peacemaker's office nano 2

peacemaker

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

This is actually red zoas, but they refuse to open up even after a few days... :pinch: I did a FWD yesterday for 5 mins, saw 1 or 2 worm-like creatures floating away, but I'm still seeing closed polyps today. Will continue to monitor its progress. If anyone could spot anything wrong with it from this pic, pls kindly highlight to me? Thanks in advance!

post-13914-1211385867.jpg

• SRC Member
Hey, its cool... how's your setup going on as well? Waiting for you post start your tank thread. :eyebrow:

Not too soon, there are some changes in plans at the moment. Currently I'm overseas and will be back in Aug-Sept so it'll be a few months till I start my setup again. :unsure:

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member
wun yr turbo snail knock down corals?anyway dun think it's a gd idea to put a hermit n snail together right....they are born enemies!!!

The hermits post more of a problem with rocking the corals than the snails. :pinch: As long as I provide some empty shells for the hermits there shouldn't be much of a problem. Both are still needed to keep the tank clean. ^_^

• SRC Member

Sad news... when I went back to the office today, the red zoas have... vaporized. Not a trace of it left, just bare live rock. :cry: I'm clueless of what exactly happened to them. The other zoas are doing fine, so I'm praying that they'll stay that way. If one starts to recede, something must be feeding on them, and I'll have to do an emergency evacuation.

I'll take the chance to list some other casualties: my Royal Gramma went MIA a couple of weeks back, and no body was found during the re-scape, so I guess when it was feeding upsidedown in the LFS it was an early warning sign... lesson learnt. The other was my orange yuma mushroom rock. They didn't do very well after 3 weeks in my tank and started to melt. I gave it a FWD, thinking that it could be some pest (I saw holes in it), but that didn't help. Sigh...

• SRC Member
On a brighter note, some pics of my latest collection: black face zoas with orange skirting. :eyebrow:

Ur black face will be outstanding in colors under T5 blues :eyebrow:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Yes, they are under T5s now (4 tubes, 2 white 2 blue), but low output (9 - 11W?). I'm really really tempted to just get a 2 Ft T5 HO, but my only worry is it'll be too strong and my corals will start to bleach. My tank height is 1 Ft. Any advice? :(

• SRC Member

FTS. :paiseh: Pretty much the same, except shifting the live rocks further backwards for more foreground space. The Hydor Nano have been shifted to direct its flow in front instead of the back. Gives an overall better flow in the tank.

post-13914-1211808957.jpg

• SRC Member

Bleh... just realised that you meant under T5 blues... misread. I haven't tried that, but my tubes are arranged as 2 white in the middle and 2 blue at the sides. Need to re-arrange the tubes if I wanna see the effect. Thanks for the viewing tips, Bro FT! ^_^

• SRC Member
Bleh... just realised that you meant under T5 blues... misread. I haven't tried that, but my tubes are arranged as 2 white in the middle and 2 blue at the sides. Need to re-arrange the tubes if I wanna see the effect. Thanks for the viewing tips, Bro FT! ^_^

LOL... maybe should try jus T5 blues and u will see the color effects on ur Zoas collection. Ur tank's almost packed already :lol: Ur tank is right beside ur study table ? :whistle Wonder if u can concentrate on ur books :P

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
LOL... maybe should try jus T5 blues and u will see the color effects on ur Zoas collection. Ur tank's almost packed already :lol: Ur tank is right beside ur study table ? :whistle Wonder if u can concentrate on ur books :P

Heh... always have to pry my eyes off the tank and focus on the computer screen... :pinch: Its an office nano, so I really have my bosses to thank for allowing me to keep one. One of the setbacks atm is it isn't automated enough for me to go on a long holiday. Lately, the evaporation rate was crazy, and from an average of 1 x 1.5 ltr bottle of distilled water per day, it went up to almost 2+ bottles over the weekends. The air-con goes off, so I have to rely on my fan to cool the tank. It stays between 27 to 28 deg with the air-con off (the air is reasonably cool). Still looking for an auto top off system, but on a tight budget.

One thing I know, there's always room for more zoas! :whistle

• SRC Member
Heh... always have to pry my eyes off the tank and focus on the computer screen... :pinch: Its an office nano, so I really have my bosses to thank for allowing me to keep one. One of the setbacks atm is it isn't automated enough for me to go on a long holiday. Lately, the evaporation rate was crazy, and from an average of 1 x 1.5 ltr bottle of distilled water per day, it went up to almost 2+ bottles over the weekends. The air-con goes off, so I have to rely on my fan to cool the tank. It stays between 27 to 28 deg with the air-con off (the air is reasonably cool). Still looking for an auto top off system, but on a tight budget.

One thing I know, there's always room for more zoas! :whistle

Seriously, this is the problem of not having chiller. Evaporation is like hell man...

bro, using an auto top up can only solve the current problems.....why not? get a small chiller.....since ur boss LUV and support the ideas of having a tank in the office....... :P Asked company to sponsor! few hundereds to them is a small issue..... :P

Anyway, luv that great looking ZOAsss....& mmmm.....ur RICS....SLurp! :P

• SRC Member
Seriously, this is the problem of not having chiller. Evaporation is like hell man...

bro, using an auto top up can only solve the current problems.....why not? get a small chiller.....since ur boss LUV and support the ideas of having a tank in the office....... :P Asked company to sponsor! few hundereds to them is a small issue..... :P

Anyway, luv that great looking ZOAsss....& mmmm.....ur RICS....SLurp! :P

Bro, why get a chiller when you have free air-con? :eyebrow: My temperature with the air-con on is around 24 to 25 deg C, so all I need is to cope with the time that its switched off. As long as I can keep the water levels stable it should be good. To get my co. to sponser = dan gu gu. They are kind enough to absorb the electrical bills, so I'm more than happy. :whistle

• SRC Member
Bro, why get a chiller when you have free air-con? :eyebrow: My temperature with the air-con on is around 24 to 25 deg C, so all I need is to cope with the time that its switched off. As long as I can keep the water levels stable it should be good. To get my co. to sponser = dan gu gu. They are kind enough to absorb the electrical bills, so I'm more than happy. :whistle

hahhahah! Yah lor! do u have a tank at home?

• SRC Member
hahhahah! Yah lor! do u have a tank at home?

My dad's freshwater tank only. Keeping some neon tetras, mosses and carpet grass. With the current hike in electrical bills, a marine tank at home is definitely a no no with my parents. Working hard now to earn more so that I can afford to keep a bigger tank at home, plus paying the bills. :pinch: