My new pump

marinebetta

• SRC Member
Hey if you are not using it so soon.......can I drop by your place to collect it so as I can use it to run my tank?

Just kidding :lol:

Nice pump....can only dream but cannot afford. :P

Got 1 spare....but you have to wait in line behind Cookiemunster and Rumor... :P

Hate to say this but it's not that ex if you buy direct, and even better if you have someone hand carrying it back ;) Only problem is that the Euro is too high now! :angry:

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• SRC Member
Woah... good pump!

It'll be good to have this pump and a Iwasaki face off against each other... :)

Kidding!

Well, one thing for sure - I know who will win in the "power consumption" category! :lol:

• SRC Member
Hate to say this but it's not that ex if you buy direct, and even better if you have someone hand carrying it back ;) Only problem is that the Euro is too high now! :angry:

Shall we have a list of 'good','useful' and 'ideal' equipment list and their origin, so that we can 'cover' some of our travel cost by getting them in their origin... :eyebrow:

• SRC Supporter

Bottom of the range model: pumps out only 4,500 l/hr ;)

Very expensive "bottom of the range" product that is.... ;)

You running that for returns ???? or a beckett....

Really curious on its effect on a beckett.... :angel:

• SRC Supporter
can't wait for you to hook it up and do a review for us!

i'm looking for an external pump in a couple of months time.

Sorry to side track but you intend to redo your sump??? ;)

Marinebetta, How much does one of those cost you??

would be good to pm me the price....

• SRC Member
Sorry to side track but you intend to redo your sump???

yup in the future. really regretted not spending enuff time to think thru. due to work commitments, just spent a couple of mins with the tank maker and then viola! sump not to my liking!

i would like to use an external return pump in future (prob a couple of months later) and i think deltec is pretty energy efficient. hope pacificbetta can give us a good account of this pump.

btw, those flex hose really did the trick for now!! at least 3x diff.

• SRC Supporter

yup in the future. really regretted not spending enuff time to think thru. due to work commitments, just spent a couple of mins with the tank maker and then viola! sump not to my liking!

i would like to use an external return pump in future (prob a couple of months later) and i think deltec is pretty energy efficient. hope pacificbetta can give us a good account of this pump.

Excellent..... great to hear that...

External pumps are the way to go.....

I did consider the deltecs.... 2 concerns though...

1) very high pricing

2) issue on whether its pressure rated.....

• SRC Member

I'm interested in understanding the concept of sump system, and hence the design....saw quite a number of reefer here have their skimmer in the return compartment, after the DSB.....shouldn't the skimmer be before the DSB to be more effective...

:off::P

maybe can start a new thread on this discussion...

(can't find any old thread on this... :erm: )

• SRC Member

A few people have asked me to "review" this pump....well, can't do that till my tank if finished :D ....and that may take a while :lol:

Tought I'd share how I came to the decision to use Deltec pumps:

1) Highly energy efficient - for it's capacity, it must be one of the lowest wattage pumps around. This model uses only 60 W for 4,500L/hr!

2) Cost - sure it's more ex compared to China/Korea brands but there is peace of mind with reliability; and the energy efficiency can't be beat

3) Small footprint - this pump is really small for what it does. I can easily hold the pump up in my left hand....not too heavy either!

However, what really sold me on the pump was seeing it in action. CF uses Deltec pumps for their show tanks - go have a look:

Listen - You can't hear it running (granted there's much extraneous noise there but even with your ear up to it, you really can't hear a thing!

Touch - there's pretty much no vibration! :shock: .....and the pump just feels warm to the touch - like when you have a mild fever!

If you can't hear it, doesn't put out much heat, is energy efficient.....what else would you want in a pump! ;)

marinebetta....

please oh please oh please furnish me with the following details...

1) what amount of damage did it cost to your wallet

2) where did you get the pump and which shop did you empty your wallet to

and

3) specifications of the pump?

I'm thinking of getting another pump for my close loop system...unless the Iwaki inside the chiller has the capability of acting as a pump as well. :P

• SRC Member
marinebetta....

please oh please oh please furnish me with the following details...

1) what amount of damage did it cost to your wallet

2) where did you get the pump and which shop did you empty your wallet to

and

3) specifications of the pump?

I'm thinking of getting another pump for my close loop system...unless the Iwaki inside the chiller has the capability of acting as a pump as well. :P

OK, so many requests....I'll post here:

Pump from Germany

Cost - pretty much what you see online. I cannot give you freight etc as I had mine hand carried but I reckon VAT refund and freight cancels out.

There are many models of Deltec. Best is to see their UK website for details on specs.