Atlantis IMM tank maker

• SRC Member

Hi

I came across a fish tank maker in IMM atlantis that specialize in hassle free maintenance marine tank. He claims that no need skimmer,and no need to change water only need to top up water some more tap water can liao. The showroom is really nice anyway he claims his filteration system is different and immediately can have fish, LR and all at one time. I really want to know how its done any bros here have done tanks from him? Can give feedback because I am almost going to on but the cost of the tank setup is really expensive at $4800 so really need bros here to share your experience thanks

The Lord Is My Alfa & Omega

• SRC Member

used to be in marina sqaure if i am not wrong

that type of price is overkill.......

He claims that no need skimmer,and no need to change water only need to top up water some more tap water can liao

No need to change water? Why not try not to bath for one day....

top up some tap water~~~ that is a silly thing to do

Tap water without any form of treatment should not be pour into

the tank at all

• SRC Member

personnally i find it quite hard to believe that there is such a thing as hassle free maintenance marine tank...if they really have, they would be world famous by now....just imagine the US$ that they will be rolling in from the reefers at RC.....no need to entertain the Singapore market already......

• SRC Member

Take it from a old bird here. Do Not be another stupid carrot head. No offense to other people who got conned by them before.

do a search in SRC. you can find alot of interesting threads on them.

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

thanks for supporting stand n ur own.........

in here..... there r many ready to help.......

buget stuffs.....but also good deals n stuffs......... it is lik reefer taking care of

reefer......

upss for everyone for being so helpful.......

also wan to comment abt the no need maintenace thinge frm the seller.......

i can only say it is very irresponsble to say such things........coz wat we all keep are frm the ocean so we should take maximum care of them.....

they r not fishes like fresh water who ppl can breed thousands of them........

jus my comments, hehe......

• SRC Member

Can no need to change water..i have seen a setup that don change water..but still need to top up water and add additives..btw..that particular setup deploy STATE of the ART TEChnology like HnS and Deltec...and also other expensive Denitrator, CR

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

that shop setup a marine tank at this CEx office... everytime the

coral dead.. and every month add new fish and coral...

The algae keep on growing .. the whole setup only worth $100....

The GM keep on complaint about the fish tank... but becos

of this fengshui thing... he still need this fish tank to be around..

hello bro.... $4800!!!!! phew.... I paid $850 for my nanocube + set-up, corals and fishes and all the bros here Whack!!! me left, right centre for being so naive and accepting the so call maintenance free tank offer from TM fish shop. Now my advise to you is to look around and u will get far better deal. The bros here im sure can help you. Infact, I beggining to realise that there is no such thing as hassle free tank. You have to do something at least to keep your tank going. Im now beginning to to testing with all the test kit that Ive bought. It kinda fun actually. And I've learn to top up tap water only after conditioning the tap water with anti chlorine and running it at least one day. But to be honest, for the first month, I just top up my tank with purely tap water but nothing happen. But I want to be a responsible reefer, so I took all the advise Ican get here and follow them gradually. So far my nanocube is surviving after 2 1/2 mths without chiller and skimmer. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Wow! Jef, Glad to hear ur tank will soon b in its 3rd month successfully.

Yea .. I nearly wanted to believe those so called hussel free things some shops like to 'B.S.' abt. But after going thru this forum there is really no such thing.

Eh bro nemo.. i think its best that u should read up more on marine life n the ways of sustaining a marine tank. At first i also wanted to jump into this hobby, but reading up really made me feel alot more knowledgable n confident in creating a successful reef tank.

Consider carefully b4 starting anything. All the best! n Happy CNY! :)

• SRC Member

No No No No No....more than words can say :P

If I'm not wrong,the package doesn't even come with a sump,its more like a designer tank & in my eyes,these are call "irresponsible tank" rather

IMO there are no hassle free/maintainance free tank,lazy people who don't like to do maintainace better don't go into this hobby & harm our poor ocean friends :D

• SRC Member

Thanks all guess there is no such thing as maintenance free marine tanks. How come so many people still let him make tank? some more tell me his filtration system is special one . thanks and Happy CNY to everyone ......

The Lord Is My Alfa & Omega

• SRC Member

Bro;

We all here can charge u cheaper say 2800SGD for the maintenance free tank. Definitely more maintenance free compare to AL&*&*tis

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.