Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member

Do pass my number to your folks at home so that in the event they suspect something is wrong with your tank, I'll be there in a jiffy to clear the corals for you. Wrasses can go to dachkie. :eyebrow:

Have a safe trip and do post pics of your adventure when you're back! Slum dog! ^_^

My friend is quite a sissy and can't take spicy food, but he survived a month in India. I'm sure you will survive your stay and come back with valuable lessons :)

sounds like me.. super scared of India.

hehe... but luckily I have had to travel to just about anywhere in the world for my work except India and long may that continue.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer
Do pass my number to your folks at home so that in the event they suspect something is wrong with your tank, I'll be there in a jiffy to clear the corals for you. Wrasses can go to dachkie. :eyebrow:

Have a safe trip and do post pics of your adventure when you're back! Slum dog! ^_^

dont worry i preserved my fishes in vinegar so that they will be around when i get back. they wont die right? :unsure:

• SRC Member

sis remember dont drop the soap inside the toilet while bathing in the common area...

just pass your SRC friends list 1 pirioty to call follow by 2nd in case cannto get 1st and so on .... =p

jiayou for your trip and fast come back (wait become char tar sis liao)

• Senior Reefer
sis remember dont drop the soap inside the toilet while bathing in the common area...

just pass your SRC friends list 1 pirioty to call follow by 2nd in case cannto get 1st and so on .... =p

jiayou for your trip and fast come back (wait become char tar sis liao)

lol don't miss me bro onizuka. 3 weeks without sis lemon sure cannot tahan. no more sis lemon on patrol liao you all better dun anyhow haha.

• Senior Reefer

JUST LANDED MY HANDS ON 4 FRAGS OF THESE! ULTRA RARE favia pentagona colour morph

this is a tri coloured variant comprising of purple, lilac and green.

THE MOTHER COLONY IS IN MY FRIEND'S TANK! "que drama music"

post-15755-1268068038_thumb.jpg

JUST LANDED MY HANDS ON 4 FRAGS OF THESE! ULTRA RARE favia pentagona colour morph

this is a tri coloured variant comprising of purple, lilac and green.

THE MOTHER COLONY IS IN MY FRIEND'S TANK! "que drama music"

this is nice!!

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• Senior Reefer
was wondering whether this could be grafted into the "War" coral ? :eyeblur:

hey maybe can. war coral and this 1 are both F. pentagona. wanna try? since we both have them kekeke. :o

• SRC Supporter
hey maybe can. war coral and this 1 are both F. pentagona. wanna try? since we both have them kekeke. :o

Yes. been "seeing" quite a number of exotic- coloured stuff being formed from this method. SPS, zoas etc.

• Senior Reefer
Yes. been "seeing" quite a number of exotic- coloured stuff being formed from this method. SPS, zoas etc.

i believe its possible leh!

the Montipora cap. has been successfully grafted with the green and orange var. so have nuclear green and purple death palythoa. i believe favias can be done the same especially with f. speciosa and f.pentagona. but the only downfall IMO is the ridiculously slow growth and rate of encrustation (if there's such a word)

• SRC Supporter
i believe its possible leh!

the Montipora cap. has been successfully grafted with the green and orange var. so have nuclear green and purple death palythoa. i believe favias can be done the same especially with f. speciosa and f.pentagona. but the only downfall IMO is the ridiculously slow growth and rate of encrustation (if there's such a word)

I reckoned 3 weeks in India as enough time for some proper "encrustation" :eyebrow: so what are you waiting for? :rolleyes:

• Senior Reefer
I reckoned 3 weeks in India as enough time for some proper "encrustation" :eyebrow: so what are you waiting for? :rolleyes:

not enough leh. i fragged my favia before and it took about 2-3 weeks for the flesh to grow over the sides that were fragged. encrustation has been minimal to almost none, in a span of 4-5 months. extremely slow :(

Other then taking bottled water, try or not to consume salads or any raw vegetables as they are normally washed in tap water which is unclean.

Another tip is that if child beggers approach you for cash, best not to give even they are pitiful, the trick they do is when give to one the the rest will flock toyou can you're stuck!

Buying items from india you can bargain! don't have to give in to their price! take care and safe flight.

Missed out on the elegance! nice specimen!

• Senior Reefer

got myself a Calloplesiops altivelis from CF today. after months of passive searching, finally found a 2 inch marine betta! its very small, only 2 inches, and still have some juvenile traits left. its quite unusual to find them in these sizes and my search finally paid off.

i forgot to take a photo before introducing to my tank. its acclimating now and very shy so no photos. but a representative one from the internet. this one is still quite big.

i know i shouldnt be buying more lifestock before i leave, but i just couldnt help it.

post-15755-1268143792_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Eh, bro... buying so many new stuff before your trip? A bit risky when you're not around to monitor their progress and adaptability to your tank.

yep. fully understand the risks involved. the more recent purchases are from reefers and they keep for many years already. so in terms of stability and adaptability, very well. as for my tank, well, so far so good, feeding and no aggression with my fishes.

the only risk taken is the betta which i will have slightly more than a week to take close attention. by nature, they are extremely hardy, even hardier than damsels. the only problem is the initial shyness expressed by these fish. so hopefully, 1 week is enough more or less.

but i have taken some precautions. i sold my anthias and my harem of flasher wrasses. will reduce the more common ones before i leave.

got myself a Calloplesiops altivelis from CF today. after months of passive searching, finally found a 2 inch marine betta! its very small, only 2 inches, and still have some juvenile traits left. its quite unusual to find them in these sizes and my search finally paid off.

i forgot to take a photo before introducing to my tank. its acclimating now and very shy so no photos. but a representative one from the internet. this one is still quite big.

i know i shouldnt be buying more lifestock before i leave, but i just couldnt help it.

Aren;t u afraid it'll eat your gobies as it grow bigger? I tot u'll be getting a declives butterfly?

• Senior Reefer
Aren;t u afraid it'll eat your gobies as it grow bigger? I tot u'll be getting a declives butterfly?

nah. not afraid. the only gobies i have are 2 clown gobies :) they hang around the top part of my tank on the capnella. too bright and high for the comet for now. hopefully it doesn't eat the gobies lah... but no guarantee. maybe 1 day :( they grow slowly right? i hope.

yes i wanted to get the declives at CF. but only when i get back from my trip. went there today, the old 1 at CF was sold, and the latest 1 was unhealthy and died. so no declives at the moment for me. i'm eyeing contrail's mitratus. but again, even if, only when i get back. $300+++ too expensive to risk.

when i get back. declives or mitratus will be a must for me. always like the deepwater tinkerii complex but never had the guts to keep them. nowadays i'm not so particular about reefsafeness, plus most of the softies i keep are quite noxious. so i guess it will be okay

nah. not afraid. the only gobies i have are 2 clown gobies :) they hang around the top part of my tank on the capnella. too bright and high for the comet for now. hopefully it doesn't eat the gobies lah... but no guarantee. maybe 1 day :( they grow slowly right? i hope.

yes i wanted to get the declives at CF. but only when i get back from my trip. went there today, the old 1 at CF was sold, and the latest 1 was unhealthy and died. so no declives at the moment for me. i'm eyeing contrail's mitratus. but again, even if, only when i get back. $300+++ too expensive to risk.

when i get back. declives or mitratus will be a must for me. always like the deepwater tinkerii complex but never had the guts to keep them. nowadays i'm not so particular about reefsafeness, plus most of the softies i keep are quite noxious. so i guess it will be okay

Raops butterflies are one of my favourites, second only to the prognathodes. I've kept declives and tinkers b4. Both are equally beautiful although Tinker almost double declives in price! They're boisterous, hardy and v greedy. Do watch out on high temp though, my tinker showed increase breathing when temp exceed 28 degree. Mitratus is beautiful too and i remember the days when they cost around 100, now they cost around 200 i think. Almost double in price!