Post your Angel tanks here!

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Let's see some updates of Angels in reefers tanks. Here's mine, Goldflake & Regal. I've also got my Golden angel but can never catch it on camera properly. Still trying... Very elusive bugger. Anyway pardon my lousy photos. :rolleyes:

where did you urchase your goldflake from? very nice!

Hi Bro Garald31

Its a challenge to keep Angels in Reef tanks. Nice GoldFlake and Regal angel.

yes, it quite a hit and miss with angels in reef. But I always find there irresistable. I tried many types of angels and find most of them can be reef-safe. this is especially so if they are already feelin on pellets and your tank is decked with seasoned live rocks. You have to feed them more 'heavily' to curb their hunger from tasting your corals. However the following are exception, bicolour, elibi, poma, queen, flagfin. No matter how much you feed them, They will sample the coral in no time. I had an elibi that finish half a true frog spawn.

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
My fav fish now:

Very nice ear spot, too bad i had to sell mine due to other commitment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member
Thanks bro, sad that alot fowlr reefers giving up...

I never give up, rest for a while only

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Sonny,

you got yourself a new goldflake? nice nice. hows the AT doing? Seem doing pretty good in the pic.

got to say recent batch of AT from LCK is good. and the Black tang grown so much, and it seem getting better.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Sonny,

you got yourself a new goldflake? nice nice. hows the AT doing? Seem doing pretty good in the pic.

got to say recent batch of AT from LCK is good. and the Black tang grown so much, and it seem getting better.

Yah, Goldflake with me for 2-3months. AT just collected last week. Slight ich but feeding very well. Black Tang is growing fast. HLLE since to improve after inside new tank. Hope it will recover soon.

Some update. My new tank with some new fishes.

V nice, love the rockscape and the big angels, a tank tat i cant keep.

Some qns hope u can answer:

Has this new tank been dose w copper?

With so many boisterous fishes the scooter blenny can get enough to eat?

How come the sand does not extend to the right hand side of the tank, how u keep them at only one side?

Is there an africanus angel inside?

bro sonny, nice fishes you have there. Thanks for the reservation. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

V nice, love the rockscape and the big angels, a tank tat i cant keep.

Some qns hope u can answer:

Has this new tank been dose w copper?

With so many boisterous fishes the scooter blenny can get enough to eat?

How come the sand does not extend to the right hand side of the tank, how u keep them at only one side?

Is there an africanus angel inside?

I dosed some copper recently for the AT. Just want to play safe for the AT. Surprisingly, my crab and cleaner shrimp still survive till today. I dosed 60ML but did a water changed today since my AT is quite ok.

I been monitoring the progress of this 2 blenny and they are doing pretty well. I am feeding them cyclopeeze

Sadly, I regretted using grade 0 sand. my wavemaker too powerful. Using a 6080 and 6100,That why one side is empty.

You are right, there is a africanus. Been with me for 10 months at least.

Hope that clarify your concern.

Are you at oversea?

I dosed some copper recently for the AT. Just want to play safe for the AT. Surprisingly, my crab and cleaner shrimp still survive till today. I dosed 60ML but did a water changed today since my AT is quite ok.

I been monitoring the progress of this 2 blenny and they are doing pretty well. I am feeding them cyclopeeze

Sadly, I regretted using grade 0 sand. my wavemaker too powerful. Using a 6080 and 6100,That why one side is empty.

You are right, there is a africanus. Been with me for 10 months at least.

Hope that clarify your concern.

Are you at oversea?

Nope push further, leaving late Nov.

I realise there are two difficult fishes in the tank also: Multibar Angel and Splendid wrasse, how are they doing?

The sand are for the wrasses? U can mix in coarser sand to stable the bed and make it thicker since leopard like thick sandbed.

The goldflake and Burgess are stunners of the tank. Too bad the AT's teardrop too small if not will be v nice.

Haha i feel u can remove the personifer and scribbled and queen and blue tang and replace them by a conspic.

Nope push further, leaving late Nov.

I realise there are two difficult fishes in the tank also: Multibar Angel and Splendid wrasse, how are they doing?

The sand are for the wrasses? U can mix in coarser sand to stable the bed and make it thicker since leopard like thick sandbed.

The goldflake and Burgess are stunners of the tank. Too bad the AT's teardrop too small if not will be v nice.

Haha i feel u can remove the personifer and scribbled and queen and blue tang and replace them by a conspic.

Well, Multibar probably won't make it. Stopped eating for the last 2 days. Was feeding when introduced but somehow mood swing. Even though no other fish harass it. Splendid doing pretty well. Only appear after the 10 days. Feeding on Mysis.

Unlike to add anymore sand at the moment. The sand is to cover the brace of the tank. Thanks for the advise.

I bought 2 Burgess unfortunately 1 recently died due to bloated stomach. As for the conspic, no budget for this fish. How is your conspic doing. Is it eating?

Well, Multibar probably won't make it. Stopped eating for the last 2 days. Was feeding when introduced but somehow mood swing. Even though no other fish harass it. Splendid doing pretty well. Only appear after the 10 days. Feeding on Mysis.

Unlike to add anymore sand at the moment. The sand is to cover the brace of the tank. Thanks for the advise.

I bought 2 Burgess unfortunately 1 recently died due to bloated stomach. As for the conspic, no budget for this fish. How is your conspic doing. Is it eating?

Feeding quite well, in fact the fish is already feeding on pellets at LCK before i got it, but reach home dun take pellets or flakes anymore, only eat mysis. Heard some stories of large conspic suddenly stop feeding and perish so hope the fish can stay hungry.