Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member

Thanks guys... havent bought anything or update since August... keeping fingers crossed...

If everything ok, can start chiong LFS again :P

If water stable,condition allow u to do so...

Mai tu liao lo... Lol...

Chiong liao lo :) wahaha

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

LOL !! spiderman gloves!!! It was those coral gloves to protect the arms and hands when handling LS.. bought it JUST IN CASE need... but most of the time I just reach all the way in with my bare hands la.. can't be bothered.. until one day my finger nail kena whack by the pistol shrimp, I started using THAT... as at first I thought I had a mantis shrimp in my tank.

Managed to catch the shrimp during the decomissioning of the tank and here it is before I unceremoniously ended it's life....

post-12571-022532200 1288948140_thumb.jp

I didn't use shrimp during my current cycling.. just throw in lots of Fish food and hope it rots.. :P I can see some of them rotting liow... hope everything is in time for the fish move on monday evening. The last time I cycled "properly" although after 10 days there was a spike of ammonia then it all dropped as per normal.. but this time... there was no spike so to speak... I just hope it's properly done.... all my precious wrasses and anthias! and my Blue Sea PIG!

*cross fingers*

anyway, I am also engaging GREEN CHAPTER to hook up the water feature in front of my house. Here is a pic of it. I can't wait to get it up and running as since it'e been raining, there is always water ponding and I have to manually scoop it out to prevent mosquito breeding. I just hope that Jake/Roland can come down ASAP to get it done. :) Been dropping in some lemon grass essential oils on the left over bits I can't scoop out to chase away those pesky mossies!!!! I kena bitten until now ketchup calls me a blotchy anthias.. basket.

post-12571-001483200 1288948472_thumb.jp

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

LOL !! spiderman gloves!!! It was those coral gloves to protect the arms and hands when handling LS.. bought it JUST IN CASE need... but most of the time I just reach all the way in with my bare hands la.. can't be bothered.. until one day my finger nail kena whack by the pistol shrimp, I started using THAT... as at first I thought I had a mantis shrimp in my tank.

Managed to catch the shrimp during the decomissioning of the tank and here it is before I unceremoniously ended it's life....

I didn't use shrimp during my current cycling.. just throw in lots of Fish food and hope it rots.. :P I can see some of them rotting liow... hope everything is in time for the fish move on monday evening. The last time I cycled "properly" although after 10 days there was a spike of ammonia then it all dropped as per normal.. but this time... there was no spike so to speak... I just hope it's properly done.... all my precious wrasses and anthias! and my Blue Sea PIG!

*cross fingers*

anyway, I am also engaging GREEN CHAPTER to hook up the water feature in front of my house. Here is a pic of it. I can't wait to get it up and running as since it'e been raining, there is always water ponding and I have to manually scoop it out to prevent mosquito breeding. I just hope that Jake/Roland can come down ASAP to get it done. :) Been dropping in some lemon grass essential oils on the left over bits I can't scoop out to chase away those pesky mossies!!!! I kena bitten until now ketchup calls me a blotchy anthias.. basket.

wah nice! water feature?

• SRC Member

Lemon.. this is done by previous owner... she did it up and left it like this, no pump etc. I think Jane already asked Green Chapter to fix up a pump and then the water will flow back down... maybe keep 2 small koi fishes for fun.

• SRC Member

can't wait to cheong LFS and then can REALLY update with marine fishy stuff!!! Hope to see you larry , wilson, qiangz, kiko, lemon and EVERYbody @ LFS soon! :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Lemon.. this is done by previous owner... she did it up and left it like this, no pump etc. I think Jane already asked Green Chapter to fix up a pump and then the water will flow back down... maybe keep 2 small koi fishes for fun.

y not convert it into a qt hurhur :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

A couple of Nemos better. The waterfall thingy use as algae scrubber. :lol:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

A couple of Nemos better. The waterfall thingy use as algae scrubber. :lol:

LOL totally agree with you sis... :chair:

Nice water feature you have

Anyway nice scaping looking forward to your updates...

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

*cross fingers*

Nice water feature.... LOL... Make it into a Marine Pond... LOL...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

dont keep koi..

keep turtles.. :D

another idea like what most of them mentioned,

have a pond of clownfishes!

it'll look nice..

my gf's home has a pond similar to yours,

low maintainance, nice to see... B)

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

wah 2 salt water areas? I think I peng san already :pinch: You guys come and maintain for me la.... LOL:eyebrow:

... anyway Green Chapter too busy this weekend so I'm arranging for them to come this following week to hook it up. I hope their assumptions of the water flow and existing piping is correct since I have ZILCH plans from my seller about how it was originally done up. No la, we want some koi.... my parents like it and just 2 small ones first... know zilch about freshwater so just 2 small ones.. and slowly does it.

Algae SCRUBBER outside? wah liow..... My parents complaining about the tank stuff all over the place.. ... :P AHAHHAHAH ... well... update next week or so when the water feature is up and the fishes are back in..... I see the stuff in the tank rotting ( white film everything).

When I test with my Salifert kits, I get the following results just this morning :

ammonia and nitrite is zero,

nitrate is about 10-20ppm,

phosphate is 0.028ppm

KH : 7DKH

PH : 8.1

SG : 1.024

and oh yes, the ecolamp.. is still alive and running... been turning on moonlight the past week since tank is cycling, turned on some blue light today for a while for the corals to get used to some daylight once the fishes go in.

Kept my Gisseman in my store room behind.. JUST IN CASE. :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

wah 2 salt water areas? I think I peng san already :pinch: You guys come and maintain for me la.... LOL:eyebrow:

... anyway Green Chapter too busy this weekend so I'm arranging for them to come this following week to hook it up. I hope their assumptions of the water flow and existing piping is correct since I have ZILCH plans from my seller about how it was originally done up. No la, we want some koi.... my parents like it and just 2 small ones first... know zilch about freshwater so just 2 small ones.. and slowly does it.

Algae SCRUBBER outside? wah liow..... My parents complaining about the tank stuff all over the place.. ... :P AHAHHAHAH ... well... update next week or so when the water feature is up and the fishes are back in..... I see the stuff in the tank rotting ( white film everything).

When I test with my Salifert kits, I get the following results just this morning :

ammonia and nitrite is zero,

nitrate is about 10-20ppm,

phosphate is 0.028ppm

KH : 7DKH

PH : 8.1

SG : 1.024

and oh yes, the ecolamp.. is still alive and running... been turning on moonlight the past week since tank is cycling, turned on some blue light today for a while for the corals to get used to some daylight once the fishes go in.

Kept my Gisseman in my store room behind.. JUST IN CASE. :P

nice house,welcome come back.

• SRC Member

Well, the move of the fish back to the main tank is finally done... :P Except for 1 casualty... ironically one of the healthiest fishes which was the yellow wrasse.. it had grown twice it's size and started having alpha male markings.. found it at the bottom fo the blue tub last night when I got back home from work :cry2:

Hope that everything remains stable and the fishes get used to the NEW rockscape and water... :P fingers crossed that they become happy critters again and I can go back to LFSING! :yeah:

post-12571-066197800 1289397436_thumb.jppost-12571-054542000 1289397443_thumb.jp

And here's a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w-hIA2ccq0

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

Better chiong fast before your LS get too comfy with the new scape. Especially if you intend to introduce some timid specimens.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Just thought i'd update with some pics... thank you to Milch for his elegance.. it's opening up nicely.... quite disconcerting as he had fed it a dead fish beforehand and when I brought it back, i could see part of the dead fish sticking out of the elegance.. eeks. :P oh well ..

HEre it is..

post-12571-064823400 1290240894_thumb.jp

some pics of the fishes!

post-12571-081179100 1290240895_thumb.jp post-12571-007269000 1290240897_thumb.jp post-12571-020939800 1290240898_thumb.jp

1 part of my zoo area since now it's a top down view... no proper camera so I'm using my Iphone 4 to take pics ..

post-12571-028703900 1290240893_thumb.jp

And since last Sunday I realise that my Golden Rhomboid has a swollen eye. I couldn't catch it that day but I managed to fish it out on Monday when I came home after work to find it listless on the sand. :( It didn't even resist being netted. Anyway, I thought I had lost the poor thing as it was so lifeless and limp.... so I began syringing in Mysis ( soaked in garlic Guard and Selcon) every morning before I go to work and evening when I come back... and lo and behold.. the last 2 days ( been a week) it has begun to swim a bit in it's beta box.. everytime I walk by the tank, it will come out thinking there's food... I really hope it recovers. Fingers Crossed.:cry:

post-12571-021973700 1290240899_thumb.jppost-12571-020403000 1290240900_thumb.jp

Cheers, ;)

Desi