Zorden Shallow tank

zorden

• SRC Member
i don think we should worry abt gas exchange as our skimmer will provide sufficient aeration to the water but yes the ripple effect is good but 2 of my tunze is non directional de. 6100 (old generation) and my tank is rimless thus don want water spilling out from my tank.

wah lau even the orientation of the wavemakers also same , stop copying me leh lol

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

i am starting to wonder are we gay or what. cabinet same color, tank maker same...skimmer also say manufacturer. mine is reef oct xp2000 yours is 5000. and now your wavemaker also same orientation.

did u spy on me or not?

any dry fish on the floor?

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
i am starting to wonder are we gay or what. cabinet same color, tank maker same...skimmer also say manufacturer. mine is reef oct xp2000 yours is 5000. and now your wavemaker also same orientation.

did u spy on me or not?

any dry fish on the floor?

ah harr, my tank done before you , so its not i spy on you , its the other way round. and i dont write FRs because i dun F around , unlike you lol

faster come and take your zoas lah

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member
ah harr, my tank done before you , so its not i spy on you , its the other way round. and i dont write FRs because i dun F around , unlike you lol

faster come and take your zoas lah

keep for me first lah. my chiller not ready and don know if water okay for my coral.will play with some cheap coral first...

my friend rics is like ten cent coin in my tank loh. see liao also heart pain

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

shallow tank got its problem in controlling the Wavemaker. i am using crush coral of grain size 3 and i still faced with bare area that is caused by direct current from my tunzes..

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Oh noooo... saw your status bro.

What happened?

All my fish go heaven but somehow my CORAL is stable and some are doing well. Diatoms is reducing... Nitrate shld be 5 ppm or lesser. P04 should be .03 or lesser..

Well somehow i am used to looking at a tank with waving coral, lifeless tank except abundance of pods... strolling at the side of my tank. and yes, i saw grandpa pod at the size of .3cm.

Reason for the "death list"

SONY01.JPG

maybe they like low flow however my tank has 3 wavemakers and one wavebox thus no room for "slow flow" except one quiet corners for my yumas.

potter%20angel.jpg

Yes my potter angel. also up the lorry. not eating and rip.

MandarinPair1.jpg

and my 2 mandrain dragonet eating still go heaven after the introduction of my PBT which is not eating but also got ich/ick.

• SRC Member

serravorte pink tips (round and sharp) is still doing well in my tank infact i find it growing and retaining the color under my OLD t5 tube. (calling ah heng for help in changing my t5)... calling once.. calling twice and calling 3times

thairun sps is doing well too and yes, my zoas.. from peacemaker still doing well. yumas from CF..and monti from one reefer who recently decomn is still doing ok. some of them bleach but well the bleeching start to slow down.. maybe not used to my old t5 tube.

brown experimental leather and xenia doing well under my low nutrients zeovit system. (only zeobak, zeo carbon, zeofood and zeolite deploy at the moment but COOL,..

what went wrong?? marine velvet? as my fish never QT? :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

• SRC Member

my tank husbandry is

WC 10-20% weekly.

using this eheim sludge extractor bi weekly.

p_909792_FS19562.jpg

and well i also deploy a refugium with very chaeto to control my nutrients. might be looking into deploying more ways to control my nitrate and nutrients esp when i am going to embark in this project. well nothing concrete yet as i havent really got the time to try out this toy.EnteraLite%20Infinity.jpg

Well its santa monica continous feeder project. Well i guess my new system will be very rojak. i guess i am LOVE gadgets more then FISHES...

continuous feeder project

my tank husbandry is

WC 10-20% weekly.

using this eheim sludge extractor bi weekly.

p_909792_FS19562.jpg

and well i also deploy a refugium with very chaeto to control my nutrients. might be looking into deploying more ways to control my nitrate and nutrients esp when i am going to embark in this project. well nothing concrete yet as i havent really got the time to try out this toy.EnteraLite%20Infinity.jpg

Well its santa monica continous feeder project. Well i guess my new system will be very rojak. i guess i am LOVE gadgets more then FISHES...

continuous feeder project

Hi Bro,

Where you manage to get the gadgets for the continiuous feed project?

And how much?

Looking for a long time but cannot find one

Thanks

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Ya.. u managed to get the zevex?

Yes. well but going to run it around 1-2 weeks later.. don want to rush. well or i shld say i am too lazy to chiong.. .got it @ ebay...

post-1523-12703191700487_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

But ebay ones are US voltage? You buying the converter to convert it to work on singapore voltage/wattage ? :P I"m not too sure of termininology... saw it on ebay too but I wasn't sure whether to buy or not. :P Let us know how it works out! :)

So sorry to hear of your fishes.. :( WHenever they go one by one, and we don't know WHY, it's a super horrid feeling. Pat Pat. At least the up coming projects help take your mind off some of these things for a while and build a better tank for your future inhabitants.

Btw, the ehiem sludge remover looks useful... does it REALLY help to clean the sand? Or at least just the top later where all the diatoms and dirt are? I don't want to cause a sandstorm in the tank. :) IF it's useful, I'd like to get one and try too!

Thanks!

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Bro, did you find any ugly worms like what Jameshong and I did? We experienced a similar event of fishes dying suddenly, yet corals surviving. Both of us found an ugly dead worm from all the carcasses. Still a mystery to us...

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

My water parameters: p04 = ZERO, no3 = 2to 5.

test done using salifret test kit. is there anyway to further reduce my no3?

WC 20% bi monthly.. getting abit lazy..so do it bi monthly instead of weekly.

yeah my lifestock as follows:

2 clown

2 watchman goby

1 yasha

2 hermit

2 turbo snail

1 angel

1 yellow goby

and lots of pods

feeding.. twice weekly.. on Argent Cyclop-eeze Freeze Dried Pytoplankton (30 g)

coral food: Zeovit Coral snow twice weekly

Marc Weis : once per week

Oyster Feast : Once per week

Marine snow: Once per wk

Prodibio BioDigest - 1 vial per wk

Skimmer is Reef octopus xp2000 which somehow overflow :( and foam like mad without warning.

I am using chaeto but no3 still 2to 5. anyway to further reduce it.

zeovit reactor as filtration. i mean those zeovit rocks