AT's tank... resurrected....

Here's my tank after so long... resurrected and rescaped.... bare bottom for a few months already! :)

Went for the 'pinnacles' look as I have more depth to play now...

Added in a Tunze wavebox and now have 4 Tunze streams as well.

Coral colours not so great... had probs with my CR clogging a few weeks ago when I was out of town for a week and recently my CO2 canister is out of gas... work & other priorities is taking so much time from my tank!

Not much pix for now as I'm going to be busy for Aquarama 05! :D

I miss my old tank's look... :(

post-34-1116936903.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Wow !!! still has the wow essence :D

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

You beauty! Veery nice aquascaping! :lol: Looks realistic enough...like a natural reef with the 3 'pinnacles'.

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

Here's my explanation on the shapes of the structures that I have planned....

The right side simulates a narrow reef flat strip on top and has a massive sloping triangular shape, denoted by the red lines.

The central pinnacle slowly spreads down into an inverted triangle (yellow lines) where the narrow neck/middle portion is taken up by fast-growing staghorns to fill up the middle of the tank. The rock structure's foot is a roundish base (orange lines) where monti caps are given space to grow out.

post-34-1116938601.jpg

Seriously... some corals have darken quite considerably due to my neglect. I guess I'll have to wait a while for the colours to come back... good things take time to happen... bad things happen very quickly. :(

• SRC Member

Thought of everything didn't you?/ <_<

The colors are not great, they're fantastic considering the fact that you've rescaped! :D

Keep the pictures coming! BTW, how's the wavebox working for you? :huh:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

Daimy068

Actually, I rescaped in stages... starting from left side to middle to right. Therefore some corals which should have been in higher lighting were placed in not so bright places, causing loss of colour.

The wavebox is great! :) love it... no time to do an actual review... too lazy/busy... haha!

• SRC Member
Daimy068

Actually, I rescaped in stages... starting from left side to middle to right. Therefore some corals which should have been in higher lighting were placed in not so bright places, causing loss of colour.

The wavebox is great! :) love it... no time to do an actual review... too lazy/busy... haha!

I see...well, tank still looks great. Hope your corals will color up to their full glory eventually. ;)

Anyway, looking forward to your review on the wavebox too.

See you at the seminar tomorrow.

• SRC Member

boss.. how u do that in such a big tank?? u swim in the tank to scape it??

Wanted to ask this question long ago but keep on forgetting

How do you guys manage to capture those shots under the strong lights?

I tried fiddling with the exposure but still it turned up crappy <_<

Anyway, finally your reef is up again after the mishap...

All my thumbs up :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif