Jervis' Reefing Renaissance

jervismun

As you know... "catching Sakura" is not that easy... timing can be unpredictable at times... I am hoping to catch it this year as I will be traveling to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe and Himeji... to really put my lens to the test :eyebrow:

Walking under sakura blossom holding hand with OC was unforgettable. If you are going to Osaka and like to be little bit adventurous don't forget to visit Saga Arashimaya for white water rafting in Japanese style using fiber glass boat. It was fun and bit wet ......

post-10642-1203515329.jpg

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I would really love to go to Japan some day... listening to Jap music, watching anime, movies, even Japan Hour. Its a must go for my future travel plans. :eyebrow:

Pls show us your photos of the trip when you are back! And hope you get to take some pictures of reef tanks there. I'm quite certain these crazy Japanese are extremely particular with placing their stuff. Maybe bonzai style! :yeah:

I do noticed that the photos you've taken are getting nicer and nicer. Kudos to your skills and better lens!

• SRC Member

:off: Hey bro hope u dun mind, post some of my shots there for ur reference :)

N if u r in Tokyo on a Sunday, make sure u go to Harajuku Street, lots of people n u will youngsters dress out outrageously, n also Shibuya 109 for shopping (mainly for ur OC n for u will be looking at girls only)

post-7342-1203516851.jpg

post-7342-1203516884.jpg

post-7342-1203516911.jpg

:off: Hey bro hope u dun mind, post some of my shots there for ur reference :)

N if u r in Tokyo on a Sunday, make sure u go to Harajuku Street, lots of people n u will youngsters dress out outrageously, n also Shibuya 109 for shopping (mainly for ur OC n for u will be looking at girls only)

Nice bro...i..your photo makes me feel like to gothere again :whistle

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• SRC Supporter
You mean these 2 Rhodactis? They are doing very well... this pix was taken 2 days ago... I notice the red is getting slightly more intense today... good news :)

someone else is ordering these as well.. copy cat. :pinch:

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

As you know... "catching Sakura" is not that easy... timing can be unpredictable at times... I am hoping to catch it this year as I will be traveling to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe and Himeji... to really put my lens to the test :eyebrow:

Small world jervis,

i'll also be travelling to Japan... going 1-12mar, guess i probably will not be able to catch sakura (but shopping and eating sashimi and ramen!)

Time to look for help to manage the tank and feed LS while im gone... sigh... let's hope they survive.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Small world jervis,

i'll also be travelling to Japan... going 1-12mar, guess i probably will not be able to catch sakura (but shopping and eating sashimi and ramen!)

Time to look for help to manage the tank and feed LS while im gone... sigh... let's hope they survive.

Well this is probably the best time to visit Japan... the depreciation of Yen vs. appreciation of SGD... many years of deflation in Japan vs. all time high inflation... Japan has never been more affordable :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Update on my RBTA... sitting high up by the overflow comb... can't figure out what is it up to :blink:

His response seems to convey something about your lighting in IMHO...

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

NICE TANK. I am going for a lps tank too, yours is definitely a role model lps tank. :D

nice RBTA. maybe ur RBTA is protesting.

Are your clown hosting on either one ? maybe they dun or not used to hosting in RBTA, that's what i think.

some clowns just simply don't like some anemones.and some anemone might even attack the clownfish which is not suitable for them.that's what i read.

haha. maybe ain't that cosy to them.

haha.can try adding in a red mini sofa to it. ;)

Cheers.

:D

• SRC Member

wow.. stumbled upon this thread... really nice tank u have there. like the way you did your planning and set out with objectives that u've been adhering to. really like the low carbon footprint thingy... think i'm going to think hard about my setup too after exam. also u reminded me how expensive this hobby is...

maybe the next objective you can start thinking about is reef conservation? aquaculture so that this will become a sustainable hobby and future generations will still be able to see the beauty of corals, be it in nature or in a controlled reef tank environment.

keep us updated and keep posting the v nice photos! would love to see the tank in person one day, happy reefing. =D

• SRC Supporter

Maybe u guys can check out his planted photo at -->>http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj128/jervis2020/

My little ocean
Mix Reef-Main tank 30 inches Length x 32 inches Width x 18 inches Height
2 X Skim DC return pump
Aquabee 2000 chiller feeder

Hailea 1/2 Chiller
1 X Tunze nano wavebox

2 X EcoTech Marine Vortech MP10W
Deltec skimmer - Internal
Lumenarc 400watt 12K Reeflux

8 X T5 ATI Powermodule
Prolifux control with external touchscreen display
Refugium keeping chaeto

• 4 months later...

Hi guys

I'm back!!!

So you guys been spying on me :eyebrow:

Here's how my old marine 4ft tank looks like now :pirate:

070908.jpg

I look forward to catching up with some old birds :upsidedown:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

suprise visit!!! lucky nv badmouth u here! :P

You still never change. Haha.

no more reef tank?

Yes bro... I took a break almost 1 year ago... but I got a feeling that break is nearing its end :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: