flame angel

Flame Angel is sensitive to fluctuations in water parameters and as such, care must be taken to ensure that your water is of good quality. It is best to start off with those hardy fishes before progressing to Flame Angel or other angel fishes.

And since we are discussing about Flame Angel, I would also want to find out whether it is okay to add a Flame Ange to a tank that has a Coral Beauty.

• SRC Member
... I would also want to find out whether it is okay to add a Flame Ange to a tank that has a Coral Beauty.

In my case, the Coral Beauty chased my newly added Flame for about a week. I put mirrors all around my tank (taught to me by Henry of ML) during this period to help distract the Coral Beauty.

Now both are friends and living happily together. :)

• SRC Member

In my case, the Coral Beauty chased my newly added Flame for about a week. I put mirrors all around my tank (taught to me by Henry of ML) during this period to help distract the Coral Beauty.

Now both are friends and living happily together. :)

arghhhhhhhh.

Henry also taught me this method, for my new tang but it was already after my poor flame angel went to fish heaven (it was still happily swimming and eating and playing hide and seek and few hours later........:cry::cry: i am still mystified by its death...)

• SRC Member

arghhhhhhhh.

Henry also taught me this method, for my new tang but it was already after my poor flame angel went to fish heaven (it was still happily swimming and eating and playing hide and seek and few hours later........:cry::cry: i am still mystified by its death...)

Sorry to hear that. If you're ready to take the risk, perhaps you can try again. Make sure you've got enough mirrors to cover your tank.

I also used the mirror method when I added my Powder Blue Tang to my existing stock of two very bold Regal Tang and Yellow Tang. The Regal Tang couldn't care less about the new PBT. It's the YT that keeps bothering the PBT. The mirrors helped to distract the YT and thus giving enough time for the PBT to get accustomed to the tank environment. But still, the PBT was so stressed that it broke out with hundreds of white spots for a couple of weeks.

Now all three Tangs are friends swimming and eating together. :)

• SRC Member

I recently used the mirror trick to add my PBT to my tank with YT, BT and KT. Distracted the YT and KT enough to let the PBT settle in. Still got a few white spot and torn fins but I kept the mirror there for a week. Now, they are OK.

post-6-1065227520.jpg

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Does the mirror trick work only on Tangs or all other fishes? It'll B a neat "decoy" 4 would be terrors in anybody's present tank. How big should the mirror B - will a small ladies compact-mirror-type do? Hung up at the side by hook etc. or held up by hand when U go "stare" at your tank?

:off: It works on Luo Han in another way right ... but I think its more 2 antagonise them & get them 2 get those bumps bulging - thats what pple say anyway. :rolleyes: Hey ... doesn't that make them more "viscious" & fierce?? Violence begets violence ...

• SRC Member

i found that the mirror trick works best on my Purple tang.. it will go ballistic at the mirrors, next is my flame hawk. the others couldn't care less...... the angels lose interest fast.

btw, chris, what do you feed your kole? tried keeping one but it just refused to eat... (nori, live brine/frozen shrimps, pellets, flake, mysis... all not interested)

i use a palm size mirror..

hi guys,

so far tank is ok, i've

rusty, coral beauty, bi-color, flame angel

juv. emperor, majestic, blue ring angel,

2 regal tang, PT, BT, YT, PBT, sailfinT,

numerous damsel, clown, cardinal, puffer, wrasse

size does matter, introduce new tankmate takes time

and effort. still remember when my 3" juv. emperor 1st

went in, most of fishes went hiding for few minutes.

anyway, never introduce very aggressive fish 1st, must

plan your species in advance. :rolleyes::P

• SRC Member
never introduce very aggressive fish 1st, must

plan your species in advance.  :rolleyes:  :P

Yeah .. but I think a lot of pple make the mistake of introducing fishes without knowing their level of aggressiveness, esp newbies. Its like introducing a mafia-boss in2 a tank full of nerds ... :D

Even then, I think each species can still B unpredictable - like every individual human, each fish has its own temperament & character. But there's no harm in taking heed of each particular species' characteristics, 2 B on the safer side.

MORAL OF THE STORY - Plan & introduce your tank mates wisely ;)

• SRC Member
I recently used the mirror trick to add my PBT to my tank with YT, BT and KT. Distracted the YT and KT enough to let the PBT settle in. Still got a few white spot and torn fins but I kept the mirror there for a week. Now, they are OK.

Your tank very colourful... :whistle:yeah::yeah: