jervismun

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wont there be a line of shadow?

the MH sitting on the steel piece.

i think the steel might get really hot.

Bro the MH is being mounted at the top, not sitting on the metal frame :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

i think the best is to run the compressor solution instead of using Artica

Well that's probably an alternative too... have you experience any obvious savings? Mind sharing?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Yeah I find the right side a little high... but again I will try not to overstock the tank... gotto be true to its "sustainable" concept... and I can't possibly achieve that with a overloaded tank :)

IMO, higher on the right side meant will "encourage" fishes to swim nearer to the surface... :P ..it will maximise your tank space...

:idea: you will see a difference..

;)

Well that's probably an alternative too... have you experience any obvious savings? Mind sharing?

i save around $30 -$40 per month of electricity

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

Bro, nice scape. Always enjoy reading your thread. Yes can share if there are saving moving to the compressor type of chiller. Am currently using Resun C1000 for my 5ft and boy its drinking my electricity power like no tomorrow. :)

• SRC Member
Sorry..unable to recall as it happen during my bynosis outbreak :( ...fortunately, with chaeto and help of my YT :pirate: ..

.the PREDATOR won (those alien is gone after two~four week break only)

Bynosis on the fake rocks? :ph34r:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

nice scaping. IMO, MH would be a better deal compared to T5s in this case as ur black substrate would absorb lights instead of reflecting it back. Tot of wat u wanna keep yet?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

i save around $30 -$40 per month of electricity

That's quite a lot! Emm...

nice scaping. IMO, MH would be a better deal compared to T5s in this case as ur black substrate would absorb lights instead of reflecting it back. Tot of wat u wanna keep yet?

I might not go with MH in the end... still considering the pros and cons... and I will not be able to meet my target of halving my power consumption :unsure:

I have just reserved a piece of nice True Octo from a friend... I guess that will set my new direction :)

• SRC Member
I might not go with MH in the end... still considering the pros and cons... and I will not be able to meet my target of halving my power consumption :unsure:

I have just reserved a piece of nice True Octo from a friend... I guess that will set my new direction :)

Guess u be using T5s then.. looking at 4-6 tubes? u can use back ur ATI powermodule (i think u have it right?).. just reduce the number of tubes. that should cut down on ur carbon footprint by a lot...

Going for full euphilla family?

i have seen euphillas on the sandbed in lembeh.. in fact, all of them are anchored in the sandbed..

Maybe it's time for you to consider solaris, it should be save alot in electricity consumption.

http://www.solarisled.com/

I think electricity in Singapore is generated from gas turbine powered with natural gas (or diesel fuel if gas is not available) not coal fired steam turbine.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

Maybe it's time for you to consider solaris, it should be save alot in electricity consumption.

http://www.solarisled.com/

I think electricity in Singapore is generated from gas turbine powered with natural gas (or diesel fuel if gas is not available) not coal fired steam turbine.

Yeah I did consider the Solaris (or even the sister product Galileo)... but cost is a major factor here. Furthermore, a 4ft Solaris consumes about 400W. Still exceeded my quota.

• SRC Member
Yeah I did consider the Solaris (or even the sister product Galileo)... but cost is a major factor here. Furthermore, a 4ft Solaris consumes about 400W. Still exceeded my quota.

IMO, you may consider 150W MH which may help to reduce power consumption and "targeted" SPS at the coverage area only..

IMO, you may consider 150W MH which may help to reduce power consumption and "targeted" SPS at the coverage area only..

Yupe actually I have been considering that too... thanks bro!

Got my Arctica 1/3hp chiller serviced today... actually the distributor called me last Friday to fix this appointment... they will call every 6 months as a reminder... superb service :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Now the chiller is ready :)

070101.jpg

Guess u be using T5s then.. looking at 4-6 tubes? u can use back ur ATI powermodule (i think u have it right?).. just reduce the number of tubes. that should cut down on ur carbon footprint by a lot...

Going for full euphilla family?

i have seen euphillas on the sandbed in lembeh.. in fact, all of them are anchored in the sandbed..

Yeah most probably T5... possibly 4 tubes. I have sold my 10 tubes ATI PM to a nice Taiwanese reefer :)

Probably not full Euphyllia, but mix reef mainly LPS and softies... some sea fans too.

If u keeping LPS only i dont see why u have to run water temp below 28 though just an opinion. Lighting schedules also can be altered to a more less power consuming regime. I run only 1 blue tube after 6pm.

Yupe... I intend to keep the tank at 27ºC to 28ºC range. That will reduce the running time significantly. I can even run shorter blue period as the office will be empty after 6.00pm. Maybe just run a couple of 3W moonlight after that.

Pretty happy with the test result today...

NO2: 0ppm (Salifert)

NO3: 0.2ppm (Salifert)

But I will get a new NO3 set to test again next week as this set is nearing its expiry date. Might not be accurate anymore.

Will test for Phosphate tomorrow.

070102.jpg

• SRC Member
Yeah most probably T5... possibly 4 tubes. I have sold my 10 tubes ATI PM to a nice Taiwanese reefer :)

Probably not full Euphyllia, but mix reef mainly LPS and softies... some sea fans too.

Nice combi...sea fans don't need much lights so, the tank darker-side will be ideal for them..

Can't wait to see your tank combi result :eyebrow: ..I am trying to so something similar but lazy to carry out to rescape the whole thing.. :pinch:

• SRC Member

Why not use a 6x39w T5? I am considering this type of lighting too. Use the moonlight for dusk-dawn timing. Lesser wattage compared to a 250w mh but with the flexibility of mix matching the lightbulb.