Anyone going to iwarna today/tomorrow

• SRC Member

Hey anyone staying around bukit panjang/upper bukit timah going iwarna today/tomorrow? Yong hua just called me and my tank is going to be delivered on monday. Need to rush and get equipment!

I can travel to your place to meet you and drop off at your place again.

I'm still a student(can't drive!) so it's really out of the way to go to iwarna and i don't think any other place carries the skimmer i'm looking for(reef octopus BH series). Really appreciate anyone who can help me out :)

Can sms me at 97559359

Hey anyone staying around bukit panjang/upper bukit timah going iwarna today/tomorrow? Yong hua just called me and my tank is going to be delivered on monday. Need to rush and get equipment!

I can travel to your place to meet you and drop off at your place again.

I'm still a student(can't drive!) so it's really out of the way to go to iwarna and i don't think any other place carries the skimmer i'm looking for(reef octopus BH series). Really appreciate anyone who can help me out :)

Can sms me at 97559359

Take cab if you can't drive :whistle !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Take cab if you can't drive :whistle !

Bro James, try to be kind to a student. People like you drive and stay in good house yet also want to save petrol by asking update. So I dun see any harm to ask for a hike.

Bro, I know Reborn is also selling Octopus skimmer but not sure do they carry the model you have. In addition, the skimmer can come a bit later cos you need to cycle your tank.

Bro James, try to be kind to a student. People like you drive and stay in good house yet also want to save petrol by asking update. So I dun see any harm to ask for a hike.

Bro, I know Reborn is also selling Octopus skimmer but not sure do they carry the model you have. In addition, the skimmer can come a bit later cos you need to cycle your tank.

Hi bro orsony,

Asking update and ask ppls to lobang to LFS is totally different issue hor :whistle ! I alway see ppls like to use "STUDENT" to ask for free stuff, free lobang, free....so I want to tell them that there is alway an alternative way called as pay service which he has to decide the importancy.

Reefing is not cheap and travelling around LFS to source for corals, fishes beside equipment is also part of the reefing unless you dun chiong LFS lo :angel: but I doubt you will stop chionging even those your tank is out of space :evil: !

Now is just the begining and not the ending so....long way and $$$$ spending for him....:lol: !

btw, I have no bad intention so dun flame me horrrrrrr :lol: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

I think its not a matter of whether he is a student or not.

Razornova is simply asking if anyone can gives him a lift to iwarna if they happen to be going.

there are people who may be willing and there are people who might find that cumbersome.

If you are not able to give him a lift, maybe just ignore his post.

I do not see any need to tell him anything otherwise.

Kudos to Orsony and Thomas for providing alternative solutions.

cheers

Jacky

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Maybe there are alot of ppl out there using 'student' to get better lobangs, tompangs... but I have to agree, purchasing power of students and working adults is quite different. (Unless student got private atm funded by parents) Maybe some might have forgotten how 'poor' students are after leaving sch for sometime? :whistle dun flame me!

Reefing may be an expensive hobby, but if tompang doesn't inconvenient the driver, then I don't see why cannot tompang ma... worse come to worse, can always make the trip down to pasir ris and just tompang a ride in lor!

• SRC Member
Maybe there are alot of ppl out there using 'student' to get better lobangs, tompangs... but I have to agree, purchasing power of students and working adults is quite different. (Unless student got private atm funded by parents) Maybe some might have forgotten how 'poor' students are after leaving sch for sometime? :whistle dun flame me!

Reefing may be an expensive hobby, but if tompang doesn't inconvenient the driver, then I don't see why cannot tompang ma... worse come to worse, can always make the trip down to pasir ris and just tompang a ride in lor!

next time u tompang me can. i poor student too. as long having educaton is consder student rite... :eyebrow:

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Hi bro orsony,

Asking update and ask ppls to lobang to LFS is totally different issue hor :whistle ! I alway see ppls like to use "STUDENT" to ask for free stuff, free lobang, free....so I want to tell them that there is alway an alternative way called as pay service which he has to decide the importancy.

Reefing is not cheap and travelling around LFS to source for corals, fishes beside equipment is also part of the reefing unless you dun chiong LFS lo :angel: but I doubt you will stop chionging even those your tank is out of space :evil: !

Now is just the begining and not the ending so....long way and $$$$ spending for him....:lol: !

btw, I have no bad intention so dun flame me horrrrrrr :lol: !

I am not out to flame anybody but hope we can have a pool of good reefers that can support each other in this hobby. I fully agreed with Bro Jack's statement. Try to be constructive and encouraging. So that everyone of us can enjoy this hobby. I trust that you have contributed in some area in reefing too.

Let give the benefit of doubt to some student. Wouldn't it be good that there learn to take up some responsibilities at their young age. Life as a student is so stressful probably this hobby can help them to release their stress.

No doubt marine can be expensive but it can be a cheap hobby too. At the end of the day, it really matter what you want. Travelling around to source is also part of the beauty in marine because you get to know people too.

A helping hand is come from the heart so do things within ur means not to the extend to see weather it a student or not.

trying to get free things also the same i'm not a student u see i also got a free skimmer from orsony i still can come out with a burget to buy but it for QT so orsony give me his as his not using in terms i also feel grateful of him. kudos to Orsony

and a ride to some place which u feel u can help why not but not to the extend by his command lar suit to urself that's all. why have to add huss words or remarks.

indeed we did see some reefer here using student as an excuss to get free things and made profit out of it. so do judge urself and see how things go.

If i'm free i also don't mind longbang friends to see fishes outing but to my convinece

• SRC Member
A helping hand is come from the heart so do things within ur means not to the extend to see weather it a student or not.

trying to get free things also the same i'm not a student u see i also got a free skimmer from orsony i still can come out with a burget to buy but it for QT so orsony give me his as his not using in terms i also feel grateful of him. kudos to Orsony

and a ride to some place which u feel u can help why not but not to the extend by his command lar suit to urself that's all. why have to add huss words or remarks.

indeed we did see some reefer here using student as an excuss to get free things and made profit out of it. so do judge urself and see how things go.

If i'm free i also don't mind longbang friends to see fishes outing but to my convinece

very well said... at the end of the day, there will always be bad eggs in the community to take advantage of their own situation such as being a "student"... However, there's always people around whom are nice and would generally love to share experience and frags with fellow hobbists...

We are after all regarded as being in one reefing community, why dun we try to live like one? This being said, its up to each individual to decide if they would want to enjoy this hobby with everyone or would they prefer to take advantage of situations..

Happy Reefing! :peace:

Ray

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

very well said... at the end of the day, there will always be bad eggs in the community to take advantage of their own situation such as being a "student"... However, there's always people around whom are nice and would generally love to share experience and frags with fellow hobbists...

We are after all regarded as being in one reefing community, why dun we try to live like one? This being said, its up to each individual to decide if they would want to enjoy this hobby with everyone or would they prefer to take advantage of situations..

Happy Reefing! :peace:

Ray

Agreed. We are here to build each other and not to tear each other. This of course apply to all the good reefers only.

Bro James, dun take it so hard. Happy Reefing.

Bro Steven, You need to thank Bro Joe for the free skimmer, he was the one who gave it to me. Hope to meet you to discuss with your new project.

I am a poor reefer but not a student. Several times, I took bus and alighted at the bus stop outside on the main road and walked into fish farm. It's a long walk and especially hot since there is no shelter. But the reward is the enjoyment of visiting LFS. I carry a back pack or bring a trolley just in case I see something I like and want to bring back. It is good exercise also. :upsidedown:

• SRC Member
I am a poor reefer but not a student. Several times, I took bus and alighted at the bus stop outside on the main road and walked into fish farm. It's a long walk and especially hot since there is no shelter. But the reward is the enjoyment of visiting LFS. I carry a back pack or bring a trolley just in case I see something I like and want to bring back. It is good exercise also. :upsidedown:

Give the man a tiger

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Agreed. We are here to build each other and not to tear each other. This of course apply to all the good reefers only.

Bro James, dun take it so hard. Happy Reefing.

Bro Steven, You need to thank Bro Joe for the free skimmer, he was the one who gave it to me. Hope to meet you to discuss with your new project.

sure bro my project will start soon after i recieve the driver keep u update

• SRC Member

I road march into iwarna most of the time.

Can form a platoon for road march if people are interested.

If lazy and have a few friends.. the cab in there from pasir ris mrt shared shouldnt be more than two bucks

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• SRC Member
I road march into iwarna most of the time.

Can form a platoon for road march if people are interested.

If lazy and have a few friends.. the cab in there from pasir ris mrt shared shouldnt be more than two bucks

I walk in most of the time too :)

You be the platoon commander taking the front, while i take the back as a platoon seargent ... Lol..

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

@@

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Route march in is good idea, exercise plus reefing hobby comes together.

But the shag part is walking out with bags of corals. u reallie need more cabs to come out from there

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member
Route march in is good idea, exercise plus reefing hobby comes together.

But the shag part is walking out with bags of corals. u reallie need more cabs to come out from there

If 4 ppl take cab in from pasir ris mrt, ask uncle to wait ~20min to look see and buy whatever you wanna buy, each person prob only fork out $3-4 max. v. reasonable :)

Or can be like me... I bladed out once... hahaa caution: the road is super bumpy

• SRC Member

its a long march out from there! i will not attempt to walk out with bags of livestocks esp when the weather is super hot hot, you may be cooking yr fishes or corals while u walk out to the main road....my reservist camp used to be inside there and no cabs will go in unless u call for one.

l7304smr.jpg