peacemaker's office nano 2

peacemaker

• SRC Member

Sigh... plans on office shifting will take awhile, so I transferred all my stuff back into my tank. In a way, its a good thing on all this shifting as I can do some housekeeping. DIYed a platform to raise all my power plugs and switches so they will never get wet again. I took out the entire sandbed this time and decided to go bare bottom to avoid rocks turning black again. I'm having more frags than actual colonies, so my tank is literally a frag tank now. It will stay this way till things are more finalized, and I can plan for upgrades if possible. :eyebrow:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
New zoas! :paiseh:

Nice!!! Nice!!! Nice!!! :P

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Nice! Next time u can frag for me :eyebrow:

Me two!!! :lol:

-skimmer-less-

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Added a fan recently, and have set up a digital timer. It'll come on when the office AC is off (8pm to 8am on weekdays, and 24 hrs on weekends). Checked the temp on monday to be around 28oC. I've also reduced the lighting periods to further reduce heat.

post-13914-1224080770.jpg

• SRC Member

This is probably the most untidy state of my tank... chaeto in the display... make-shift frag rack on the front glass... space is a problem with nanos. I was planning to keep my chaeto in a hang-on filter behind, but I've yet to modify it as such that it'll not cause too much splash noise. This photo is screaming "Upgrade!!!"... well, yea... soon soon...

post-13914-1224081476.jpg

• SRC Member

good stuff.. :) i recently also just tidied up my tank, had lots of baskets and betta boxes, making it messy, even messier than urs haah.. good luck bro, keep us updated in ur upgrade.. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you'll have to wait till your tank is stabilized, pal! :whistle

I'll wait... Cos good stuffs must wait right? :eyebrow:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
For the time being, yes. I kept having rocks turning black at the bottom when I have a sand bed.

Good choice, I've tried both sandbed and BB before and the BB just works perfect! Minimal diatoms, tank is much cleaner, and not forgetting no sandstorms everytime you rescape. Do update again on your tank progress.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Can't agree more... I'm actually enjoying a cleaner tank bottom. ^_^

I am tempted to re-scape with new rocks... kinda limited with my existing ones and the size of my tank.

Below are some photos of a nano tank (zoas dominated) that I aspire to achieve. Taken from RC.

post-13914-1225890315.jpg

• SRC Member
This is probably the most untidy state of my tank... chaeto in the display... make-shift frag rack on the front glass... space is a problem with nanos. I was planning to keep my chaeto in a hang-on filter behind, but I've yet to modify it as such that it'll not cause too much splash noise. This photo is screaming "Upgrade!!!"... well, yea... soon soon...

bro ur hydor looks like a giant in ur tank. why not use a nano version? good choice on the profantac fan, used to have one. very powerful!

pico pico pico.

• SRC Member
bro ur hydor looks like a giant in ur tank. why not use a nano version? good choice on the profantac fan, used to have one. very powerful!

I used a nano before, but felt the flow was too small. K1 is not that great either, but useful for surface aeration.

Yeah, I really like the fan. Without A/C during weekends, water temp was at 26oC with lights on. :eyebrow: