6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Wow !!! nice corals !!! I must really say well done to you...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
oic. Looks like all the beckett user have no choice but to stick to iwaki. I love the beckett skimming but at times also find the noise unbearable.

One more question. I find that the skimmate of my beckett is very thick and black, like mud, but they are odourless....unlike the needlewheel skimmer that Alfa have that produce very smelly skimmate. Can someone tell what is the difference? Is that an indication that the needlewheel are skimming out things that the beckett is not?

Weileong, what is a calcium by-pass?

Thanks,

Patrick

my friend has tat kind of skimmate too...

found out that the flow of the fr (for carbon ) is too strong and cause the carbon to grind too much...the skimmate is almost 50% carbon (visual inspection).just my opinion...

• 2 weeks later...

Good looking tank. Sweet colonies you have there ;)

I like the vareity of sps you have there.. would love to see them grow more in months to come, esp with the mad growth of staghorns to break the colony and table shapes ;)

• SRC Member

Thanks all for the comments. The tank has got a long way to go. Still desperately fighting cyano on various parts of the sandbed.

Zerocool, have been looking for blue specimens for a very long time liao. Hope I will get some specimens during the next few shipments whenever they coem around. Would love to get blue milles/stags. :)

DB, yeah, now waiting for the stags to grow up and add some other dimensions to the scaping. Had a huge stag which stn'ed from the base probably due to low Kh levels and had to frag it to several pieces which are recovering well now. Hope it picks up the growth spurt soon.

• SRC Member

Thanks for the compliment bro, hope the apparent success with the specimens continues and color up some more.

Gotta thank you for the valuable help rendered during the initial planning and startup of the tank! Hope one day, my tank will be like your previous glorious sps tank! *fingers crossed*

• SRC Member
I think I need a large piece of black cloth to hide the background when Im taking photos!

Also need to learn how to take proper photos obviously...

How abt some top - down pix?? :lol:

can see very nice pinks and purples :yeah:

And o do i see a few pieces tt are goign to touch each other :whistle:whistle time for some frags.. :lol::lol:

Great tank!!! And :shock: sight to see when U step into the house :ooh: