowlr and coral tank. :cry2:

Last month electricity bill shoot up to $460, so i dun dare add any more equipments.

no lah, i try to reduce the number liao, but u got so many yellow tang why dun just keep one, and buy 1 black tnag to company it??

think i need ur fav as i looking for flame ange, if can pair. Sorry to trouble u as u live the nearest to the source

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

no lah, i try to reduce the number liao, but u got so many yellow tang why dun just keep one, and buy 1 black tnag to company it??

think i need ur fav as i looking for flame ange, if can pair. Sorry to trouble u as u live the nearest to the source

i am definately removing the two purple tangs, anyone interested? Feeds on everything.

Anyway i manage to find a source for gem tang, would u be interested? :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Since u starting out on coral tank, means need to buy more equipments already.

Don't worry bro, i can check out the flame angel for you any time.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

i am definately removing the two purple tangs, anyone interested? Feeds on everything.

Anyway i manage to find a source for gem tang, would u be interested? :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Since u starting out on coral tank, means need to buy more equipments already.

Don't worry bro, i can check out the flame angel for you any time.

GEM?? woh, i dun think i can afford even their tail, if can pm me where and wat price..

how much u looking for the purple tang> got cheap sell off price so tat i can visit ur tank and also look at all ur female friends...

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

bro, i need to get back my fish trap from my reefing buddy b4 i can catch out the two purple tangs and maybe one yellow tang.

Don't worry, the gem tang is only 3 digits. But i think need special order, and got minimum quota to meet b4 the lfs will bring in for me.

maybe this weekend can go chiong pasir ris side lfs. Btw i would have gotten ur sohal if the size is about 4-5 inches and not 8 inch!! :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
bro, i need to get back my fish trap from my reefing buddy b4 i can catch out the two purple tangs and maybe one yellow tang.

Don't worry, the gem tang is only 3 digits. But i think need special order, and got minimum quota to meet b4 the lfs will bring in for me.

maybe this weekend can go chiong pasir ris side lfs. Btw i would have gotten ur sohal if the size is about 4-5 inches and not 8 inch!! :lol:

hahah u know tat my hand very heavy one, feed abt 5-6 time a day, 4 month a ago it is 4-5 inch but now, hahah too fat, sadly it had injured my AT now fins tore and very bad condition, need to recover it slowlt liao..

actually i beri keen in black tang u got lobang??

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

hahah u know tat my hand very heavy one, feed abt 5-6 time a day, 4 month a ago it is 4-5 inch but now, hahah too fat, sadly it had injured my AT now fins tore and very bad condition, need to recover it slowlt liao..

actually i beri keen in black tang u got lobang??

Black tang also need special order. Cheapest i can get is $300 from a reputable lfs. Sorry bro, but the gem tang i can get it cheaper than black tang. :evil:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

Black tang also need special order. Cheapest i can get is $300 from a reputable lfs. Sorry bro, but the gem tang i can get it cheaper than black tang. :evil:

Bro, I oso interested leh :yeah: , my tank has been quite empty cos I looking for those few tangs and oso AT and ABT!!! But I kinda like juv type cos my tank 3 feet oni :P......let me know if you got lobang......

Yet to pay you a visit, how about this friday evening? :D

Stablio: juvenile tangs often don't show their true colours as compared when they are adults. i.e orange shoulder tang.

AT are not very rare, maybe once every few weeks there would be a shipment. Its ABT that i cant find yet. Bascially, after speaking to some lfs, they are willing to bring in black tang, gem tang, any tang u can find in the encyclopedia as long as you request for it.

I am also looking at rare tangs, rather than the common yellow, blue, purple tangs.

cheers!

p.s. fri evening sld be ok.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

How come you're removing your PTs?

How much are you willing to sell them for? I have been looking around for PTs. PM me if you are still selling them. ;)

Oh yeah.. Are your YTs aggressive towards one another? I've got 1 YT in my tank and thinking of getting another one but worried about them fighting. :pinch:

How come you're removing your PTs?

How much are you willing to sell them for? I have been looking around for PTs. PM me if you are still selling them. ;)

Oh yeah.. Are your YTs aggressive towards one another? I've got 1 YT in my tank and thinking of getting another one but worried about them fighting. :pinch:

i am planning to keep other tangs, so have to make space. .

Once i catch out my purple tangs, i will keep you posted ya? The two purple tangs feeds on everything.

I have 4 yellow tangs, all doing well. there will be occassional fights but nothing serious.

Tangs sld be kept in odd number if possible.

p.s. if your tank is 10 feet, it doesnt matter if u keep in odd or even numbers. :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
i am planning to keep other tangs, so have to make space. .

Once i catch out my purple tangs, i will keep you posted ya? The two purple tangs feeds on everything.

I have 4 yellow tangs, all doing well. there will be occassional fights but nothing serious.

Tangs sld be kept in odd number if possible.

p.s. if your tank is 10 feet, it doesnt matter if u keep in odd or even numbers. :lol:

Yeah, keep me informed! Thanks! ;)

I may get another YT for my 4ft tank. For Tangs, I currently have 1 Regal Tang and 1 YT. :)

• SRC Member

man.. you guys buy YT and PT as if they cost few dollars only.. haha..

me ah, need to save like 1-2 months just to get a tiny YT.. poor me.. :unsure:

nice AT you have bro!! however i notice that the first few pictures of the AT look different from the rest of the AT pictures leh.. especially the tear-drop.. in the first few pictures, the tear-drop like abit smaller...

or maybe i just need glasses?! :blink:

• SRC Member
man.. you guys buy YT and PT as if they cost few dollars only.. haha..

me ah, need to save like 1-2 months just to get a tiny YT.. poor me.. :unsure:

nice AT you have bro!! however i notice that the first few pictures of the AT look different from the rest of the AT pictures leh.. especially the tear-drop.. in the first few pictures, the tear-drop like abit smaller...

or maybe i just need glasses?! :blink:

not ur eye, actually he have 3 AT, so all u see are different AT, dun worry abt doing check up...

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

not ur eye, actually he have 3 AT, so all u see are different AT, dun worry abt doing check up...

:D:D:D

At is quite a challenge to me but i am confident it will survive as it already feed on mysis/brine shrimps, ocean nutrition formula one flake food and seaweed.

Still cant bear to part with all my 4 yellow tangs, maybe when i decide to get a sohal or gem, i will remove the YT.

And btw, i think i am seriously overfeeding. . like 7 cubes of brine/mysis shrimps a day! :(

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
Stablio: juvenile tangs often don't show their true colours as compared when they are adults. i.e orange shoulder tang.

AT are not very rare, maybe once every few weeks there would be a shipment. Its ABT that i cant find yet. Bascially, after speaking to some lfs, they are willing to bring in black tang, gem tang, any tang u can find in the encyclopedia as long as you request for it.

I am also looking at rare tangs, rather than the common yellow, blue, purple tangs.

cheers!

p.s. fri evening sld be ok.

Bro, can PM me ur hp number? I lost ur number :paiseh:

Will give you a call on Friday....... :)

:thanks:

Hey Paul, when collecting ur ANG GEE GEE rockfish ? :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Even fowler tank also got ANG GEE GEE fishes added to it.... :P Soon may have to call u Red Red Acidjazz :P:P

i need to do some rescape before collecting the two frogfish. Might consider to put the frog in my main tank instead of fowlr.

p.s. my tank got space, you need to lobang anything? :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
i need to do some rescape before collecting the two frogfish. Might consider to put the frog in my main tank instead of fowlr.

p.s. my tank got space, you need to lobang anything? 

Hmmm.... will the frog attack ur cleaning crew? :blink: Does sea urchin disturbs corals ? thinking of the red urchins seen yesterday night....... :unsure:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Hmmm.... will the frog attack ur cleaning crew? :blink: Does sea urchin disturbs corals ? thinking of the red urchins seen yesterday night....... :unsure:

The frog will stay in the sump, no problem with that. sea urchin got pros n cons. They eat both nuisance algae and coraline algae.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Dun forgot....I reserved your YT...hor :P

hmm. . . let me think about it. . you are queue number 69. :P

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor: