3ft x21" x 2.5ft tank

jsoon

• SRC Member
wad are the lighting?

post your filter system?

Lighting is a humble 150W MH Gisemann with Teco 1/2HP chiller.

As for my filter system, ah!!! that is what I need to ask for advice.

If you go to OP, at the right hand corner, there is a display tank and that is exactly my tank and filter specification, except the width is shorter by 3".

The only difference, is that I added a 4" DSB in my main tank.

The sump has exactly what OP has - biohome, coral chips in first chamber

2nd chamber is pump for chiller and the 3rd chamber is PS and return pump.

The only stuff I added in addition to the sump are in the 1st chamber - filter mats, 2nd chamber - LRs and 3rd chamber - polyfilter, chemipure, UV lights and upgrade the PS to shuran E100. It is a mix of Berlin system.

I am thinking of converting the sump to another DSB or with mud and cuplera plants.

But so far, water parameters, are

PH 8.2

NH - 0

NO2 - 0

N03 - 10

Ca - 280

I am using this saltwater testkit that test all parameters (except Ca) from Aquarium Pharmaceutical...

When I use Tetra test kit, my NO3 is higher at 20mg/ppm which concern me as I am not sure which kit to trust...and I am not sure if I should change to a sump DSB...

Any advice ?

Lighting is a humble 150W MH Gisemann with Teco 1/2HP chiller.

As for my filter system, ah!!! that is what I need to ask for advice.

If you go to OP, at the right hand corner, there is a display tank and that is exactly my tank and filter specification, except the width is shorter by 3".

The only difference, is that I added a 4" DSB in my main tank.

The sump has exactly what OP has - biohome, coral chips in first chamber

2nd chamber is pump for chiller and the 3rd chamber is PS and return pump.

The only stuff I added in addition to the sump are in the 1st chamber - filter mats, 2nd chamber - LRs and 3rd chamber - polyfilter, chemipure, UV lights and upgrade the PS to shuran E100. It is a mix of Berlin system.

I am thinking of converting the sump to another DSB or with mud and cuplera plants.

But so far, water parameters, are

PH 8.2

NH - 0

NO2 - 0

N03 - 10

Ca - 280

I am using this saltwater testkit that test all parameters (except Ca) from Aquarium Pharmaceutical...

When I use Tetra test kit, my NO3 is higher at 20mg/ppm which concern me as I am not sure which kit to trust...and I am not sure if I should change to a sump DSB...

Any advice ?

Hi jsoon,

would like to find out from u where u bought ur 150W MH Gisemann & Teco 1/2HP chiller from. Can u PM me the price too.

:thanks: in advance and Merry X'mas to u and all reefers in here. :D

bro....if only my tank look like that....gorgeous!!!

keep us posted with more pics...thanks

:lol:

I love the clowns....they really are enjoying the anemone :lol:

• SRC Member

Thanks for the encouragement. I have some close up but they were quite blur... maybe I will post after I do another round of lanndscaping on the left where the big hole is. Initially I create that spot for my sun coral but realise that it prefer to bloom at the other corner.

I am looking for a "sifu" to teach me the art of 101 landscaping of Marine Tank...why didn't anyone taught of that idea and set up a training school...sure can make money lah!!! ...right now, it is always a trial and error for me.

• SRC Member
Thanks for the encouragement. I have some close up but they were quite blur... maybe I will post after I do another round of lanndscaping on the left where the big hole is. Initially I create that spot for my sun coral but realise that it prefer to bloom at the other corner.

I am looking for a "sifu" to teach me the art of 101 landscaping of Marine Tank...why didn't anyone taught of that idea and set up a training school...sure can make money lah!!! ...right now, it is always a trial and error for me.

Bro, how abt this pic of yor tank after some "upgrading"?

post-34-1072200202.jpg