Reefers Beware

This thread serves as a reminder for shady characters lingering around in SRC that await to prey on newbies or unsuspecting reefers in here. This is a mini-milestone in SRC as all along the mods have been very lenient.

The problem in question here is multinicking.

This is not a new problem. We have had cases of multinicking in SRC where an individual, let's just name him/her as A, who will use another nick to praise A’s own thread or to engage conversations in A’s own thread with nicks of A’s to talk to each other like a one-man/one-woman puppet show. Or even using a few nicks to support A’s arguments in debates when there seem to be more opinions against A and A perceived a need to conjure a few nicks to provide more support for A in the debate.

All these, the mods closed an eye as basically it doesn’t really do much harm. Words sometimes got heated up but still could be condoned and controlled to a certain extent.

Then there are other multinickers who shed old nicks when their reputation goes down the drain….especially those who utilize our BUY/SELL section as a large percentage of their activities in SRC…..after their old nicks get stained with a bad reputation…they stop using their old nicks and come in as new nick and try to offload their items again.

Again we try to give them the benefit of the doubt that they have changed and would clean up their act in future dealings. But sadly no, they changed nicks and as AT said, new nick, same old tricks.

This is where it harms the Buy/sell section…these are parasites to the BUY/SELL forum. And we have to remove such characters to give a more pleasant experience to buying and selling things in this forum of ours.

Let this case study be named B (or Acro*#($#@e, or J$#@l or ShortPolypStonyMan)

A recent activity of his was recorded here…

Swopping rics

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...topic=30640&hl=

at the end of the day, even though the swopping left a number of reefers with a sour aftertaste, the swops were not done at gunpoint. But we cannot help thinking that the kind and generous goodwill of reefers have been taken advantaged of. But this matter soon blew over and got forgotten......

And so, this character registered a new nick to return to this forum and try to pull off another shady deal of his…

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32978

Alarms were raised by discerning and concerned reefers in the thread and a lot of similarities between J$#@l and Acro*#($#@e were pointed out to me by some of them…

i)Someone who has been trying to sell a 250W Horizon ventures MH fixture with BLV 20kk bulb (also looking for a 150W MH fixture)

ii)also trying to sell a rather unique Calcium reactor

iii)has a keen interest to swop for rics

iv)stays in sengkang

All these similarities, and more not mentioned above, were too glaring to be ignored.

And I am glad that AT has verified that my judgement has been spot on.

Dark Knight of SRCity,

Batman :evil:

watching.jpg

*this thread will be heavily moderated *

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad that this sort of low-end reefers had been caught and appropriate actions taken. Hopefully they learn their lessons and not do it again.

To those reefers: You think AT or the mods don't know what you're doing, just that they close one eye only. Don't be so naive to think that you can get away with all your tricks.

• SRC Member

im really sick of these stuffs recently, taking advantages for those newbie or other reefers. next time, trade must be more careful....trade to those who have records and reputation...it will be better in this way..IMO.

• SRC Member

I am amaze.......why do they have so much time to play all this childish tricks.....strange......its really aren't worth all this effort. Or maybe I am just too simple minded...... :lol: .....I always believe.....be it the reefing circle or the social circle.......you will bound to meet the same person again so....... ;)

By the way I thought when you register as a SRC member, you need to provide some particulars? :huh:

Each person should have only one nick only right?

Pardon my ignorance.....my IT knowledge very poor.....

By the way I thought when you register as a SRC member, you need to provide some particulars?  :huh:

Each person should have only one nick only right?

Pardon my ignorance.....my IT knowledge very poor.....

Registration particulars can be easily changed bro...but it was a good thing that AT removed immediate registration. But nonetheless, characters like these still make it through.

Suggestions have been forwarded to AT of how we may be able to close up these gaps, but we shall see how it goes, ya? ;)

but guess what? I already have 3 hp numbers on hand that leads back to this same shady character....

Amazing and Incredible, isn't it? :shock::lol:

• SRC Member

So I see.....Guess we just have to be wary.....very sad such things can happen.

Anyway, just realised you became a Moderator.....Congras......you earn it.

Honestly I was very impressed by you when you show me the XXXXX reefer who puppet-talked with multi nicks!.....Thanks for the warning........I got frighten after that as I thought that fellow must be insane to do that........ :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

shady characters are present everywhere! even in RC.

but please la hor, u can try to be shady with forum where there are hundreds of thousands of users but please be smart la... SRC how many members only. look left look right, your ugly face will appear!

nonetheless kudos to ray for bringing this up but i doubt there will be any solution to it. me say so much i also feel shady! :lol:

If I catch them... I will hump their legs like any normal monkees do... how's that?  :P

seamonkee :lol:

btw, any reefers staying around this region in the url below? if yes, you have a really interesting neighbour :P

Map

ok lah, on a more serious note, i would advise reefers heading to this region for deals to be more careful. Not all of this character's items are badbuys actually, I must be fair to him also, but I will just leave it to the discretion of you guys if you all would like to deal in any form with this shady character....

caveat emptor, as always :)

• SRC Member

A very good case study to warn members to be cautious while doing trading/buying and selling. I think it is good to have this pinned-up in the buy/sell forum to remind all to beware and be warned- what say you?

Well done! BATMAN, the time and effort to track this down for the good of the SRC, the population of SRC will definitely back you up to do justice in our little reef community. :bow:

• SRC Member
So I see.....Guess we just have to be wary.....very sad such things can happen.

Anyway, just realised you became a Moderator.....Congras......you earn it.

Honestly I was very impressed by you when you show me the XXXXX reefer who puppet-talked with multi nicks!.....Thanks for the warning........I got frighten after that as I thought that fellow must be insane to do that........ :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Reefer who puppet-talked with himself using multi nicks... gosh, this guy needs to get a life, man!!! Or at least a good leg-humping by me...

Are you sure, seamonkee?

Yes.... who are u?

Me? Who? Huh?

Sure? If I'm seamonkee.. who are u?

seamoniker...

Seamoniker?

Yeah.. he's seamoniker and you are seamonkee....

I'm seamonkee and he's seamoniker and.... hey, who are you?

Sea Ape, loh.... :P:whistle:whistle

Ya lah... this kind of ppl should be delt seriously with.. Some ppl still say we very mean to them when a few of us tekan J***

those bros really thought he was new to the forum mah...so gave him benefit of the doubt....nothing wrong with that :)

these bros 不知者无罪 :)

this reminds me of a ch8 variety show...

不说你不知 :lol:

Indeed........ these reefers should be exposed in the public. create awareness among the newer reefers here who do not know of their hideous deeds. :angry:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...topic=32462&hl=

The above-mentioned URL is juz another example of what these reefers will do juz to spoil ur sales thread. <_<

Why do these reefers wanna spoil a sales thread??? :blink:

coz this shady character tried to trade inferior quality ricordea floridas for better ones. as a ric collector myself, i'm pissed. indirectly, i gave him a telling off in the thread. Thus, that particular someone "buay song".

coz another "somebody" tried to copy and fabricate a sponsor's (whom i m on familiar terms with) ideas. market it under his own brand (with the cheek of using a banner from RC). tell absurd lies to cover his own ######. I defended the sponsor, thus incurring this "somebody's" wrath.

sigh........ when will these snakes ever learn......... :pinch:

Juz me 2 cents, Mods pls delete my post if u deem inappropriate.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

I wonder if anyone noticed this:

Example:

Reefer A puts up something for sale. The description may be wts 3x1.5x1.5 tank.

Reefer B will then start another thread in a day apart that reads wtb 3x1.5x1.5 tank.

I had at first thought it is coincidence but now i think it is just games played by the bored.

Very funny to read. :D

• SRC Member

those bros really thought he was new to the forum mah...so gave him benefit of the doubt....nothing wrong with that :)

At least he is clever to use totally different nick like Jp*** and Acr*******

There's some shady characters here that you can really laugh over their stupidity...

For example, they come in originally as

creativereefer..

After their scam, then they create another nick call....

creativeman or creativereef or something like that...

Now that is STUPID....

A very good case study to warn members to be cautious while doing trading/buying and selling. I think it is good to have this pinned-up in the buy/sell forum to remind all to beware and be warned- what say you?

Well done! BATMAN, the time and effort to track this down for the good of the SRC, the population of SRC will definitely back you up to do justice in our little reef community.  :bow:

that's why i am posting this in kopitiam first to gauge the feelings of you guys...

i couldn't have done it without the helpful bros in here who have dealt with this shady person and had bad aftertaste afterwhich....they were the ones who were forthcoming with vital information which helped pinned this MrShady down.....and one even suggested calling him MrBleach, since apparently the stuff that he is trying to offload are from Bleachland :P

it also helps that I have personally *crossed swords* with this shady character to know the kinda person he actually is.

Batman's brand of justice is here to stay in SRCity, if our Mayor(AT) as well as the citizens of SRCity(you guys) appreciates it :lol:

this reminds me of a ch8 variety show...

不说你不知 :lol:

ya lah everyday cheong farms and other stuffs den dunno whats happening in the forum ;);)

At least he is clever to use totally different nick like Jp*** and Acr*******

There's some shady characters here that you can really laugh over their stupidity...

For example, they come in originally as

creativereefer..

After their scam, then they create another nick call....

creativeman or creativereef or something like that...

Now that is STUPID....

j***8 and acro******* still smart... used different nick to make money or get rics... some smelly fish used different nick to puppet-talk in his/her own tank thread :lol::lol::lol: Pengz ppl can get so childish.. even young dispar here laughing :lol::lol::lol::lol: