I can't do rockscaping!

• SRC Member

ur rockscape is perfectly alrite..only the top part...is it secured??..

it may land on the sandbed if it is nt secured or interlock with the other LRs...

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

in ur case....it is sufficient..but of cuz...introduce abit more will be great...

try not to add new LRs when u hav ur LS in already...it will increase the nitrite and some LS will die off..

wad kind of filter are u using?..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Don't be afraid to do and redo your rockscape, especially once you get corals in and readjust your water circulation.

Try to look at diving photos of natural coralscapes, that will inspire you!

• SRC Member

I think that the rockscape is fine - like what the rest say - introduce your livestock and corals and then readjust the rockscape to achieve the correct lighting and flow.

• SRC Member

I'll start off with mine...heres a frontal shot. Considered many different ways to scape my LRs and decided on this simple slope which descends towards the left. I think it has a simple n clean look and gives me quite alot of place to put corals. Always wanted a some sort of a cave for my fishes to "retreat" into and you can see it right there near the right...maybe its not as interesting as some member's scape but it serves its purpose....

:)

post-6-1137596282.jpg

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member
hmm...is it safe to lean the rock against the side wall of the tank?

Hrmz, many reefers avocate against leaning anything on the tank walls....reducing pressure on the walls, preventing the walls from getting scratched....but i dun see any problem in using your tank wall to give your LR better support....as long as it doesnt bear its full weight on the tank wall, i think its pretty safe....i only lean my LRs on the back panel though, so i can clean the other 3 sides easier.....try leave a gap, big enough to do some work. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

you must see .. cause if u are using internal pump .. it will vibrate .. then usually if u lean the LR on the tank panel .. the vibration may cause the LR to vibrate too. and then ..maybe .. after sometime .. the move out of place and collapse ... althought leaning against the glass does give better support ..