Sometimes it just doesn't pay to help

Gouldian

Dear bros and sis,

I think I am really a super "KAYPOH"!

Recently, I tried to help a nooby with the set-up of his tank.

As usual in the process I always advises him to hold on stocking and to be careful of what add into the tank.

However, I have always been disappointed when I received calls telling me,

"Sorry ah bro, I have go against your advise and I have added 3 fishes at one go into the tank. How ah?"

or

"Bro, I have just bought a very beautiful fish, I dunno what it is but I like it leh. Its purple and yellow in colour wan. Do yu think its safe?"

or

"Bro, I saw this fish very nice, it comes with a sharp nose and it is orange and white in colour. The uncle says it cost $3 only. I want to get leh"

All this I can take it, what really irritates me is that I was trying to help and decides to pass him a Seio620 so as to increase the flow in his tank.

In order to be fair, I decides to test out the pump in front of him and too bad the impellor ceased. I realized that its because I have left the seio outside for too long and the detritus have cake on the impellor so boh bian clean it up and try a few times.

In the end it work and I told him that he can take it first and pay me later. I know recently someone sold his Seio for $35 in Pasar Malam so I told him i will sell him at $20.

But guess what? He suspect me trying to cheat him of his $20 with a faulty pump!!!!!!!

Sigh......

I really feels that "Hao Ren Nan Cuo"....... :(

Next time, I will just keep things to myself liao. :(

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Some ppl are like that

Don't take it too seriously bro....really respect your dedication :bow:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

That's why now dunwan to Kaypo liao. sob sob sob

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

DUn be side bro, pass me ur HP num and i will call u everytime when i wan to buy a new fish... :P

u are truely helpful and sad to see tat tat person who got help from u dun really listen...

will find u for advise when i need, dun worry i have always been a good boi :yeah:

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

DUn be side bro, pass me ur HP num and i will call u everytime when i wan to buy a new fish... :P

u are truely helpful and sad to see tat tat person who got help from u dun really listen...

will find u for advise when i need, dun worry i have always been a good boi :yeah:

You good boy meh???? So many Tangs in your tank????? You lucky no Tang Police in Singapore! :angry:

Hehehe, but for you is different, you know what you buy and know your system well. ;)

For them, cannot even ID the fish wants to buy liao. How can? In the end fish dies, come back and ask, "Why like that huh? I thought you say you have been reefing many years liao how come like that?" Jiat Lat man! :(

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

You good boy meh???? So many Tangs in your tank????? You lucky no Tang Police in Singapore! :angry:

Hehehe, but for you is different, you know what you buy and know your system well. ;)

For them, cannot even ID the fish wants to buy liao. How can? In the end fish dies, come back and ask, "Why like that huh? I thought you say you have been reefing many years liao how come like that?" Jiat Lat man! :(

hahah lucky DA retire liao, should i take up the job of Tang police and ask everyone to keep tang only...

today just bought another tang, think quite bad so fully liao still adding ..

i also got Qn to ask , my tang look like power blue but then it does have white part at the throat area, his tail quite strange, very yellow..

i wonder if it is a powder blue or powder black....

can help???

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

Lucky here not sammyboy forum.... if not it will be like "bro, how? it's $40, worth it or not hah?" "Only left rubber ring when finished, how hah?"

:P

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

I will ask him about it, and suggest that i can return him the 20 bucks if he feel 'funny" about the deal.

We are not hard up for 20 bucks rite? its not even enough for us to make a round at our LFS for the usual supplement/additives/watever!

As for his stocking issue, if he choose to "experiment" it, why you still bother to stop him the next time if you discovered that he won't listen.

look on the bright side, if he screw up and crash, he will learn to listen better.

Bro,

glad to know there are nice people still willing to help... sometimes I get these PMs asking for advise and after spending 5-10mins typing out a lengthy answer hoping to help the person, I dun even get a reply to say "Thank you" ... :(

I understand your frustration... :(

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Yes, totally agree with Royal Gramma's comments.

Gouldian, I believe many newbies have benefited a lot from your generosity in sharing your reefing knowledge. I am one of them.

There will always be disappointment but there also many joyful moments when you see success. That's life.

Forget that disappointing episode and move on.

By the way, if I know you have a SEIO620 selling at $20, I would have got it from you rather than get a brand new one at $50.

Best regards & keep up the good work.

Happy Fathering too.

• SRC Member

Bro,

The whole idea of the forum is to help others, so that reefers become more conscientious.

Some may "sound' cocky (not refering to you). It was because of the efforts and results they went thru and the trials & tribulations that they had under-gone. If you take it negatively, it's arrogance. On the positive note, it is pride. Any which way there are always something to learn from them, if one chooses to.

• SRC Member

Hi bro... normally i will ask him to return me the pump... if he is not comfortable with it ... guess human are just being suspicious over other ppl kind gesture... but don't worry... you won't be the only 1 facing this problem... I have lots and lots of similiar encounters in my business too... 1 thing for sure.. you can help me next time...whenever i need help... :lol::lol: will pull along yiling... diabolus.. 35cents... etc.. too :evil::evil::evil:

• SRC Member

a tour guide in china told us this simple phrase "hao ren bu hao zhuo".. it's not good to be a nice guy... heart too soft people step over your head or take advantage of you...

nice guys always lose out in the end if u ask me, even at other things, eg. "nan ren bu huai, nu ren bu ai"...

• SRC Member
Bro,

glad to know there are nice people still willing to help... sometimes I get these PMs asking for advise and after spending 5-10mins typing out a lengthy answer hoping to help the person, I dun even get a reply to say "Thank you" ... :(

I understand your frustration... :(

Bro....I agreed with you, experience reefer here is kind in their offering for help. It is through this forum that I can learn and pickup knowledge to move on.

It is also here that I dun buy thing and then regret, as there are review which I can learn of. This have saved me some $$$, else kanna banned from keeping this hobby :D

Think I owed those reefer/friend a Big Thank You , to those whom have been kind to help me in the past and future.

Bro Gouldian, sad to hear your experience, I have this kind of experience in my workplace too..feel hurt and sianz sometime. But nevertheless, as long as we are happy and concious clear, who care what other feel....coz everyone have diff idea.

Happy Reefing. :D

• SRC Member

Bro,

take it easy...just feels that even in SRC, we are still in army...see the good ones & the bad ones...cannot "siam". anwaz, i really :bow: to your efforts and patiences!

relaz!! and keep up your efforts! ^_^

• SRC Member

Don't take it to heart, Gouldian. The world is made up of different people and we'll just have to accept them for who they are. Life's full of little experiences we can learn from.

Cheer up! ;):D

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)