how to spot a dying/unhealthy anemone???

woecc

• SRC Member

If the anemone is constantly shrunken/withdrawn and refuse to attach, then it can be considered very unhealthy and should be avoided.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

same problem I have.....try feeding it with Marine Snow or other supplement....I have one Haitian and it been almost a month since I saw it swallowing a whole dried prawn! :erm:

• SRC Member
thanks for the advice.

i have one white anemone, with purple tip. it did not eat for two weeks now, since i got it.

saw some sticky things comming off. not sure is it ok.

the thing is it don't eat. please advice. thanks.

had this twice b4, some problem and slowly died. Luckily small one so never pollut my tank... :(

any advice? will try again :whistle

• SRC Member

eh..those white ones with purple tips are bleach specimens!! i had a brown one with pink tips. As i didn't have proper lightings when i upgraded my tank, the brown anemone bleached to a complete white with nice purple tips, exactly like those sold in LFS! During then, it did not do well and won't eat anything. i resintalled my MH and it took 2 mths to regain it brown body and pink tips..now it is a very hungry anemone and it grabs its food fast!

I'm not sure in nature if there are white anemones but i'm quite sure some LFS bleach the brown specimens to give you the clean white ones with coloured tips. Such specimens are highly unhealthy and would not survive long. feeding alone would not bring regain its health. Put it under intense light for a month or 2 and it might recover..

anemones are easy to rear and they are very hardy to water conditions!!

I had a small green carpet which now becomes a HUGE green food trap and it survived some impossible-to-survive tank crashes. I have it for almost 2 yrs! the pink tip one has also grown in size by 2 times and i had it for almost 1 yr..survive tank upgrade and no light for 2 mths!

what????! the white one is not heathy????? i got this white one from Sea Life. the anemone did not eat anything for two weeks now.

they actually recommand the white one as the healthy one.

don't know if it's my tank or the anemone is already unhealthy when i get it.

now the anemone looks quite ugly, alway have brown thing from the month and appear shrunken.

so sad. if it die, my tank will go, cos it's a small tank.

my green bubble tip recently lost all its tenticles. now like botak

how come? but still attaching and moving around in the tank

should i remove it? cannot feed; as it has no tenticles to capture

the prawn. Siao liao

in between; i also have one white with purple tip; seems to be doing

quite well, feeding weekly with prawn. 5month old.

• SRC Member

hey, anemone are sure hard to keep. :)

as a owner of 5 anemone, IMO not all anemone stick. :)

i kept 1 particular kind, that has a red base. if i m not wrong, shld be sand shifting kind... it wun stick. Always moving abt the sand.. :)

juz gif if good lights, food...feed it wif marine delux.. its good 4 them.. haha