For sale

Zac

• SRC Member

hi i have a few of this for sale actually wanted to use it for my 6ft project but find it to troublesome to take out all the live rocks (wanted to used it on my under flow).....any wan interested? pm me if interested..

it is to redirect the flow in circular motion.. ;)

post-10-1143607632.jpg

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

hI, can pm me how much you selling this for? wat is the dmension of the inlet / outlet? I dunno if this can be fixed to my pump's outlet, so i need to know the size of the "mouth".

anyways, where can u find this product and how much is the market rate for this? versus how much u selling for?

• SRC Member

Hi Zac... I'm interested in this as well... do pm me the dimension as well ;)

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

hi thanks for the many interest and sorry for the late reply... was busy with work latlely... anyway here are some more pics.. and the diameter is 0.6 inches.. pm me if interested.. collection will be after wednesday at bukit panjang... :)

post-10-1143896501.jpg

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

hi there guys,

this is called the Hydor flo. the company that manufactures them is called Hydor. i saw them at jireh on the rare occasion that i went by there this weekend, so i bought two, and theyre truly a god-send. it creates a random and dispersed flow by spinning 360 degrees, whilst its outlet is not circular, but a curved half moon shape, so the resulting flow is spread out rather than one straight blast. think i wont need to get the maxijet wavemaker module now. pity i didnt manage to get it from bro zac though, as hes offering a great price, but guys who are keen, its really a good gadget, and my sps are showing better polyp extension from the dispersed flow.

cheers,

ian

• SRC Member
hi there guys,

this is called the Hydor flo. the company that manufactures them is called Hydor. i saw them at jireh on the rare occasion that i went by there this weekend, so i bought two, and theyre truly a god-send. it creates a random and dispersed flow by spinning 360 degrees, whilst its outlet is not circular, but a curved half moon shape, so the resulting flow is spread out rather than one straight blast. think i wont need to get the maxijet wavemaker module now. pity i didnt manage to get it from bro zac though, as hes offering a great price, but guys who are keen, its really a good gadget, and my sps are showing better polyp extension from the dispersed flow.

cheers,

ian

Bro Iantoh,

may I know what return pump that you have tested it with? I am keen but I want to know if OR3500 or OR6500 can or not?? the website did not mention leh..

thanks in advance.

• SRC Member
hi thanks for the many interest and sorry for the late reply... was busy with work latlely... anyway here are some more pics.. and the diameter is 0.6 inches.. pm me if interested.. collection will be after wednesday at bukit panjang... :)

Would really love to get this but not sure how to fit into my outlet which is 1in across :look:

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

Need morwe detail.Interested.

What is the price and what flow rate is require

Regards

Sherman

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

hi there guys,

think i will help elaborate on the hydor. it comes with four connectors, each of a different size, with the largest converting the pipe on the hydor's end to fit nicely into a pipe of 25mm, which is the size of my two return pipes. 25mm is roughly one inch, so dkk, should be no problem for your tank la. though on a side note, youre better of having one tank without the divider in the middle like you have, rather than splitting the tank but compromising its filtration. :P:P

bro wlchew and sherman, im not sure which size bro Zac's hydor flo is, but mine from the booklet inside the box, the flow rates are similar for all models. i got the medium one, as apparently, that is the most ubiquitous model. flow rate is recommended at between 400L to 1200L/HR. I have tried out the hydor on my Rio 14 and 17HF, to test run in a bucket, before making amendments to my actual display, which is now served by two Atman pumps rated at 3000L/HR taking into account the height the return pipings go through, plus comparing the flow by placing my finger in front of the outlet of both my return pumps and the Rio 14, i estimate that my returns are entering the main tank at about 1500L/HR and so far, the hydors have been working beautifully. occasionally, it will need to be detached, opened, and cleaned though, as the gears might get stuck if particles build up in it over time.

otherwise though, it has been working like a dream. im thinking it was a good thing i got these instead of plumping for a wavemaking module though, as its relatively cheaper, looks neat (its nice to watcht he thing rotate), and my sps are getting high volume but low velocity flow everywhere. id love to take a video of them in action, but have no digi cam at the moment, but if you live near me, youre welcome to pop by at night to have a look if youd like ya. id definitely recommend it though.

well, hope that helps,

cheers,

ian