peacemaker's office nano 2

peacemaker

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I fixed up the 3 plug digital timer today. Lighting sequence should be as follows:

7am: Actinic ON

9am: White ON

5pm: White OFF

7pm: Actinic OFF, LED moonlight ON

2am: LED moonlight OFF

I hope its not too extensive... would like my fishes to have ample rest as well. Its more for office hours. Pls feel free to give your suggestions on the lighting timing.

• SRC Member
Bought a pair of cleaner shrimp. I'm still not sure about the difference between the brownish tint and the fair, white types. These guys are really small and cute, just like the pair I had before when I first bought them. :paiseh:

bro, how come ur nice nice zoas are all over the sand bed?? :unsure: nice coral tat u got :upsidedown:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
bro, how come ur nice nice zoas are all over the sand bed?? :unsure: nice coral tat u got :upsidedown:

Hahaha... looks like it, doesn't it? My black face orange zoas are on a very flat piece of rock. And the weirdest thing is ever since I started over (I'm using a very thin sand bed now), I get sand storm. The sand got blown over and thus covering the rock, minus the zoas. They are grown quite scattered over the rock, so it appears as if they grow on the sand. I think its the thorough cleaning of my equipment (wave makers) that put up a sand storm.

• SRC Member

If you're talking about the corals, I've shifted some of them to the sand bed. The GSP and blue polyps sit pretty snugly on the top, so they stay, with the blue mushrooms. The frogspawn slots into the hole perfectly, so no issues there. As for the rocks themselves, they are all solid. I have 2 electric blue hermits constantly testing the foundations as they bulldoze around, so no worries. -_-

I used to keep many smaller rocks to do my scaping, but I can't get them to stay without tumbling. That's why I chose bigger rocks this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Sigh... the red zoas that I bought from a LFS kinda ruined things for me. The rest of my zoas have never been the same. I just did the Lugol's dip on all my zoas today. Found some creatures amongst them... looks like a sundial snail to me. I hope they will all recover. :pinch:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I was without internet for almost 2 weeks as my modem died on me. Did a re-contract with my service provider in the recent Comex, and they delivered the modem today. I also bought a new semi-pro camera with a macro lens. Still learning how to take better shots.

Some updates: zoas...

post-13914-1220541369.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
:whistle

bro u also found this yuma.. :eyebrow::eyebrow:

i'll post some pics of mine soon also, btw, good luck on your overhaul, do keep us posted.. :)

• SRC Member
I did a major "overhaul" of my tank. Now everything is in this box. ^_^

There are some plans on shifting my office to another location, so I'll be keeping it this way for easy moving.

Lookingh forward to see ur new scape bro :eyebrow: Are u connecting ur chiller to ur temp holding plastic container? The lights might bring the temp up :unsure:

Nice collection of yumas :idea:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Lookingh forward to see ur new scape bro :eyebrow: Are u connecting ur chiller to ur temp holding plastic container? The lights might bring the temp up :unsure:

Nice collection of yumas :idea:

I don't use a chiller... just the office air-con alone can keep my tank at 26oC. I only use my desk fan during weekends, when the AC is off. ^_^