小sohal的梦想

tang_sohal

Hi all, i have decided to start a thread and document my progress.

A little history of my reefing escapedes till now.

I starting liking marine fish when i saw them about 6 years ago. At that time, i got a new place and i felt, wouldnt it be nice to put one in the living room... and from then.. it took off

With no experience watsoever, i took the giant leap, with no guidance, i make big big mistakes

Biggest flaw was the tank. I went with a 7ft by 1ft by 2ft 4inch, my contractor basically just dump a glass tank in the living room.

I had to do overflow myself and sump was so small that after a skimmer.. nothing else. Battling the all famous biggest 'disease' of a reefer - impatience.

Wanting to have everything

After 5 years......

I move again and with alittle more experience, i decided to build a really more solid tank and running a better system.

After doing all measurements.. i decided to go bigger..

Tank dimensions:

3 side crystal glass 8ft x 3ft x 2ft 4inch (i like this height) with internal overflow

Sump: 6ft x 2ft 3inch x 1.5ft

Designed by victor iwarna with my own fussy input

Total. 2378litres

Equipments: (ordered buy yet to delivered)

Skimmer: deltec sc3070s

CR: geo CR1218 wz 20kg ARM calcium media mix with 4kg grotech magnesium media

Filtration: 72kg marine pure block

Zeovit filter (L) automatic (as i cant shake it everyday)

Return pump: 2x reef octopus 16500 providing estimate 30000l/hr return

Wavemaker: 2x rw20, 2x rw15

Chiller (my biggest worry) 9000btu compressor

Lightings: 2x ati sunpower 3ft 4tube

2x ati sunpower 4ft 4tube

4x AI Hydra52

Live rocks about 100kg

Livesand caribsea special grade 8packets

ATO tunze osmolator 3155

Today is the day cabinet coming in.. *cross fingers* and hope murphy,s law dont visit me

I will like to use this opportunity to thank a few people for helping to realise my dreams.

1. Victor iwarna for providing valuable setup advice

2. My friend alvin for helping me to install lightings and transporting my existing livestocks over

3. Big bro Larry for advising me on placement of LEDs and replying my pm really fast

4. A mysterious bro who doesnt want his name mentioned but very active in the forum.

He is the one who has been providing superb and valuable advice, even using his free time on sat to chiong LFS with me from west to east to choose liverocks, without him my dream would not have been possible.

• Like 1

More , more please........

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

My batch of liverocks mized tonga branches and batam liverocks.. have just added more and currently at about 70kg. Waiting for victor new batch for my last 30kg.

I look through tofu thread for inspiration but i couldnt bring myself to go through his meticulous preparation of rocks. So i took the lazy way out.

Dip the rocks in both extreme conditions 2hr each hypo and hyper at 1.040. Now curing in blue tub for 2 weeks at least powered by 2 airstones and constant dumping of microbacter 7

• SRC Member

Wow bro, your tank size is definitely what many people can only dream of. Camping here for more updates.

Shadow Walkers's 4 ft Shallow Reef Chronicles

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC7

Chiller: Hailea 1/4 HS66A

Lights: T5 4 tubes ATI + Maxspect Glaive Led

Refugium with Liverocks and Cheato and lots of pods

Refugium light: Par38 Full spectrum

Return pump: Hailea HX6540..stupid pump so noisy

Wavemaker: Maxspect Gyre 130

• SRC Member

Haha. I like start from small. Probably will mix. Your frag quality is good and in my current tank always encrust and good pe

Haha, bro, growing from frag for tank of such size will really test your patience, LOL. Some SPS grows fast but some are really slow (I am really "peck check" with such coral).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gigantic tank build!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

These couple of days busy with some office work and also the arrival of the tank and some equipments from overseas and local.

Arrival of my geo1218, upon unpacking realise its too big.. will have problem putting into sump

Zeovit automatic L and some others (not complete, supposingly in 3 boxes)

Rest from lfs

Christmas arrive early and felt like a little boy unpacking his presents.

post-23419-0-97762000-1418216044_thumb.p

post-23419-0-27783700-1418216084_thumb.p

post-23419-0-01479000-1418216117_thumb.p

post-23419-0-49701500-1418216151_thumb.p

Bro tang_sohal, keep your updates coming!
Trying my best. Juggling between work n dream.
Wow bro, your tank size is definitely what many people can only dream of. Camping here for more updates.
Thanks.. will update my progress
Haha, bro, growing from frag for tank of such size will really test your patience, LOL. Some SPS grows fast but some are really slow (I am really "peck check" with such coral). Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree.. so have to mix n match machiam going candy empire buy candy
Gigantic tank build!!
The biggest within my budget and space..

• SRC Member

Is that tank fully completed? Its actually my first time seeing a tank 8x3x2.2ft big that is without any kind of braces.. not even bottom braces. I know nothing about how tank should be constructed but my basic knowledge tells me a tank this size, will need braces no matter what unless the glasses are very thick and silicon are thick too.. Which dosn't seem to appear to be..

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but i am truely worried if this is a completed tank..

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

Is that tank fully completed? Its actually my first time seeing a tank 8x3x2.2ft big that is without any kind of braces.. not even bottom braces. I know nothing about how tank should be constructed but my basic knowledge tells me a tank this size, will need braces no matter what unless the glasses are very thick and silicon are thick too.. Which dosn't seem to appear to be.. Not trying to be a wet blanket, but i am truely worried if this is a completed tank..
Nope. Not completed. Becoz it cant fit into the lift. So everything have to be done in the house including the silicon. You are right. There is gonna be eurobracing, i was hoping to do rimless but it is too dangerous. So finally will be eurobracing all around with probably 2 centre bracing. I cant think of anyway to skip the centre bracing and worry it will affect the light spectrum. No choice Safety or beauty, safety is first concern

• SRC Member

Nope. Not completed. Becoz it cant fit into the lift. So everything have to be done in the house including the silicon. You are right. There is gonna be eurobracing, i was hoping to do rimless but it is too dangerous. So finally will be eurobracing all around with probably 2 centre bracing. I cant think of anyway to skip the centre bracing and worry it will affect the light spectrum. No choice Safety or beauty, safety is first concern

thank god! it was really shocking to see the tank braceless! Yes, safety is the first priority.. Since you are using multiple light sets, u can always play around the angle to avoide the centre bracing.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

thank god! it was really shocking to see the tank braceless! Yes, safety is the first priority.. Since you are using multiple light sets, u can always play around the angle to avoide the centre bracing.
Not gonna be easy.. probably will setup the landscape with multiple islands to avoid the centre bracing.. Question evo bro, does the centrebracing really block the lights by alot assuming we keep it clean.

• SRC Supporter

Not gonna be easy.. probably will setup the landscape with multiple islands to avoid the centre bracing.. Question evo bro, does the centrebracing really block the lights by alot assuming we keep it clean.

How thick is the glass of the tank you are making ? If it is 12mm it is safer to have a top and bottom bracing . The center bracing will block some light but if you keep it clean from algae growth it wouldn't affect the light penetration much. You need the center bracing to place your T5 set as well unless you are going everything to hanging .

Actually your 4 set of AI Hydra 52 is already sufficient for your tank , but of course good to have more light . Let;s the fun begin :thumbsup: ...

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hoping to see pics of the scaping soon here..saw it personally ytd n the build was indeed impressive although there's some flaws pointed out by bro tang_sohal..can't wait to see the whole tank filled up with livestock..swee :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• 1 month later...