1. 1. Prices at Tampines Mall B1 Fishshop

• INSANE!
    • Expensive
    • Competitive
    • Affordable
    • CHEAPEST!

• SRC Member

Greetings,

Generally speaking, if the shop owner is not keen or not helpful, or does not have the required knowledge, then we could safely conclude that the shop is just there for the sake of making money and attention. Why buy from them if they don't care? More over, it involves livestock. I do not think he's creating awareness about or dying coral reefs. Please look for responsible sellers.

Matthew

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i pass by that shop quite often ( near MOS burger :lol: ) .. i notice that they display a few marine nanos that are quite often plagued by cyano blooms or have dying corals... once there was about 3 species of clowns in the bigger nano and 2 damsels.. what an explosive mix.. its sad to see that these people dealing with livestock take their job so lightly.. even if that doesnt bother them ... they shouldat least make some effort to make the nanos look nice la..

I've not been to that shop before, but if I'm not wrong, most nano tank (especially those 1 feet tank), most owners will use a hang on filters as current maker instead of using a powerhead. So I think the temp is still ok during the night, but fluctuation of 1 or 2 degreeC during the day and night is not avoidable in this case.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

guess might checkout this shop as i go to TM weekly for stock replenishment.

sad though hearing pple using livestock purely for profits and forsaking the need to learn n understand what they are selling. certain products can adopt 'blind selling' but not when its concerning livestocks. hiazzz :(

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Just saw this post...wanna speak justice for this shop.

Firstly I think it's not really right to start a poll to start speaking ill abt a shop which is alone managing a high rental fee. And surprisingly, many of the reefers do know that.

:D

in the first place, when someone open a shop, they do want to earn money and who doesn't ?

what we are doing here may be right in alerting the newbies but a lot of unnecessary comments are been fired at this shop.

And again, If u find that it's too expensive, u can choose not to buy from them. :(

I understand that they are not knowlegable in handling marine fishes and I live in the region as i do often see their tank when patronizing TM.

But it's the responsibility of a starter or anyone who wants to start marine, to have at least enough knowlegde before starting. Agreeable ?

You wun buy a car when u dun know how to drive right ?

Seriously, isn't it better to tell newbies to start reading and lookup on information before starting then creating a commotion over a shop. And it's not that nice to tok behind their back since we are affecting the sales and at the same time, he doesn't realise his mistake and can't feedback on his shop. Right ? :D

I am a resident of the region and do find his prices higher than other shops.

But the shop owner is very nice, He offered me really good prices when I often get a few stuffs from his shop. Like the test kits, and stuffs....the price is high becos of rental fees but one thing better is the service attitude.

He doesn't give u the attitude like "hey, u can afford then dun buy." Even that he is not knowlegable but is good to tok to. U can get a good price if u bargain with him.

Even if it's not as good as some other shops in term of price. But u must know that even if u buy a piece of clothes, the price in the normal HDB shophouse cannot be compared to Orchard Road or other departmental stores. :lol:

Pls guys, at least give a clap to this shop's good service. I rather spend a bit more on a shop with good service and attiude, then spend my money on a shop with poor staffs and bad attitude.

Let us encourage this kinda service quality in view of Singapore future as a tourism attraction.

You wun wanna bring ur overseas friends to a place which gives ppl bad service right ?hhahaa..

and for watever mistakes they make, it is nice for u who is more experience to highlight to the shopowner.

Just my viewpoint here and I am not related to the shop at all... :thanks:

:)

. X-Nature . Something Xtravagant for everyone .

links:
our website: http://www.xnature.net.tc
sgreef forum: http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83

Providing premium delicacies for marine fishes and corals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
haha, yup its at the serangoon area. Horrible prices with unknowledge staff. A perfect combination!  :lol: I mean i dun mind paying abit more if they give good advice...but....mistaking a dottyback for a sunburst?  :snore:

wow what is the name of the shop???About wat u say Gan.This thread is to make people aware their bad services and their greedy attitude.I usually go to the library over there and i should check out for myself.Btw wat is the name of the shop???

girlone.png

• SRC Member

:lol: i'm refering to the shop in TM...for serangoon i am not very sure cos nv patronise there.

nah...if it's bad service and attitude, it's reasonable but some comments are too way off topic.

expecting prices to be low without considering the location of the shop...

if it's really bad service and stuffs, we can highlight abt that but it's abt the prices.

u should read more into the thread.

if u looking for the name of the shop in TM, it's in the thread heading.

good luck then.since it's already such an old topic, forget abt it then.hahaha.

good luck.

. X-Nature . Something Xtravagant for everyone .

links:
our website: http://www.xnature.net.tc
sgreef forum: http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83

Providing premium delicacies for marine fishes and corals.

• SRC Member
;)
girlone.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
There's one LFS at Novena MRT B2...$30 for turbo snails..wat the F@#$K! hahahaha :shock:

Rip off!... complaint to them la. haha!

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• SRC Member
There's one LFS at Novena MRT B2...$30 for turbo snails..wat the F@#$K! hahahaha :shock:

really is it a new shop last few months I went doesnt seem to be there

hmm is it near the old chang kee there?

hmm :rolleyes::unsure: :unsure:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
Hrmz, personally i feel their price is on the high side. But what can we expect when its operating in TM? Imagine the rent. I haven't chatted with any of the shop owners/assistants that much though so cant give any comments abt their knowledge.

Theres this BIG shop that sells both fresh n marine fishes (i shant mention the name) that has totally unknowledgeable staff though, or at least the one who served me was. That particular staff didnt even know what hes selling apparantly. Tried to sell me a bi-colour dottyback for $65 (he mistood it for a sunburst) ZzZZzzZ. Cant tell a powder brown from a brown tang. Gosh, i'll never patronise that place again. :snore:

One shop i went to at PS i've oso chatted abt this with bro bugattilambo we thought that he price was... :pinch: A mandarin for $49.90?? That's a big JOKE... <_<

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
One shop i went to at PS i've oso chatted abt this with bro bugattilambo we thought that he price was... :pinch: A mandarin for $49.90?? That's a big JOKE... <_<

no one ever buys fish from them I suppose 1 damsel cost 12 bucks those blue devil damsels

who in the right mind would buy futher more I dont think their mandarin is feeding on flakes :eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
no one ever buys fish from them I suppose 1 damsel cost 12 bucks those blue devil damsels

who in the right mind would buy futher more I dont think their mandarin is feeding on flakes :eyebrow:

Only those dunno dunno newbies hu nv join SRC will buy... :lol: Tt's y JOIN SRC HELPS YOU SAVE MONEY... :evil: :evil: :evil: Though just by looking at a few pix will make u drool and burn pockets... :lol:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Only those dunno dunno newbies hu nv join SRC will buy... :lol: Tt's y JOIN SRC HELPS YOU SAVE MONEY... :evil: :evil: :evil: Though just by looking at a few pix will make u drool and burn pockets... :lol:

hahaha I agree thats why must join hehe :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
its near to harvey norman that side....not old chang kee side.

oh hmm thats means its pretty new

novena square not velocity hmm must go there venture one day :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

i personally feel the tampines mall one has some stuff which the price are acceptable. they have some rocks with red mushrooms/yuma for $12 which i think is worth it for some pieces. galaxy corals are at $30 and they are quite hard to find in other shops/farms

i brought a used tank 3ft for a total price of 1350 with one pail of salt a venture marco skimmer which the pump is spoil and bio ball w\ring from a lfs which move already now at Q H there got carrot also from there onwards nvr buy things from them anymore lor

Hmm, even eastpoint's Pet lover's selling marine LS at a ridiculous price.

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• SRC Member
Hmm, even eastpoint's Pet lover's selling marine LS at a ridiculous price.

hmm I always felt that pet lovers centre are for rich boys anyway their outlets

mainly focus on dogs and cats only only small little section on fish food and a fair bit of pumps

so even if they sell marine hmm what can u expect from them yea

cheers :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
i brought a used tank 3ft for a total price of 1350 with one pail of salt a venture marco skimmer which the pump is spoil and bio ball w\ring from a lfs which move already now at Q H there got carrot also from there onwards nvr buy things from them anymore lor

wow, kena carrot big time man......anyway lesson learnt