Looking for free marine fishes and items

deelrohan

• SRC Member

Hey guys i just started a marine tank from a freshwater tank hence i want to adopt anyfishes and anenomes or any thing that has to do with making my 3ft tank beutiful and full

if u have fishes to give or rocks and anenomes send me an email at predatoryfishes@hotmail.sg

Hey guys i just started a marine tank from a freshwater tank hence i want to adopt anyfishes and anenomes or any thing that has to do with making my 3ft tank beutiful and full

if u have fishes to give or rocks and anenomes send me an email at predatoryfishes@hotmail.sg

Hi bro, welcome to the hobby. I know you must have heard it said a thousand times before, but once again, don't be in a hurry to make your setup look "full". Good luck to your search and happy reefing.

• SRC Supporter

If you are new in marine, i hope you have done some research and read up in the forum before your setup and hope you are not asking for free fish / corals just to try out in your tank and letting it die without proper care and suitable equipments.

Sadly to say, keeping a marine tank is much different than keeping a fresh water tank which you can simply just add water, air pump and fish. However , if you have done all the research here i am sure reefer will be willing to part some of their unwanted fish / corals for newbie like you to try out in sustaining a healthy marine tank. :friends:

• SRC Member

Hi bro, welcome to the hobby. I know you must have heard it said a thousand times before, but once again, don't be in a hurry to make your setup look "full". Good luck to your search and happy reefing.

thanks ya i but i did i went to fish farm and seletar and ask alot from the old man he told me must use this use that and i my water and stuffs all bought from him scared that i over put the salt =) bought some fishes and starfish now looking to make a nice habitat for the fishes to swim in =) and also more companions cos i bought like one of each

thanks ya i but i did i went to fish farm and seletar and ask alot from the old man he told me must use this use that and i my water and stuffs all bought from him scared that i over put the salt =) bought some fishes and starfish now looking to make a nice habitat for the fishes to swim in =) and also more companions cos i bought like one of each

Bro, i think before you add any thing in your tank, at least you need to let the tank circle for 4 weeks.. pls read up.. welcome to the hobby and enjoy!

• SRC Member

Sound to me you didnt even measure the salinity of the water!!! :shock:

• Like 4

• SRC Member

I think for the start,

u should had just try out with one fish :)

Kindly test all your water parameter before

adding any more livestocks~~

Patience is the key to success in reefing

• SRC Member

Hey please read up first!!

The shop you went to is T95

1)you didnt even cycle ur tank straight away put in fishes and expect reefers to donate more to you to kill?

2)as what bro limsc said I also think you didnt measure the sanity of the water!

dude read up! <_<

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

can someone help me add rep points to bro limsc press wrong button thanks :paiseh:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

I dont even know how to add LOL.. teach me and will add for him!

Done....

• Like 1

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

Thanks the right hand side of each post will have a plus(green) or minus(red)

I kinda accidentally press the red one when I wanted to press the green one

anyway thanks bro oceanviper

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

no worries bro, take ur time to read up the basic more,stop adding anymore things for bout 1month+ & c how it goes,

if u din mind i can pass u some corals but maybe gotta let ur water run for bout 1 months 1st, try buy some test kits 1st,

cheers :friends:

• SRC Member

u also have to cycle even if the water is from the farm? :pinch:

• Like 1

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

nah its fine i have angelfish,starfish,clownfish,butterflyfish and some other fishes they're alright >.< haha

wow that's quite a load! with the angels and butterfly I think you better net them up and pass to someone to keep for u or maybe put at uncle(T95) there first then once cycled bring them back.

please read up first before committing to buy the fish!

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

hi arie,

yes the fishes wil be fine for the first few days, after a few weeks or days when ammonia start to spike, diaster will strike.

i would really recommend you to read up more of cycling to prevent you from going through this stage where you lost all your precious livestock.

Just Briefly:

1) Cycle your tank after adding bacteria

2) check the ammonia->nitrite->nitrate cycling process.

3) wait for one month for the cycling to finish (varies on situation)

4) stock slowly 1 fish per week

you will reduce the lost of precious livestock with this and your $.

we learn as we go on and try not to shop on impulse, think on the long run!

*Note: other bros/sis and me are not scolding/insulting/cursing you (please do not take it this way), just dont want you to go through what others did, am glad you join this forum to learn more.

And lastly, happy reefing!

Even if the water is from the farm, It is a MUST to cycle your tank to build up the bacteria population..

You did not provide any information on what kind of setup you have..

When is it setup? And buying Angels and Butterfly without reading up on them? Most of the butterflies offered are difficult to keep and will normally starved to death...

Without providing your specs, you want to keep anemone in a newly setup tank??? Anemone is difficult even for matured tank and experienced reefers...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp