Reef Optupus Skimmers

dumdum

• SRC Member

There are a few places selling these skimmers, you can see under the sponsers Aquamarin had it on promotion which just ended. I have only seen it runnning at Aquamarin in their main display tank. The foam it produces really looks good :ooh::ooh::ooh: ...especially for its price!

I'm using the NW-110 (the smallest one) for my 2ft cube.

Here's the result after running it for 3days with only LR in the tank. Still cycling the tank, no LS yet.

So far so good. Only prob with this is the amount of micro bubbles produced from the outlet piping. Waiting for the skimmer to run in and see if this improves.

post-14-1136737822.jpg

Wow that's some nice foam B)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

u DIYed the waste collector? Can take a pic of the tube connecting to the waste collector as I'm thinking of doing that...

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

u DIYed the waste collector? Can take a pic of the tube connecting to the waste collector as I'm thinking of doing that...

Hi, Just make a hole thru the collection cup, insert a L-shape joint, then seal it with either silicon or pvc glue. Run a tubing thru the L joint into any bottle. I used the empty bottle of seachem matrix, nice size and neat.

Here's the pic of the diy setup.

post-14-1136825363.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey drato thanks for the pics! Great I'm gonna try it once I set up sump... got the biggest one NW 250 if I'm not wrong... hopefully it can work wonders... seen the actual thing in Action at AM!

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
I'm using the NW-110 (the smallest one) for my 2ft cube.

Here's the result after running it for 3days with only LR in the tank. Still cycling the tank, no LS yet.

So far so good. Only prob with this is the amount of micro bubbles produced from the outlet piping. Waiting for the skimmer to run in and see if this improves.

Hi,

May I know what is the brand of the pump provided? Is it noisy??

How bad is the micro bubbles are the outlet? Does it got feed back to the main tank??

Anyone try running ozone thru' it, is it ozone safe? If it is thinking of getting one to try.

Found my answer already from Martin himself :

Dear David,

Thanks for your mail and selection!

Ozone is really harmful to Acrylic.It will make Acrylic to be yellow in color.It depends on mostly the quality of Acrylic used.And it will be harmful to the glue too.

We suggest:our products could be connected to the Ozone.You need to check the product carefully after two years working period.

Please write to us if you will need any information.

Regards,

Martin

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
Here's the skimmate on the 4th day of running. To me this is quite a value for money skimmer, low wattage as well!!! Only running on a 18W pump!

Hi bro drato11 anymore update on the skimmer how do you like it so far. Have you try dry skimming would like to see the result. Have anybody tried using other needlewheel pump (aquabee or ocean ruuner) with the skimmer. :thanks:

• SRC Member
Can't wait to see the result after you mod the skimmer as for the fitting easy to get :D

Not really. Tried a few HW shop and they do not hv the size! Luckily, an expert reefer provide me the contact of the shop tat carrys the adapters/ fittings. Will get it this Thursday afternoon and tried it out this long weekend!!! :lol: