peacemaker's Office Nano 3

peacemaker

• SRC Member

Some updates on my cheato growth with the JBJ Nano-Glo LEDs. I usually keep enough for it to tumble in my fuge area, but I forgot to harvest. It grew so much that it filled up the compartment, stopping it from tumbling with the water flow, and thus causing 4 "burnt" marks on the cheato from the LEDs. :heh:

post-13914-12747075123771_thumb.jpg

post-13914-12747075301143_thumb.jpg

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer

Some updates on my cheato growth with the JBJ Nano-Glo LEDs. I usually keep enough for it to tumble in my fuge area, but I forgot to harvest. It grew so much that it filled up the compartment, stopping it from tumbling with the water flow, and thus causing 4 "burnt" marks on the cheato from the LEDs. :heh:

LOL!! cute!! btw how fast do these things grow!?

• SRC Member

Hahaha... that's freaking nuts! It would have been more efficient using a coping saw in your case. :rolleyes:

Haha didn't see your reply, was about to edit my post. The acrylic thickness was 8mm, not 8 metres! LOL...

Your chaeto growth is impressive, that's the difference between my 1.2W LED and your 4W LED haha. Mine only grew 30% after a month.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Check out my ghetto holding tank! Still trying to fix the problems that caused my rics to melt, but couldn't resist the recent Iwarna shipment, so decided to set up a holding tank. Bought a small plastic breeder tank (I was looking high and low for a nice acrylic box, ie. MUJI style, but couldn't find one, so had to make do), a HOB filter (the smallest I could find), some filter wool for mechanical filtration, biohomme from my tank, and Ice-Probe for cooling when the AC is off. I've placed it just beside the main tank to share the lights, yet its not too strong. Using NSW from Iwarna. So far, the rics are doing fine and expanding.

post-13914-12747080224564_thumb.jpg

post-13914-12747080361391_thumb.jpg

post-13914-1274708048767_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

LOL!! cute!! btw how fast do these things grow!?

Haha... I think its pretty good growth, but I don't have a good grasp of the growth rate. Right now after harvesting, it approx. fills 3/4s of a small scoop bucket (the type that some folks use to gurgle after brushing their teeth), so I'll check after a week or 2. Just shaved my glass too, so should be pretty good light penetration. :P

• SRC Member

Haha didn't see your reply, was about to edit my post. The acrylic thickness was 8mm, not 8 metres! LOL...

Your chaeto growth is impressive, that's the difference between my 1.2W LED and your 4W LED haha. Mine only grew 30% after a month.

Hahaha... I already assumed its 8mm, but still, its very thick to cut using the acrylic cutter! You must be good at digging trenches... hehehe...

Time to switch LEDs, bro! As long as you can achieve 6500K spectrum, it should be easy to grow. I'm still trying to find time to build an ATS using the nano-glo.

• SRC Member

Check out my ghetto holding tank! Still trying to fix the problems that caused my rics to melt, but couldn't resist the recent Iwarna shipment, so decided to set up a holding tank. Bought a small plastic breeder tank (I was looking high and low for a nice acrylic box, ie. MUJI style, but couldn't find one, so had to make do), a HOB filter (the smallest I could find), some filter wool for mechanical filtration, biohomme from my tank, and Ice-Probe for cooling when the AC is off. I've placed it just beside the main tank to share the lights, yet its not too strong. Using NSW from Iwarna. So far, the rics are doing fine and expanding.

hmm..looks interesting.

Too many hobby......too little money!

• SRC Member

Saw this Helfrich at Reborn today. I've always been resistant in getting one due to the price, but couldn't resist it when I saw this beauty. Sigh... the heart is willing, but the flesh is weak... -_-

post-13914-12750459900681_thumb.jpg

Saw this Helfrich at Reborn today. I've always been resistant in getting one due to the price, but couldn't resist it when I saw this beauty. Sigh... the heart is willing, but the flesh is weak... -_-

Welcome to the Helfrichi club. Nice catch. I have no regrets getting mine!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Shall I say I like them thick and bushy...? :eyebrow:

the chaetos from japan? is it ok to hand carry through customs?

never thought bout this fish till date as i do not have a cover.

go home one day to see it kissing the ground will probably make my heart will stop.

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• SRC Member

Very nice specimen... not jumpy at all. Started feeding on pellets already. I'm a bit concerned of my purple firefish, so that's why the Helfrichi is in the betta box. So far, haven't witnessed any aggression from it yet, so keeping my fingers crossed. ^_^

• SRC Member

the chaetos from japan? is it ok to hand carry through customs?

never thought bout this fish till date as i do not have a cover.

go home one day to see it kissing the ground will probably make my heart will stop.

Haha... chaetos from local reefers, so no idea where they are from!

Yes, it is indeed risky without some form of cover. Still thinking what I should use...

• SRC Member

Nice catch....:)

Maybe i should get 1 too.

nice catch ... wan to get one too but pocket not deep enough keke ...

Thanks guys! I felt the same way too, but as you venture deeper into this hobby, you will find ways and means to justify for the costs... :lol:

Very nice specimen... not jumpy at all. Started feeding on pellets already. I'm a bit concerned of my purple firefish, so that's why the Helfrichi is in the betta box. So far, haven't witnessed any aggression from it yet, so keeping my fingers crossed. ^_^

oops... wow you have a purple firefish ??

wow - good luck bro and keep us posted if they can get along.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Nice catch....:)

Maybe i should get 1 too.

nice catch ... wan to get one too but pocket not deep enough keke ...

superman.gif Go get one!!! A very nice fish. make sure you get a healthy feeding specimen.

haha my tank got 2 orange fire fish already fight like nobody biz liau keke ... so do not think will add in soon le unless catch out the 2 fire fish then only plan to add either purple firefish or exp purple firefish keke ...

• SRC Member

oops... wow you have a purple firefish ??

wow - good luck bro and keep us posted if they can get along.

Yea, definitely switching places (betta box) with the purple firefish. Let my Helfrichi establish his territory before releasing it again.