Custom SPS Tank

imcosmokramer

• SRC Member

welcome to src imcosmokramer

extremely neat tank. and i like ur lineatus. bet its a rather young tank and its impressive to have this kind of standard for a rather new tank.

i love your marco shots and a lower ISO will be of better noise reduction making less grainy.

keep up the standard and happy reefing.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

another awesome sps tank.. nice and neat, just like your previous RBTA tank, i really love that idea.. :idea:

welcome to src.. :D

Thanks everyone.

those were taken with a fuji s2 pro using a nikkor 50mm macro (manual focus).

re: anemone tank, I just got a crazy new BTA (it's yellow/orange/green). I'll have pictures of it soon. I just added 3 new corals to the tank, a peach millepora, a $500 efflo and a rommel's rainbow acro (which just looks like a colorful millepora to me ;) )

Thanks everyone.

those were taken with a fuji s2 pro using a nikkor 50mm macro (manual focus).

re: anemone tank, I just got a crazy new BTA (it's yellow/orange/green). I'll have pictures of it soon. I just added 3 new corals to the tank, a peach millepora, a $500 efflo and a rommel's rainbow acro (which just looks like a colorful millepora to me ;) )

Hi Bro imcosmokramer,

A warm welcome to SRC. Love your setosa !

Await your close up shot on your peach millepora, your 500 efflo and the ultimate rommel's rainbow acro.

Guess your presence will push the sps reefers here to even greater height :)

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member
Nice looking stuff Kramer...

I suppose you are a Sienfeld fan too? hahhaha

remembering those days i used to rush home so that i can catch its run!

haha... i love seinfeld too.... the show about NOTHING!

i have the whole series... if you want, can lend you watch:)

haha... i love seinfeld too.... the show about NOTHING!

i have the whole series... if you want, can lend you watch:)

Borrowing will do unjust to Jerry... plus i am selfish, i want to keep the whole 10 seasons as well...

I grab it off ebay a year ago, they are not too expensive...

Thanks for the offer though.. appreciate it!

• SRC Member
what do you think of my tank?

very nice tank and superb tank bro.. u make me wanting to rescape my tank a little bit liao :)

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Wow your tank is simply stunning. It'll be long before I even step into the SPS game. WOW.. really Beautiful man.

FOWLR Tank : Decom

Invert Tank: Decom

Current Tank: 2 ft with 2ft sump, 2 pyjama Cardinals, 1 Watchman Goby, 8 sand gobies, common saltwater shrimps, 3 turbo snails. 1 super green paly

Hi Bro imcosmokramer,

A warm welcome to SRC. Love your setosa !

Await your close up shot on your peach millepora, your 500 efflo and the ultimate rommel's rainbow acro.

Guess your presence will push the sps reefers here to even greater height :)

thanks bro. That's setosa is my favorite too. I'm adding a picture of the rommel's rainbo acro. The other two are not ready to be photographed yet.

Nice looking stuff Kramer...

I suppose you are a Sienfeld fan too? hahhaha

remembering those days i used to rush home so that i can catch its run!

ha ha, yeah, good ole college days :)

freaking nice tank!

love the colours of your sps.

cheers

tyvm

very nice tank and superb tank bro.. u make me wanting to rescape my tank a little bit liao :)

I like to keep it simple

Wow your tank is simply stunning. It'll be long before I even step into the SPS game. WOW.. really Beautiful man.

thank you, and why?

ok, some more photos

DSCF0044.JPG

DSCF0045.JPG

DSCF0046.JPG

DSCF0047.JPG

Such nice pic you have taken for your sps...was thinking of getting a Canon 300D...but Damm.. so tempting to go and get an exact camera set you are using ! Big hole in my pocket soon... LOL

Anyone has advise on a value proposition for SLR for the purpose of nice macro shot for sps ?

Thanks in advance :)

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Big hole in my pocket soon... LOL

Thanks in advance :)

Erh?? dun think any reefer here will believe you Cedric.... lol

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Erh?? dun think any reefer here will believe you Cedric.... lol

Well, if Cedric is getting the Canon EOS 1D MK IV with the MP-E65 macro lens and the EF100 f2.8L macro lens, it will surely burn a hole in his pocket... :eyebrow:

For a good macro setup, the Canon 40D and EF100 f2.8 macro or Tamron 90 f2.8 macro lens will be a good starting point.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

quick param update, video to follow :)

param1.jpg

param2.jpg

param3.jpg

Whoa! If you were doing a sales pitch for your tank, it would have been a done deal, man!

BTW, awesome SPS setup and exemplary photography, dude!

Humble setup since 1st Jan 2010 :

3 x 1.5 x 1.5 sumpless, 2 x T5 39W white, 2 x T5 39W actinic, Tunze 9005, Hydor K1, Eheim 2026, fan (no chiller). 20% weekly WC.