4x2x2 ft Tank

acidjazz

• SRC Member
another look.

its one in the morning and the tank is leaking. . . . . . . :(

brother, is that an arcylic sump tank?? where does the leak come from??

damnz, im feeling frustarted for you man!! really hate these type of feelings after rectifiy another problems! what the update?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The leak is coming from the pipings again, this time a different one.

Its ok when the return pump is of.. But when i on the return pump, the pressure from the eheim1262 is so great that it cuases water to squirt out from one of the pipings. gonna have to redo the pipings tonight again. Shagged.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

well...that the fun .... by the time you complete the pipings....u shall become an expert in piping! maybe next project, I will asked you to assist me! :D

i got phobia of pipings already.

Anyway decided not to do anything tdy. . prob wait till the weekend then i work on the tank again.

Temp just running the main tank water with maxijet x3 since my pipings aint ready yet.

Aquatechnic tanks are really unique, quite like it when i purchase it. Should check out their 12 footer display tank in their warehouse. :rolleyes:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

:bow::bow::bow::bow: . Schuran needs alot of tunning. Me still having had time figuring my jetskim 200 :lol:

All the best for your new set up.

bro, maybe two of us can do a review for the Schuran jetskim.

Its a very good simmer, with low wattage pumps.

No matter how hard the tuning, cant be harder than becketts. :P

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

paul add some support to your return piping to sump

Roger. so long never hear from you, still got chiong not?

This two days the tank really shagged me out. Sat then i continue with the pipings.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

Hey paul...

Sorry to hear about your piping headaches...but the tank looks great...only a matter of time before it's all up and running....hang in there.

My tank finally came in two weeks ago and had some issues with piping as well, leakages here and there, also needed a check valve cos when the return pump went off, the backflow almost flooded my sump tank :P Long story...but bottom line was that i had to run the main tank alone just like ur doing to and wait till the weekend to get the stuff...a lil frustrating so i know how ya feel but when it's all finally done, the feeling is well worth the wait.. ;)

And those Aquatechnic tanks are wicked....love the braceless look...ur right tho, don't see many of those tanks posted on this forum.

Anyways...thought i'd drop by and say hi....n wish u the best in the new tank...keep the updates coming.

take care... ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Hey paul...

Sorry to hear about your piping headaches...but the tank looks great...only a matter of time before it's all up and running....hang in there.

My tank finally came in two weeks ago and had some issues with piping as well, leakages here and there, also needed a check valve cos when the return pump went off, the backflow almost flooded my sump tank :P Long story...but bottom line was that i had to run the main tank alone just like ur doing to and wait till the weekend to get the stuff...a lil frustrating so i know how ya feel but when it's all finally done, the feeling is well worth the wait.. ;)

And those Aquatechnic tanks are wicked....love the braceless look...ur right tho, don't see many of those tanks posted on this forum.

Anyways...thought i'd drop by and say hi....n wish u the best in the new tank...keep the updates coming.

take care... ;)

hey kenny, i am glad your tank finally came. It took a lot of careful planning sinc Aquarama right. Have you fire up everything? Its difficult running a One Man show, these few nights sleep at 2 plus in the morning bcuz of the tank.

Anyway i will try to drop by ur place soon to check out your tank.

I believe Aquatechnic cater more for corporate companies than private individuals. But u are right, their tank is wicked. There is no back flow even if there's a power trip, save you on the check valve already.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

hey kenny, i am glad your tank finally came. It took a lot of careful planning sinc Aquarama right. Have you fire up everything? Its difficult running a One Man show, these few nights sleep at 2 plus in the morning bcuz of the tank.

Anyway i will try to drop by ur place soon to check out your tank.

I believe Aquatechnic cater more for corporate companies than private individuals. But u are right, their tank is wicked. There is no back flow even if there's a power trip, save you on the check valve already.

Wow...ur right...i HAVE been planning since aquarama!....seems like ages ago...but yeah...glad everything is fired and working great...the beckett is pulling out some major gunk from my tank....thanks again for the heads up on the beckett...owe u one.. ;)

I know how u feel on the one man show...altho i did have my wife helping on some minor chores.... :P Well...let me know when urs is up and we'll drop by each others place....n compare notes... ;)

I guess you're right about them serving more corporates cos their pricing is a lil steep for regular reefers...even tho they do provide quality stuff...interested to know how they solved ur backflow problem....don't suppose it's the simple solution of drilling an airhole somewhere in the return...am sure it's a lil more sophisticated than that....

Well...keep the pictures coming....mine will be up shortly...hopefully will be loading some of the pics up this weekend...so stay tuned... ;)

later buddy....

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Final rescape.

post-34-1128170531.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Left view

post-34-1128170618.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Right side.

post-34-1128170667.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Top view.

post-34-1128170712.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

Had a look at the tank in person today. Must say the pictures don't do the tank nor rockscaping justice! :P:lol:

Well done, acidjazz! ;)

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

wad can i sae is only one words.. nice.. haha.. bro.. ur rockscaping is nice.. btw.. isit going to be seen in both side?

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

Thanks for all the comments. At least the effort not wasted fixing up the pipings and all.

daimy068, nice meeting u ytd. Your tank is one of the most fully equipped around and its really impressive the effort and money you put into this hobby.

Dorado, stop trying to psycho me into sps. sps = more time and effort = 2x250watt Mh = 3/4 hp chiller = electricity bills shoot up the ceiling again. :)

Anyway the tank is still in the infant stage, will take a while before any LS can be added in.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor: