Weekly LFS & Shipment Updates - 18th Apr to 24th Apr 11

Bro really appreciate ur effort in providing updates n pics but can we just stick to marine species? :ThanxSmiley:

I update this fish, cause I know some brother here keeping archer fish in their marine tank..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro really appreciate ur effort in providing updates n pics but can we just stick to marine species? :ThanxSmiley:

They are blackish water fishes, so they are considered marine bah... CF have a few of these different blackish water fishes..

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

They are blackish water fishes, so they are considered marine bah... CF have a few of these different blackish water fishes..

Yes, Banded Archerfish (Toxotes jaculatrix) is commonly available @ CF..

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Brackish water has higher salinity then freshwater but lower than seawater, so they can't exactly be considered as marine

Brackish water has higher salinity then freshwater but lower than seawater, so they can't exactly be considered as marine

They r general found at brackish area. As mention they r amphidromous species. To be surprise they toleration on salinity range after acclimatise is much wider than other marine hobby fishes. If you read certain article from magazine they can be range from sg 1.000 to 1.026. Banded Archerfish is available in Singapore, If you visit our 2nd link causeway area. Do check the salinity you will be surprise...

Doesn't matter, just try to share what spotted @ LFS for those kept above species...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

From a freshwater convert, I find the update very refreshing and nice. Cherry and bee

shrimps and archer fish does bring back fond memories! Thanks cfoh!

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

From a freshwater convert, I find the update very refreshing and nice. Cherry and bee

I am a convert too, spent the last 18 years of my life as a aquatic freshwater hobbyist, it was refreshing to see all these again.

The shrimps, the brackish LS, i enjoyed seeing them again.

But I don't speak for the rest as they may find it dillutes the purpose of the thread given that this is a marine based community, worse still, some new friends may think that they are viable in marine environment.

But I really appreciate Mr CFOh's effort, and I look forward to all his post here almost every other day

cheers

• SRC Member

In fact I am really very thankful to bro CFOh's contributions, without him we won't be able to get so much LFS stock info & this is extremely useful for bros who are too busy to drop by those places, two thumbs up for him! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

But having said that, I believed many of us are here because majority are marine lovers and certainly hoped to see updates that are related to marine as well.

I was just hoping this place won't be diluted by too much FW or BW updates and if there's really a need perhaps the MODs can consider to create another section just for them. ;)

Once again thks for the effort bro CFOh! :ThanxSmiley:

Cheers! :cheers:

pinnacles having rusty pymyp angel at 4 reds...

and the OMG big red carpet... (1 feet in diameter, 20cm foot size..)

they also hv really healthy medium colony size green tip and purple tip hammer for large tanks

at the farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr end of pinnacle they actually have pacific anemone, carpet anemone n bta behind...

post-2836-0-24181100-1303300560_thumb.jp

post-2836-0-54729000-1303300569_thumb.jp

post-2836-0-61843300-1303300583_thumb.jp

pinnacles having rusty pymyp angel at 4 reds...

and the OMG big red carpet... (1 feet in diameter, 20cm foot size..)

they also hv really healthy medium colony size green tip and purple tip hammer for large tanks

at the farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr end of pinnacle they actually have pacific anemone, carpet anemone n bta behind...

That a golden angel. So small so nice... Did go there when we went...

Member of:

Interesting update , I find it useful, be it brackish or marine, love the pics.

I am a convert too, spent the last 18 years of my life as a aquatic freshwater hobbyist, it was refreshing to see all these again.

The shrimps, the brackish LS, i enjoyed seeing them again.

But I don't speak for the rest as they may find it dillutes the purpose of the thread given that this is a marine based community, worse still, some new friends may think that they are viable in marine environment.

But I really appreciate Mr CFOh's effort, and I look forward to all his post here almost every other day

cheers

In fact I am really very thankful to bro CFOh's contributions, without him we won't be able to get so much LFS stock info & this is extremely useful for bros who are too busy to drop by those places, two thumbs up for him! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

But having said that, I believed many of us are here because majority are marine lovers and certainly hoped to see updates that are related to marine as well.

I was just hoping this place won't be diluted by too much FW or BW updates and if there's really a need perhaps the MODs can consider to create another section just for them. ;)

Once again thks for the effort bro CFOh! :ThanxSmiley:

Cheers! :cheers:

:ThanxSmiley: Thanks for reading.. Cheers and Happy Reefing... :friends:

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

a few Macropharyngodon kuiteri from Tonga at cf.

kuiter's leopard wrasse. a v rare import. maybe singapore's first?

And FLoral Blenny aka Petroscirtes mitratus...

THe kuiteri only 2 healthy one, the rest of the 3 is dying...

Member of: