more and more unhappiness in SRC

cowgivemilk

it have been some time since i posted in SRC. realise that more and more reefers here in SRC are using this forum to vent their unhappiness of each other, flaming on each other, back mouth you and me <_< This is sort of disappointing.

SRC is a place to learn about reefing. exchange of ideas. get to know each others with the same hobbies.

maybe it is time to use the forum the correct way and not for personal anger venting machine or flaming. any un happiness shall be talk thru PM and not open to pubic. we are all mature adults. not still small kids.

Don't you guys feels the same way as me?

Do drop in a comment or two on how you guys think.

:angel:

If everyone can live in harmony, there won't be TEAR & WAR.

As long as , there is no war here, I believe I can accept it.

If everyone can live in harmony, there won't be TEAR & WAR.

As long as , there is no war here, I believe I can accept it.

yes i do agree with you on your point but from what i see is that most of the tpoic now in SRC are under this type. hmm what i mean is that. To talk thru PM instead of posting for everyone to see.. hope u see my point. because it sort of gives others bad impression just mainly based on the disagreement between the two.by posting it in public, it is sort of trying to catch supporters from the forum and condamn the other person.

when each others views do not meet from the public.. more and more unhappiness and disagreement arise.

no hard feelings. just my suggestion to make SRC a better place to stay on..

HAPPY REEFING.. :lol:

Hi Minsmarine, how's things with you?

Never see you posting for quite sometime liao. :off:

Back to the topic, I think frictions are inevitable, just have to ride it through loh. Human bounds to "I not happy with you" and "He is so like that wan".

Anyway, since our hobby revolves around salt, lets just take things with a pinch of "salt" loh.

:peace: :peace: :peace:

Hi Minsmarine, how's things with you?

Never see you posting for quite sometime liao. :off:

Back to the topic, I think frictions are inevitable, just have to ride it through loh. Human bounds to "I not happy with you" and "He is so like that wan".

Anyway, since our hobby revolves around salt, lets just take things with a pinch of "salt" loh.

:peace: :peace: :peace:

I like that quote :rolleyes:

Boh Bian bro, I have seen a couple of batches of reefers coming and leaving.

If dun take things easy, I long ago "quit" liao.

PS: Quit SRC only hor. Not the hobby. :D

Yes, I agree with the point which bro Gouldian mentioned about the batches of reefers coming and going.

It's rather disheartening when people abuse their posting rights to do some damage and suddenly disappear, leaving the others to clean up.

I guess it's a common attitude of majority of Singaporeans to abuse what had been given free to them. Do you think all this would have happened if there was to be a membership fee? Think about it ;)

I am not sure whether these inconsiderate people do visit other forums where the freedom of posting is much more slack but as long as SRC is concerned, I do advocate the strict posting rules so as to keep the threads "clean"

Actually this topic had been discussed before in AT's posting of "A Long Hard Look At Ourselves". SRC was started with a goal of promoting responsible reefkeeping and cater to the reefers out there. Therefore, I think that everyone has to spare SRC a thought and not ruin the good image of the club.

If you check out the very first posts in every forum by the pioneers of the club, you can see the harmony and friendship inside and that flaming and defamatory remarks are almost non-existent. Let us all take another look at ourselves and think over what we might have done wrong :)

Yes, I agree with the point which bro Gouldian mentioned about the batches of reefers coming and going.

It's rather disheartening when people abuse their posting rights to do some damage and suddenly disappear, leaving the others to clean up.

I guess it's a common attitude of majority of Singaporeans to abuse what had been given free to them. Do you think all this would have happened if there was to be a membership fee? Think about it ;)

I am not sure whether these inconsiderate people do visit other forums where the freedom of posting is much more slack but as long as SRC is concerned, I do advocate the strict posting rules so as to keep the threads "clean"

Actually this topic had been discussed before in AT's posting of "A Long Hard Look At Ourselves". SRC was started with a goal of promoting responsible reefkeeping and cater to the reefers out there. Therefore, I think that everyone has to spare SRC a thought and not ruin the good image of the club.

If you check out the very first posts in every forum by the pioneers of the club, you can see the harmony and friendship inside and that flaming and defamatory remarks are almost non-existent. Let us all take another look at ourselves and think over what we might have done wrong :)

:lol: Totally agreeed... just my exact words ... u having Lit as a main subject for ur exam ??? :P powerful english ... at least better than mine :)

O levels gt take literature one mehx??? i tot onli for lower secondary.. :P

hmmm i think have....... in my older days in sec.. lit is one of the major killer in o level unless u are an angmo ... then it is a totally new story .........

cheers :D:rolleyes:

nowdays i dun think have liaoz.. :D

I have seen some bickering here and there but I guess it is common in all forums.

However that being said, I do notice that ppl tend to flare up for no apparent reasons in their posting. Can only open 1 eye, close 1 eye.

THere are a lot of helpful people out here though. Spoken to a few and all are fantastic & friendly.

The forum is constructive most of the time unlike some other forums which ended up with loads of trash and "coded" language which only a small heandful can understand and follow.

I have since boycotted other forums and am enjoying posting and reading from this forum more.

It will be wonderful if ppl can be more tolerant and enjoy the virtual company of reefers in thsi forum.

Go and take a look at other forums HWZ, clubsnap, etc etc and you will see it is much more fierce. They don't have heavy hand clan there :lol:

BH is right about this being the same thing AT raised in another thread some time ago. I personally think it is down to 3 main reasons:

1) SIZE. SRC is really really huge now, so more strangers, less closeness between members. Like being in the national stadium is so much less friendly than being in a small kopitiam with a bunch of friends.

2) EGO. Lots of people have strong opinions on various subjects and get into heated arguments to defend their positions/actions.

3) MONEY. People have been resorted to dirty tactics to sabotage the business reputation of their competitors. Like it or not, SRC is a place where there are a lot of potential customers, and people will make use of it to make money, not matter how they do it. Also, there are shady characters creeping in to try to cheat/con people... this makes everyone else extra cautious and wary, leading to increased unhappiness and friction in SRC as a whole.

What to do about it? No idea. Might as well say how to end all wars in the world. :(

There is Lit in "O" Levels but I am not taking it <_<

Ok, now let's take a long, hard look at ourselves

I do agree with some of the points raised in some of the posts in this thread, but I must also say I dun really agree that the situation seem to have worsen suddenly...

Yes, there are times when certain incidents happen, but as someone who logs in almost everyday, I must say it's definitely not a daily occurance and things are not as bad as it seems...

There's still alot of decent exchange of ideas, cheerful idle banter which is why I still enjoy coming to SRC! And I must say there's also a big handful of fellow reefers whom I have not met personally, yet we "chat" here like friends in SRC...

Of coz, there will always be incidents that will happen, but let's not allow those incidents to make this a bad/lousy forum...

There's still lots of fun, lots of nice people here! :peace:

I do agree with some of the points raised in some of the posts in this thread, but I must also say I dun really agree that the situation seem to have worsen suddenly...

Yes, there are times when certain incidents happen, but as someone who logs in almost everyday, I must say it's definitely not a daily occurance and things are not as bad as it seems...

There's still alot of decent exchange of ideas, cheerful idle banter which is why I still enjoy coming to SRC! And I must say there's also a big handful of fellow reefers whom I have not met personally, yet we "chat" here like friends in SRC...

Of coz, there will always be incidents that will happen, but let's not allow those incidents to make this a bad/lousy forum...

There's still lots of fun, lots of nice people here! :peace:

Total agreed.. src is still a place here i learned alot which i don't know ...:)

well... there are bound to a be a few black sheep among the whites ..

Lets continue reefing and cheers:)

Yep, I agree to what bro RAV-65 has said.

As a daily poster, I can also tell that these incidents do not sprout out that often. It's those incessant flamers who can't seem to stop their rantings that irks me sometimes. But in the end, let us be gracious people and think twice before posting.