wts Fish

Aquablue

• Senior Reefer

Hi, may i know which shipment or which LFS you got the wrasse from? interested in it but i need some clues to ID what it is first.

looks like a female/juvenile of some sort..

• Senior Reefer

i think its a rubimarginatus.. with faded red margins.. have pinkish tints at the ends..

that was my guess too. problem with cirrhilabrus is that some look rather similar to flashers when juvenile.

pin-pointing the exact shipment or LFS can greatly help in eliminating suspects

• SRC Member

i had 1 for more than 1 yr b4 it decided to jump out from my tank 1 day.... was told it is pylei wrasse. most likely a female one. i bought mine from ah beng.

here a pic i found from net that looks like mine....

DSC_6751.jpg

• Senior Reefer
tEc' date='16 April 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1271347674' post='899689']

i had 1 for more than 1 yr b4 it decided to jump out from my tank 1 day.... was told it is pylei wrasse. most likely a female one. i bought mine from ah beng.

here a pic i found from net that looks like mine....

DSC_6751.jpg

yes. this is a female/juvenile pylei. the markings on the face and long pelvic fins are already showing. however this photo shows a vanuatu pylei. pylei from ahbeng probably are the ones from cebu since they don't have vanautu shipments, and cebu pyleis have a black edge on the tail and a black spot on the dorsal fin.

• Senior Reefer

the wrasse is either a rubrimarginatus, or a female pylei.

judging from his selling price i doubt it's any female flasher.

bro aquablue, i'll take it. just incase you missed my above post.

• SRC Member

yes. this is a female/juvenile pylei. the markings on the face and long pelvic fins are already showing. however this photo shows a vanuatu pylei. pylei from ahbeng probably are the ones from cebu since they don't have vanautu shipments, and cebu pyleis have a black edge on the tail and a black spot on the dorsal fin.

i had the cebu pylei too.... mine was red with black edge on tail....the pylei that i show in the pic was more pinkish than red and also the body shape is kind of diff...