comy's newbie tank

comycus

Bonus come, bonus go... Made some mini upgrades to my equipment. Just a teaser for tonight... too tired to take anymore pics.

post-16489-1260892257_thumb.jpg

Any guesses?

wah... tunze wavebox?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
wah... tunze wavebox?

heh includes some extra also! I've dropped more hints :)

Hohoho... looks like Christmas came early for you? :eyebrow:

yeah... christmas out of my own pocket... so sad right? Think more like my xmas presents to my fishes and corals... lol

• SRC Member
Gave up vortech for tunze mania?

Actually if you scrup yr tank walls...you create wave already, save you a lot of money...lol...its true!

Govmen employees so fast credit bonus liao...shiok sia...you already boost the ekonomee.

yeah... This current setup is way better than Vortech actually. Guess I'm a Tunze convert :P

Have been toying ard with the idea for sometime now, thank goodness I managed to sell the Vortech or I wouldn't know how to fund these new toys. Will post more pics tonight, still have a new upgrade tt I have been eyeing for a veeeery long time and am v. happy with the purchase :)

Haha!xmas is season of giving ma~humans and fishes alike!Besides it makes you happy to see your fishes happy! :lol:

yeah! But I think better put the nano wavebox on timer. My clownfish having difficulty sleeping... prob had a sleepless night yesterday! :huh:

Btw thx to Lawrence for helping me tune up the wavebox! The waves hitting 2" when I checked this morning! Dunno if it's too strong though... will monitor and play more tonight...

wah... tunze wavebox?

SWEET!

that's a BIG toy! :D

okie... my gf's current fav coral. Bought from RD recently.

post-16489-1260192313_thumb.jpg

My coral stocking will prob be following this trend in future as my gf wants it to be more 'natural' not like tt "ugly looking thing". (my gf's term for my favourite brain corals... :( )

And about girls, it's natural lah. Just let her call what she wants and best of all, buy something she wants and she should be keeping quiet about any future corals you be buying for a long time to come! teehee (:

and also most importantly, ask her to give your corals name. My gf calls my ex-zoas "feathery flowers!" and my tubeworm "Wormy!" hahaha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

6315 wave box?

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
SWEET!

that's a BIG toy! :D

6315 wave box?

lol nano nano la... 6206.

My wallet has too much space, and tank not so much space to get the bigger brother.

Btw, anyone knows what the controller 6091 can do? It has master and slave ports which can control up to 2 waveboxes simultaneously. Just wondering, can it control a 6055? :eyebrow: Also wanna ask how high/vigourous should my waves be? Currently it's hitting ~2" from peak to trough.

• SRC Member

Some pics of my new toys...

Tunze Nano Wavebox. I tuned it down to 1" wave for the time being. Gonio doesn't seem to like the strong wave, will try to let it acclimatize before going back to 2" waves.

post-16489-1260975337_thumb.jpg

Tunze nano stream 6025. Decided to get this small, efficient and relatively cheap pump to circulate water as the wavebox doesn't really help much. It only creates oscillating waves.

post-16489-1260975392_thumb.jpg

Overall, I like this setup more than my Vortech MP20. More flow, nicer waves, and think the rest of the corals love it.

• SRC Member
Added some LED supplement to get the royal blue effect! Still can't go full LED yet as my budget doesn't allow me to be that spendthrift, but nevertheless nothing's gonna stop me from getting the crazy luminous effect! :)

post-16489-1260976100_thumb.jpg

time to see some FTS with the LED lights!! lol..

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

Long overdue: my updated scape... Tank's still pretty bare after selling some of my corals as they weren't in line with my gf's requirements and lost a few to stress after the rescape

post-16489-1260976340_thumb.jpg

As you can see, lots of swimming space on the RHS to cater to future fishes. As usual, will only reveal the 'best' side, the other 2 views are really still crappy <_<

• SRC Member
Long overdue: my updated scape... Tank's still pretty bare after selling some of my corals as they weren't in line with my gf's requirements and lost a few to stress after the rescape

As you can see, lots of swimming space on the RHS to cater to future fishes. As usual, will only reveal the 'best' side, the other 2 views are really still crappy <_<

wha.... finally... lol...

so i see ur gf requirements are those that can sway??

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Some pics of my new toys...

Tunze Nano Wavebox. I tuned it down to 1" wave for the time being. Gonio doesn't seem to like the strong wave, will try to let it acclimatize before going back to 2" waves.

post-16489-1260975337_thumb.jpg

Tunze nano stream 6025. Decided to get this small, efficient and relatively cheap pump to circulate water as the wavebox doesn't really help much. It only creates oscillating waves.

post-16489-1260975392_thumb.jpg

Overall, I like this setup more than my Vortech MP20. More flow, nicer waves, and think the rest of the corals love it.

hmm I so "zun" ... really wavebox arh....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

finally another FTS.

your elegance still going strong.

• SRC Member
hmm I so "zun" ... really wavebox arh....

lol tt box size, quite easy to guess I suppose.

finally another FTS.

your elegance still going strong.

hahaa need more skill and $ before I get a worthy FTS... hmm Elegance is doing ok, but not as big as before, will have to look for silverfish soon I guess.

• SRC Member
wha.... finally... lol...

so i see ur gf requirements are those that can sway??

Haha yeah, corals that look alive.. With the wavebox, they look even nicer now :)

Lots of parking space......

Maybe it's the new space, but my exquisite keeps flashing and swimming in the open. Same as my male lyretail. Think the 2 of them competing for bragging rights.

• SRC Member
woot! finally a FTS!The rock at the bottom left is really nice!

Yup, I love tt rock. Too bad my tank's small, it actually looks better at other angles, but can't fit into my tank :(

Anyway... I would like to introduce everyone to the newest star in my tank. My mom loves it, my gf adores it, and I think the other fishes are getting abit jealous of all the attn it's getting. a sneak preview...

post-16489-1261237571_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
Just wondering...thot the butterfly will nip at the corals?

I believe they are relatively reef safe. They will wipe out any feather dusters, tube worms within the tank. Luckily I don't have these. And it's also currently already feeding on frozen. Chomped down on mysis immediately after adding it into the tank. Whether it nips my zoas and other corals, really have to cross my fingers. Hopefully it doesn't take to doing it. It has already taken to wiping out the only aiptasia I have in my tank. I don't see it anymore! Not sure if the copperband ate it, but I did see it swimming ard the area for some time earlier this afternoon :)

• SRC Member

More pictures of this beauty exploring my tank. The colours are really amazing. Prob not as deep as it's companion, but I couldn't take tt one coz SOMEONE kiasu reserved it the moment it came in... :angry2: (haha btw it's feeding already, waiting for you to collect. Fairly aggressive fella, was chasing my copperband ard the tank...)

post-16489-1261238882_thumb.jpg

post-16489-1261238920_thumb.jpg