The tree, the hill & the castle

ambystoma82

imagine one of your "branch", with abit of weight, dropped from certain height.

And just so coincidence, the pointed part hit the base 1st.

Perhaps, nothing will happen now, but if murphy struck twice and another drop hit the same spot?

This is the same as having eggcrates covered with sands laid at the bottom base to act a medium to protect your base.

Just my thoughts...for your reference.

IMO, your tree will look more like a tree, with some "roots" surfaced from the "ground".

ak+tree+of+life+2.jpg

i agree with the visual effect lacking of the roots.. hmm.. the roots prob wont come in so early as hv to think of something creative..

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, take ur time.

Its more interesting, when your pace had been slowed.

NPS seafan?

Nice! What are you dosing to feed this beauty?

i think still got abt 3-4 pcs available at ah beng at 1 green note lolx.. real cheap..

i am only feeding mysis to my tank, but feed only the liquid/juice of the mysis not the dead bodies..and let it circulate in tank w/o overflow for 45mins

i am also exploring into new food like phytoplankton.. i will be only mixing diff ingredients instead of feeding different brands of same ingredients..

if u see new life spectrum fish food n coral food ingredients.. other than the size.. not much of a diff...

the huge dilemma for what to be placed on the top...as u can c... its veryyyyy green on the top...

was thinking to cover the top with leathers.. to blk out the growth of diatoms on rocks..

green hammers prob might bleach as the height is kinda of near to lighting..

post-2836-0-55990800-1301981447_thumb.jp

You could use epoxy to cover up the exposed PVC portion and stick sand to it. That way, it looks more natural.

hmm..thought of tht earlier... but large area of pvc prob can blk up by large size corals..

small area most likely plug them with my fallen sponges..they r pretty compressible.. lolx

dilemma now to place what corals on the top.... :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

it need to be something not easily bleach by high lighting yet resist nitrate levels..

• SRC Supporter

restructuring the area to cater for more "depth" look.. (compare to 1st pic..) due to the short roof/overhang..

wanted to do a initial of me n my wife on the base rock,, but oh well the diatom growth was too strong to be recognize later..

Very nature looking, make me think of the rock scape i saw during my diving days.

wow! Im just wondering what will you add to your "Tree top".

reminded me of my idea of having a GSP "Golf" course i wana create for mmy tank.

my abalone went on work strike.. lolx.

haiz.. the golf course is demoralising..but u can have it lolx..

trying out tlf biopellets later... got it less than 4 red notes frm madpetz, 400ml, hopefully la lang will become carpet grass lolx..

my abalone went on work strike.. lolx.

haiz.. the golf course is demoralising..but u can have it lolx..

trying out tlf biopellets later... got it less than 4 red notes frm madpetz, 400ml, hopefully la lang will become carpet grass lolx..

LOLz its tough, tried and tested. The lights were just too strong. Lalang/weeds thrived in such environment! Argh...Gave up the idea, till i can find a solution.

If yours work, i might wana try again. <_<

• SRC Member

trying out the new stuff...

also having the same prob with "lesser skimmate"

hey terry did urs go lesser also?

That's great! Can do a product review on this NPX on the forum? Very interested in its performance.

Currently finding info on the other kind(pic below).

NP-BioPellets.jpg