Ian's Overgrown Nano!

iantoh

• SRC Member
hi there bro cool,

i saw you earlier today at the AA gathering at the coffee shop, but you left quite quickly. thanks for your compliments. the air bubbles exiting from the beckett do get sucked in by the return pumps, but somehow, perhaps because the tiny bubbles fuse into larger bubbles as they travel through my pipings, almost no airbubbles are discernable coming out of the two return nozzles in my display. not sure why, but its not been a problem so far.

ic..ya..today was in a rush...haha can you tell me which one r u?haha i felt weird all the other reefers all so much older..lol :lol:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

this is a piece thats meant to be green with blue polyps, but in my tank, the blue polyps only show on the areas that are closest to the light source, and they only extend fully at night, so its kinda wasted. bros who've received a frag of this from me, could you please share what they look like in your tanks? thank you.

greenacrowithbluetips19qc.jpg

and heres a lovely sky blue frag from bro tineng! i really like this piece:

bluestag12fc.jpg

• SRC Member

My pleasure to help u Ian bro :D

Me and watever my little HP cam can do is at ur service :P Wat r neighbours for rite :upsidedown:

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

Bro Ian;

So you finally converted to SPS. Congrats. Really like the simplistic two island rockscape. Look so different from the old LPS Rockscape.

Please do update on the growth of these SPS under T5s only tank. ;)

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

hi there bros cool and veliferum,

thanks, thanks for the thumbs up. my tank isnt so nice seriously la. the rocks are leeching phosphates and theres algae growth everywhere on the rocks though hardly any algae gets on the glass sides which is quite strange in my experience. im hoping the coralline algae will take over soon as i should be out of the new tank syndrome soon as this tank is now almost 5 months.

bro cool, just give me a pm about the times youd like to come by ya; if im free, it shoudnt be a problem.

• SRC Member

hi there bro nakazoru,

thanks for your kind words.

i shall try to keep this thread updated with growth pics in time to come. i shall also try to find old pics of these frags when i first got them, or try to get pics from the bros i got them from, as many of them have encrusted onto the rocks ive superglued them on, regained their colours, and grown substantially.

cheers,

ian

Wow..thought I stumbled upon the wrong post. 5 pages within a few hours. :lol: Anyway, pairing black cap should be the same with orchid dottybacks. Force pair one small one big and hope for the best. The largest one should be/become a male while the smaller should be/remain a female. Chances of obtaining a pair are higher if you force pair more individuals. Of course while doing this a tank with lots of hiding places is a must and best if both fish are introduced at the same time.

As for the algae maybe 2-3 abalones will help chomp down everything? :rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

hi there guys!

thanks for all the well wishes and compliments. im really very happy to have finally gotten my black cap too. just concerned that its not coming out in the open, though its eaten several frozen mysids.

bro fuel, are the abalones likely to knock things over? that was my concern with using them. as for pairing the black caps up, i think its a bigger risk than i am willing to take or afford, and ill be really dead happy already if my black cap gets comfortable with the present surroundings and is healthy as that was my kind of vision when i decided to tear down my gonio tank and set this one up.

bro blue carpet, i certainly use a chiller. a Resun CL-650 as my main chiller, and a six-fan set and ice-probe in the sump as back up. my old teco RA-680 with its leaking coil is out in the front of my house. :P

temp is kept between 26 and 27 degrees with an external thermostat.

bro decentkid, no problem.

bro hondaker, thanks for your kind words. actually ah, the size of my display is limited by the size of the elevated stand that rests on top of my room's table. and the sump is 4ft because i didnt want to have my equipment out in the open, so i sought to hide it all under my table, and the larger it is, i figured, the more water volume id have, and the easier itd be to run equipment in sump, like my beckett. :P

bro terryz, thanks... still one ABT left at PR earlier today ya bro.

• SRC Member

hi there giantbicycle, thanks. when yorue free we can always meet for a drink or what ya.

bro hamannbmw, did dumdum go visit you today? he said you offered to give him good stuffs leh! so we all told him to be diligent and pick up every last one, and share with us!!! :P hahaha. well, if theres anything in my tank youd like a frag of, just say ya. shall be seeing you soon right bro? :ph34r:

cheers,

ian