peacemaker's office nano 2

peacemaker

• SRC Member
My dad's freshwater tank only. Keeping some neon tetras, mosses and carpet grass. With the current hike in electrical bills, a marine tank at home is definitely a no no with my parents. Working hard now to earn more so that I can afford to keep a bigger tank at home, plus paying the bills. :pinch:

:eyebrow: since ur daddy is having a tank? Why cant his son have a tank too? :P

must be fair mah! let me talk to ur daddy :P...maybe ur daddy will get entice after he seen all your hardwork and dedication into reefing! :D

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
:eyebrow: since ur daddy is having a tank? Why cant his son have a tank too? :P

must be fair mah! let me talk to ur daddy :P...maybe ur daddy will get entice after he seen all your hardwork and dedication into reefing! :D

Hahaha... cannot compare... his tank low maintenance, and my mom has been nagging already, so you can imagine... -_-

Other than the benefits of saving on electricity bills and getting a chiller, the good thing about having an office nano is I'm able to enjoy it for most part of the day (my lights are switched on from 8am to 5pm daily), and it is a good form of stress relief from a day's hard work.

The setback is on transporting corals and doing maintenance on weekends (off working hours). Well... at least that's my promise to my boss.

I do have a buddy that I really need to thank him for. He gives me lifts to the LFS and to the office during weekends (I do not have my own transport, he rides a bike). Without him, this tank would not have been possible to setup, and the best thing is, he doesn't even have interest in reef keeping at all! I ever balanced a 2 FT tank on my lap while riding on his bike. If you're reading this, thanks buddy! :thanks:

• SRC Member
psycho ur dad to go salty also!! heheeh.. :P

I wish! But my dad hardly has any clue to even keep fresh water fish nice and healthy... <_< Kept telling me what the olden days were like, when he kept lots of guppies in large tanks made of concrete using rain water, filter-less... kampong style. The only good thing is he knows how to appreciate fish keeping hobby.

• SRC Member
I wish! But my dad hardly has any clue to even keep fresh water fish nice and healthy... <_< Kept telling me what the olden days were like, when he kept lots of guppies in large tanks made of concrete using rain water, filter-less... kampong style. The only good thing is he knows how to appreciate fish keeping hobby.

in fact, thats true... the wise had spoken!

good to see that a great buddy is helping u with all these!! :D

• SRC Member

Nothing much to update so far... just share a pic of a few days worth of skimmate. I wonder if anyone experiences this, but it seems my tank produces lots of slime. Its a must for me to change the filter wool every week or else it'll get choked. :(

post-13914-1212496152.jpg

• SRC Member

Top down pics: still trying to get a good shot of the green centered pink zoas. The bleached green ricordia is taking a loooooong time to recover... I wonder will it ever regain its previous glory. Sigh... <_<

post-13914-1212496417.jpg

• SRC Member

Top down shot of my mushies. I was surprised that the blues look completely different from the top. If you refer to page 6, its more purplish through the glass, but blue from the top. I'm loving it! :wub:

post-13914-1212496613.jpg

• SRC Member
Looking good on ur skimate..and surprised tat ur sandbed STILL THAT WHITE!!! :D

Hahaha... thanks for your compliments! :)

Very satisfied at the skimmer's performance so far. Perhaps, also one of the factors that my sand bed is kept cleaned. I think the re-positioning of the Hydor Nano and the re-scape helped in the overall flow as well. Less build up of detritus. I was thinking of converting the other, now defunct skimmer, into a denitrator. Time to put on my thinking cap! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Bro, yours is one of the nicest nano that I have seen! Keep it up!

Thank you so much for your compliments! :paiseh: Mine can't even reach the foot of your fortress... My plan is to setup a 2 Ft cube, and your tank is definitely an inspiration to follow. Lots to learn from you, bro!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bro, that is a very very nice setup. May I know where you get that tank? I was hoping to get one like yours. Thanks

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Equipment: Sump with chaeto, hydor nano wavemakers, Maxspect 60W LED, return pump Rio 12HF

Livestock: 2xMaroon Clown, Yellow Watchman Goby, Algae Blenny, six-line wrasse, Fire & Skunk Shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs.

Corals: Zoas, Rics, Hammer, Blue & Green Starpolyps.

• SRC Member
Bro, went thru your thread... you have any problem with the bubbles from your skimmer, escaping into the main tank? What did you do to prevent that? sponges?

Thank you for your compliments, Bro Terryz! :bow:

Yes, the initial startup of the skimmer did produce many micro bubbles. I attached a filter sock to the water outlet with a cable tie to minimize the amount of bubbles. I do notice that after using the skimmer for awhile, there are hardly any bubbles from the water outlet, but I kept the sock on just to reduce the splashing and noise from cascading water (office tank, so noise would be a problem).

Thank you for your compliments, Bro Terryz! :bow:

Yes, the initial startup of the skimmer did produce many micro bubbles. I attached a filter sock to the water outlet with a cable tie to minimize the amount of bubbles. I do notice that after using the skimmer for awhile, there are hardly any bubbles from the water outlet, but I kept the sock on just to reduce the splashing and noise from cascading water (office tank, so noise would be a problem).

Okay... Where you got the skimmer from? I am planning to setup a 1ft cube too.. So need to find a decent skimmer too... haha...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

PMed you on place and price. Pretty decent skimmer at a good price too!

Thanks bro... Petmart a bit far for me... Haha... Will see if i can get at any other lfs anot... Quite affordable price...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...