Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member

hahaahah ... well see la.. who knows, maybe I upgrade to a condenser unit and bite my teeth to live with the headache of the trunking and wiring from the backyard to the tank. BUt then before that, I'd have to check whether or not the electrical wiring will allow another condenser to even be installed at the backyard. Scarly cannot also back to square one.

I will call my daddy to ask about the trunking and use his contacts whilst I can! LOL

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

ROfl Comy.... even I feel heartache to sell it.... but well.... it's really $$ down the drain.

but what to do.. anyway if nobody buys I'd just carry on using it lor. What to do. Give my money to Singapore Power lor over a 3 year installment ( depreciation) plan. HAHAHAHAH kind of!

:P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

ROfl Comy.... even I feel heartache to sell it.... but well.... it's really $$ down the drain.

but what to do.. anyway if nobody buys I'd just carry on using it lor. What to do. Give my money to Singapore Power lor over a 3 year installment ( depreciation) plan. HAHAHAHAH kind of!

tongue.gif

well if it is of any consolation.... my Giessemann Nova II is still in my storeoom.

Not willing to sell it too low so keep it as a backup lightset....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

upgrade the lightset la...hehe.. :)

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

Justin.... banker.... round up the $$ and cents daily and then deposit into the "LED for Aquarists" fund ... :P or better yet.. just give me all your unused vouchers and I can upgrade. LOL eyebrow.gif

Day 2 of your work is over.... getting back into the groove? Does Irwarna miss your presence?

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

Justin.... banker.... round up the $$ and cents daily and then deposit into the "LED for Aquarists" fund ... :P or better yet.. just give me all your unused vouchers and I can upgrade. LOL eyebrow.gif

Day 2 of your work is over.... getting back into the groove? Does Irwarna miss your presence?

argh! so far so good apart from the intensive freshen up training for a month at the moment. i dont know if they miss me, but i miss hanging out there, hahahaha... :) So, when r u getting a new lightset? which brand or brands? *grin*

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

Came home today to a dark tank... seems that the row of circuits which includes those for the tank had all tripped.. the main circuit leading to that whole section had flipped. :( I don't even know what happened. I checked all the plugs leading to the tank, nothing was wet or lose or whatever shit....

when I flipped the fuse back on, everything turned on again... nothing tripped.... I cannot understand what could have happened to make the circuit trip!

I checked my timers and the trip happened at 5pm, I came home at 8pm so the tank was still for about 3 hours :(

Everything was alright and I threw in some henry's food and mysis for the fishes after the lights were on for some time.

My only suspect could be the lightning/rain? But it has never happened before! :((( now.. I'm worried..

anyone has ever had this happened to them before?

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

hey desi, my house tripped today morning around 5am.

after i turn on the circuit, everything's fine and nothing happened after that till now.

wonder what happened too, because it's the only time tripped after a long long time.

any others have this prob today?

I am not electrician but this is what I have learned from my past experiences.

I used to have sporadic trip and after getting a electrician to check, he found that I have overloaded my circuit. Thus whenever, all my equipments are running and my fridge compressor were to start running it will cause a overload. Apparently, my tank socket shared the same circuit as my kitchen and when all equipments were to run at the same time, it cause an trip due to overload. So in the end, he re-wired my circuit so that my tank will share the load with my room which don't draw that much current compared to my kitchen.

HDB when wiring the house will share several socket to a 13amp circuit thus our socket is never really 13amp. This is because the typical family do not consume so much electricity. :shock::whistle

I am not sure whether this could be your problem but I suggest getting an qualified electrician to look into it if you have any doubts.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

I am not electrician but this is what I have learned from my past experiences.

I used to have sporadic trip and after getting a electrician to check, he found that I have overloaded my circuit. Thus whenever, all my equipments are running and my fridge compressor were to start running it will cause a overload. Apparently, my tank socket shared the same circuit as my kitchen and when all equipments were to run at the same time, it cause an trip due to overload. So in the end, he re-wired my circuit so that my tank will share the load with my room which don't draw that much current compared to my kitchen.

HDB when wiring the house will share several socket to a 13amp circuit thus our socket is never really 13amp. This is because the typical family do not consume so much electricity. :shock::whistle

I am not sure whether this could be your problem but I suggest getting an qualified electrician to look into it if you have any doubts.

Like that I need to check where is my socket connected with... Using socket from the living room..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

sometimes a transient spike in the line will cause the circuit to trip (either because of lightning or when some appliance kicks in)

There are electrical filter in the market that helps to clean these spikes.

just another option for you to consider.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

technically ours shd be fine since we get the electrician to install additional sockets for us (eventhough share same line) and he confirm our load should be fine.

Maybe it could be the new aircon... well, see how.

you guys installed a new aircon since our last visit???

or an aircon in Desi muffin factory... the place when she said that the toilet seat too hot..... devil.gif

If it is just once, then just monitor i guess.... could be lightning too....

• SRC Member

oh we had got the electrician to rewire so that the tank equipment is pulling from 2 different circuits as I had extended the extra circuit from the fuse box to the tank .. which explains the exposed trunking ( for all of you who DID notice the exposed trunking running from the little room across the cieling to the tank... ) ... and all my pumps, skimmer , FR, and chiller is using that one circuit.. and the lights and wavemakers/wavebox is pulling from the circuit which powers up my TV/Stereo/digital starhub box which we hardly turn on anyway.

So I doubt it's an overload problem.. but THANKS for the suggestions... it seemed to be a one off incident ( I HOPE) as I worked from home the following day ( Kiasu and KIASI) to make sure nothing went off ... monitored it when the MH came on from 4.30pm all the way to 7pm when the MH went off and everything was fine.

actually, what I wanted to post in the beginning was an ambeded video of me dancing tango .. take vid.. so must show off a little bit mah.. hee hee thick skin.. tongue.gif.... from my FB.. tongue.gif but I accidentally posted an empty post... i can't EMBED video from FB! tongue.gif

hah

And yes when we get the KR92-40 in I hope and pray I have no issues mounting it on my movalite track and then turning it on.... huh.gif pray hard it is worth my moola.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

Jacky.. one day you WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF MY MUFFINS!!!! shifty.gif For yew, it shall be reseemble a live rock which you can scape with!

and yeah the new aircon was to replace the stupid Daikin condenser which has broken down which links up the masterbed room aircon and one of the living room aircons.. so had to replace the condenser AND the 2 units... used mitsubishi this time... more reliable and for ONCE my Masterbed room is COLD!!! which is coincidentally near the toilet seat which is warm in the morning...

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• Senior Reefer

I just realised I spelt Master bedroom as Masterbed room.... hhmmmmm.. ^_^

HAHAHAHAHAHHA!! wooo. wait ray get excited.

maybe someone's master bedroom is their masterbed room. ooo.. lol actually the actual spelling is different.

OK enough. i shall indulge you by joining in this sick discussion ONCE only.