i need help! friend borrow money not repaying

shoelevy

• SRC Member

er, you guys would stoop so low until like that? Come on, for a thousand dollar, you would treat a friend like that? Yes, she used the money, maybe use it for the activities like what Shoelevy have mentioned but 2 wrong doesn't make a right. It's her karma and retribution that will decide her fate. Relax lah, don't go so low until like that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Melvin, she's actually supposed to pay by installments

not the one u toking about...but actual monetary transfers

but i've yet to received it for this month which is the first installment

here's the most amazing part, i issued her an ultimatum today saying i'll gif her a grace of extra 1 week and i had better see money in my acct...she actually got cheek to come and tell me her handbag got stolen and everything of hers is gone... smirk... ain't that the lousiest excuse you've ever heard?

before lend money will nice and tok, after lend money sms, msn all siam me...once issue ultimatum suddenly very active sms reply very fast...really zi ren zi mian bu zi xin...tan qian shang gan qing...i think all those hard stance against lending friend money is perhaps sth i will truely learn from you guys.

thanks indeed

• SRC Member
Melvin, she's actually supposed to pay by installments

not the one u toking about...but actual monetary transfers

but i've yet to received it for this month which is the first installment

here's the most amazing part, i issued her an ultimatum today saying i'll gif her a grace of extra 1 week and i had better see money in my acct...she actually got cheek to come and tell me her handbag got stolen and everything of hers is gone... smirk... ain't that the lousiest excuse you've ever heard?

before lend money will nice and tok, after lend money sms, msn all siam me...once issue ultimatum suddenly very active sms reply very fast...really zi ren zi mian bu zi xin...tan qian shang gan qing...i think all those hard stance against lending friend money is perhaps sth i will truely learn from you guys.

thanks indeed

Is it the girl you met at Reborn that you fell so madly in love? :kiss::wub:

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
er, you guys would stoop so low until like that? Come on, for a thousand dollar, you would treat a friend like that? Yes, she used the money, maybe use it for the activities like what Shoelevy have mentioned but 2 wrong doesn't make a right. It's her karma and retribution that will decide her fate. Relax lah, don't go so low until like that.

Stoop so low? hehhehehe

Looks like muar chee has the same frequency ......

Even for a guy also ask him to turn around and bend down ah... hehhehehe

On a more serious note, it is true that if you lend money be prepared not to even take it back...it also happens to me many many years back, a few k somemore, owe and never return. Till a few years later managed to chased it back man...then the unfortunate thing happen, a few years ago he died :( many things train through my thoughts thereafter, life is so fragile and it thought me to look past things that are worldly. I spend more time with friends and help them (those that need help) in their problems so that they will not borrow money from me (i am not rich) and other friends - they need to overcome their problem.

On a joking note - Shoelevy you can also ask her to repay you by working for you :evil::evil::evil:

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Its a joke. Relax, dude. Loosen up abit.

Even if want free, also not like this. Thats what drunk girls at clubs and discos are for. :P

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member
On a more serious note, it is true that if you lend money be prepared not to even take it back...it also happens to me many many years back, a few k somemore, owe and never return.  Till a few years later managed to chased it back man...then the unfortunate thing happen, a few years ago he died :( many things train through my thoughts thereafter, life is so fragile and it thought me to look past things that are worldly.  I spend more time with friends and help them (those that need help) in their problems so that they will not borrow money from me (i am not rich) and other friends - they need to overcome their problem.

Yes. Life is fragile. Thats why I now need my money back to sustain life. Milk powder and pampers do not grow on trees.

Looks like muar chee has the same frequency ......

Even for a guy also ask him to turn around and bend down ah... hehhehehe

Now that is low. Even I also will not ask a guy bend over.

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member
Is it the girl you met at Reborn that you fell so madly in love? :kiss::wub:

warrau not that girl la aiyo....super good imagination leh melvyn...this is purely friend in need help friend

nothing to do with love or ###### mannn...man of integrity when it comes to women ok! lol lol

a bit off topic, but would like to relate something my relative told me... :off:

it is often very difficult for one to ask for money from someone else, need to tear down face to do it. this is quite a shameful thing to do...is especially so if family need money, or in cases of job lose etc. u just need to trust your gut feelings as to whether they are telling u the truth or not. however, there is always people with exception.

on the other hand, if you decide to loan it to them, have the mentality of not getting the money back first. then u will never need to worry about it. if the money is returned, it will be like getting a bonus for u...

:peace:

above from an auntie who borrowed money when she was poor (that is why she understands how difficult it is), and now is always helping others with financial problems (limited to relatives only) if they approach her for help

• SRC Member

me used to lend frndz some $$....trust them cause already knew then since younger dayz..used to pay back but then slowly b4 previous loan completed...ask for more....n till dun bother to pay back....total lost arn 3k frm them.....but now i makin a point no matter wat their sad story i will not lend my $$ again.....enough is enough :angry:

not sure if u guyz happen to have frndz who tell u their old same sad story....... :unsure:

• SRC Member

Borrower always got good story to tell. Like my case. I was promoted and was transferred to another department. Got this 1 short guy was assigned to me 1 day. I think he knew I was new to the department and ask me for some money, saying wife need it for surgery. Since I was new to the department, I lend him coz I will see him everyday. Weeks becomes months and end of the year when bonus were handed out, he tell another story saying grandma got plot of land for sale in Malaysia, waiting for the cheque to clear by the lawyer. When he said that, I knew I wouldn't get my money back. I did ask around and he had a bad reputation of never paying back. So I also follow his style loh and tell the whole department about me being cheated by him. When he approach anyone to even borrow $10, my colleague would tell him to return my money 1st then he can borrow. Nowaday he avoided eye contact from me. Serve him right. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Go to her hse with the IOU in hand... (make sure her whole family around)... give her a dead line to rtn $$$ in full or else make police report & go to small claim court. :evil:

Dump this so call fren... real fren dun take u for a ride and did what she did.

Worst come to worst... take it as follow:

1) u owe her the $$$ in previous life :(

2) she'll repay u in the next life :angel:

3) the money spent for a course in life... :)

4) the $$$ spend on a brand new tank & it crashes :cry:

5) Buy big open small, buy small open big... kana makan :ph34r:

6) $$$ are meant to be spent in one way or another

$$$ can solve no problem

$$$ cannot solve BIG Problem...

:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

• SRC Member

jus to share my unbelieveable n ridiculous encounter.

It happens last year when a friend (or is it still consider friend) call me up. We have not been communicating for the past 21 years and YES ITS 21 YEARS. It all happen when i get a air con mechanic to service my air con, suay suay he is the father of my friend. Tats when he got my contacts and call me.

Here is the conversation :

Hello bro, how r u, I'm M****** staying at Bukit Merah last time, remember me ?

I pause awhile and replied : yes, I remember u. Hows things, long time nv hear from u.

he answered : Bro, I jus came out from @@@@, so not working but later going for interview. Can I borrow $500 from u ?

I answered : Bro, I no money leh (in my mind was, walau 21 years nv contact, first call is borrow money)

He said : Bro, buay steady hor, we brother $500 u take it so big ?

I said : I really dun have lar, I have a family to support lar.

He replied : ok lar, $200 have or not

I say : no leh.

he replied : ok, how about $50, I need to take cab for interview leh (*expletive* in my mind i was thinking, what the f***, no money still wan to take taxi)

I said : Bro, really dun have lar.... if u wan to talk friendship ok, dun borrow money from me please.

he angrily replied : buay swee lar bro, $50 also dun have, wan to bluff me arr.... I treat u bro, u like that.

guess what i did later ???

HANG UP THE BLOODY PHONE AND NV PICK UP HIS CALL AGAIN (he called a few times after that)

This shows how ridiculous a human being can be....... <_<

• SRC Member

hammanbmw,

so hard hearted for wat? 21 YEARS of friendship lehz...

just explain nicely to him la..

tell him u got a BIG family la, many many mouths to feed..

regal angel, blue eye anthias, flameback angel etc etc.. and how many lives u gotta support everyday... acropora tenuis, acropora solitarensis, acropora hoeksemai, montipora capriconis etc etc. not forgetting to mention u have to support 'SUPERMAN' as well.... each of them cost easily the amount he trying to borrow...

He should get the idea :lol: ....

actually gotta learn from you guys, able to stand firm, me always soft hearted so have been cheated and cheated again..

even by SO CALLED BROTHERS!!...

borrow money, handphone from few of us and ran away.. even backstab me and snatched away i girl i used to like...

not only money, some even steal toys, stationary and stuffs... die also cannot imagine they would do these type of things to you....

really boils down to luck i think..... like wat some bros here mentioned... pai seh to reject ur so called BROs....

one lesson ive learned... take it easy, no point crying over spilt milk..

just treat it as a small fee to see the person's true colours... that small fee u pay now might help save u tens of thousands or even ur career next time ..

cheers and happy new year!!

:peace:

• SRC Member
bro,

good luck to ur $$... just 4get abt it n life move on.. the more u thing

the more u wont get back a single cent!!!

my pass experience tell me, your $$ is your's keep to urself.

Just treat it u lost in the share.....

i agree w u bro...our $$ for urself to use....

but how do u feel wen frbdz u knoe for so long cheat ur $$....how thick is their skin?? nvr pay n stil ask more....

u trust them but in the end kenna play out.....

• SRC Member

Yes. Life is fragile. Thats why I now need my money back to sustain life. Milk powder and pampers do not grow on trees.

Now that is low. Even I also will not ask a guy bend over.

wata-nabei !

Turn around and bend means to give a good smacking lah what you guys thinking man ;)

sei le eh dao hehehhehehe

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

get a marker n paint la..... :D

Thats a good one hehhehehe....

Tigger dun worry, already ordered Black Tang from uncle sam for you...steady right? ;)

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
u trust them but in the end kenna play out.....

this is perhaps the main reason for why i wish to take action

i feel very unhapy that my trust has been taken for granted

but 1 thing for sure i've learnt is never to lend money...and to maintain a straight face...the shared experience of u guys really really REAlly helped me see

thanks u guy :thanks:

anyone has more experience to share just input it hear...its really interesting and even amusing to hear what people would do for money

• SRC Member

Yeah what - the ultimate...

4x2x2 Tank Thread