True Percula clown lay egg

Wow... congratulations! I'm waiting for my maroon clowns to mate, hopefully they can spawn like yours :)

How are you going to nurse the baby clowns?

I think it'll be good if you can take more pictures of the eggs. Use the macro mode, pick the largest "f-value" (smallest aperture).

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• SRC Member

I was hoping expert here can advice me on how to keep the little ones alive if they ever hatch :)

I know how to handle goldfish baby but salt water fish never try b4.

Your maroon clowns look promising...my true clown male and female proportion also similar.... one thing I notice is the female suddenly grow bigger and next thing is I saw the eggs.

Will try again to take better picture tomorrow.

must be shaky hand. Can a Canon A95 do better than that.... :erm:

must be shaky hand. Can a Canon A95 do better than that.... :erm:

Your A95 definitely can take better shots than that ;)

Try using macro mode, with flash. See if it looks good. Otherwise you can switch to full manual mode, still using macro mode, but increase the ISO to the max, lower the shutter speed to around 120, and use the largest aperture (smallest f-value). You should be able to take a better shot that way.

I look forward to see the eggs in clearer detail! :)

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

• SRC Member

after my last post, I realised some of the eggs turned black! :(

I thought gone liao... the numbers also reduced by a lot

after 2 days...I realise the darken eggs somehow look like there are fry forming.

too bad still can't take very clear photo...this is the best I manage :P

hopefully still can hatch

post-54-1125494002.jpg

• SRC Member

:yeah: Wow your true percular clown really nice.

Can give me one when the young one grow up?? :evil: Puppy clowns. :thanks:

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

hi cci[RR]us,

as requested :D

WAH!!! :o:shock::ooh:

Looks like a video capture from the Discovery Channel! Great stuff! :yeah:

Damn cute ah... :bow:

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

• SRC Member

sorry bros,

I was told cant keep 2 clown fish in the same tank?eerrr...how to get a pair in that case?Do they need anemone or corals to spawn their eggs?

Its very nice experience.For newbie like me,probably wouldnt see it happen in a long long time.

• SRC Member
sorry bros,

I was told cant keep 2 clown fish in the same tank?eerrr...how to get a pair in that case?Do they need anemone or corals to spawn their eggs?

Its very nice experience.For newbie like me,probably wouldnt see it happen in a long long time.

i think same type of clown should be ok to keep 2.

just get a pair 1 big 1 small and nature will do the rest :P

don't worry about ######...size will determine which will become female....hope I'm right.

read from a chinese posting in another forum different clown also can mix and mate....

day 7 night....no hatch yet... today day 8... :ph34r:

i think same type of clown should be ok to keep 2.

just get a pair 1 big 1 small and nature will do the rest :P

don't worry about ######...size will determine which will become female....hope I'm right.

read from a chinese posting in another forum different clown also can mix and mate....

day 7 night....no hatch yet... today day 8... :ph34r:

mine almost alway hatch on day 8 (3 out of 4 batch of eggs). turn off light + off pump + cover your tank and wait 1-3hrs and you'll see the fries.

Day 1-10 - feed using rotifers

after which baby brine etc....

your clown will lay eggs again in a few days time.

not an expert cos till date mine is 0% survival rate (max 1 day only). All my info come mainly from this forum and all the kind expert :bow::bow::thanks:

now waiting for my 5th batch of eggs to hatch.....

if you need rotifers can PM me.

All the best

SF

• SRC Member

first baby hatched! :yeah:

shifted the LR with eggs from main tank to a 1 litre container. Realise the LR too season liao..got all kinds of nonsense worms and "wild zoo"...very dangerous..

saw this baby just now and scoop it out to an empty container ..safety first B)

notice rotifer bought from ML seems like getting lesser instead of multiplying... :shock:

I had a maroon for 3 months and then I added in common clown.The maroon chased the common clown everywhere.Now they are living peacefully.

my maroon clown whack my false percula even though size smaller. Now don;t dare to add other clownfishes.

Envy yours can live in harmony