suntec tank condition

Rocky99

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Talking about wisma tank.All the fish in that tank are in really bad shape with ich and wounds :(

i dun understand how come they put small yellow tang and blue tang together with the shark.

they think that tank is an ocean eh? millions sq ft of hiding place eh.

and, do they get fed everyday?

• SRC Member

yepz, the one at wisma is got standard =) at least the fishes seem healthy. not very exotic fishes. but at least they seem healthy.

but i once saw this big fish, like forearm size one, but dunno what fish lahz(machiam those that we eat at restaurants) stuck with its head facing down among the rockworks.... it was still breathing thou... so poor thing... =(

• SRC Member

I finally saw the tanks for myself last evening but could not take pics with my mobile as the quality was really bad.

But when I was there, in one of the smaller tanks, I saw an Emperor Angel fish lying on the sandbed, desperately gasping for air. :( The existing Emperor Angel in the tank is ich-infested and there's another Emperor Angel with foggy, white eyes. :(

I feel really sad at the state of these aquariums. The corals in the main tank, which is the 10-12 footer, aren't too well either. I saw a red blasto showing the first signs of bleaching too.

Isn't there anything we can do? Write to the management? :unsure:

• SRC Member

hmm... thou they might most probably ignore us, and dun care.. maybe we can hope fo th eodd chance that they might be more responsible as a result

maybe we should write in. =) as SRC, not as individuals. but as a group of ###### number of reefers. haha. =)

• SRC Member

Oh dear. I have not seen it myself but hearing abt it already makes me feel worried.

As said by our fellow reefer somebody maybe we should write in to them as a club.

It maybe just corals and fish to them but for us reefers it is a life. Knowing abt the poor maintainance that was given to these livestock is not easy to swallow. It must be made known to Suntec City that having a reef tank is not cheap, easy and something that they can neglect. It is serious!

I believe that tourist that come to Singapore will go to Suntec city and when they have a look at the tank condition! What will they say? Nice? I don't think so!

I think that it is time that management of Suntec city realise that it is either they maintain it or scrap it.

Regards

tank is owned by suntec management ,

setup done by harlequin marine

maintanience done by some other company

juz so sad to c the fishes dying off , was there the other day and saw a flame angel up the lorry ...

I stick 2 large A4 paper on the tank last night when leaving home. This morning, I saw the cleaning aunty taking off the paper.

I dun think writing to the management will matter. I will make a more colourful version tomorrow.

Hopefully it embarrass them to take some real action

• SRC Member
Suntec buy Resun buy Resun

If you don't mind me saying but I don't think it's appropriate to promote your wares in here, esp. when SRC has been having some trouble of late about ppl not being Sponsors and selling their products commercially etc.

Just my thoughts. ;)

• SRC Member

maybe SRC can sponsor some t-shirts and we can all go sit outside

the tank 1 of this day with some banner stuff ... maybe we can get

a free nite stay at some police station ... :lol:

stick paper on tank ... and maybe they charge u for vandalism ...

Would SPCA be a better channel? Or fish and marine life does not fall

under SPCA?

maybe ask some ang-moh fren go see tank and ask them

"hey y is the fish lying on the sandbed? isiz sleeping :P" .. and embarass

suntec management

cheers

If you don't mind me saying but I don't think it's appropriate to promote your wares in here, esp. when SRC has been having some trouble of late about ppl not being Sponsors and selling their products commercially etc.

Just my thoughts. ;)

Sorry :cry2: im not selling chiller, also not a chiller dealer also

Is just a joke ;):lol::lol:

Stop diluting this thread with posts that have no link to the topic ;)

Suntec's tank's condition is no joke and I'll wirte in to ST about it

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Stop diluting this thread with posts that have no link to the topic ;)

Suntec's tank's condition is no joke and I'll wirte in to ST about it

Young man , why take it so hard ? Know u r in the hot sit for the post of Mod in SRC sometime we must put aside some time for joke to losen up the tension . :lol:

relex ppl , koptiam muz sit down lim kopi.

Resun got bad customer service/after sales service , i swear nv to touch that brand! SPTLP lol.

its abit too late , the fishies all like >.< liao

better late then never !

Young man , why take it so hard ? Know u r in the hot sit for the post of Mod in SRC sometime we must put aside some time for joke to losen up the tension . :lol:

I'm not doing this because of the mod selection (those who know me should know)

But SRC doesn't tolerate such off topic posts and your posts not only dilute this thread of unecessary details but also show how lightly you take this serious case.

Suntec's tank might not be your tank and you might not have a share in it but as an aquarist and reefer's view, don't you think this is totally against what we are going for? :huh:

I'm also going to email Suntec regarding this matter and we'll see whether they require any assistance from us reefers ;)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
I'm not doing this because of the mod selection (those who know me should know)

But SRC doesn't tolerate such off topic posts and your posts not only dilute this thread of unecessary details but also show how lightly you take this serious case.

Suntec's tank might not be your tank and you might not have a share in it but as an aquarist and reefer's view, don't you think this is totally against what we are going for? :huh:

I'm also going to email Suntec regarding this matter and we'll see whether they require any assistance from us reefers ;)

umm..

but did anyone volunteered first to lend their assistance?..

why not ask the community first before submitting your views?..