Feng Shui....Location of Fish Tanks....

kschew1498

• SRC Member

Was claering some mail when I read a mail sent to me by a friend.......an Extract about feng shui

If you already have a fish tank in your house, be careful. A fish tank

> > placed correctly can bring about greater fortune, as you will tap on the

> > Divine Water Dragon's Den. But if you tap wrongly, it can cause you to

> > have lawsuits, bankruptcy, work pressure, troubles and problems. If you

> > noticed any of these after placing the fish tank for approximately four

> > months, shift your fish tank to another location.

> > TAKE NOTE:

> > Water Features:

> > A fish tank or fountain in the Water (North) or Wood (East &

> > SouthEast) sectors of a property are superb good fortune enhancers. It

> is often advised that the aquarium is placed to the left side of the main

> > door to attract money. The direction is taken when one is standing

> inside looking out.

Was wondering if anybody can share some understanding on the tank location at home with regards to Feng Shui....... :huh:

So far my partner, career and friends relationship are still quite alright.....after > 1 year on my placement on my reef tank.....but then my mdm have been out of job for nearly a year liao......hmmm.....could it be..... :fear:

I wonder what is the best position to tap on the Divine Water Dragon's Den at home......kekeke :P

• SRC Member

I study a bit of feng shui while I was in the army. It seems that there is no fix direction / or position per say, otherwise all the houses would have faced the same direction. It also need to take into consideration the "eight characters" of the owner of the house.

Bottomline, if you believe it, it exists. If you don't, it doesn't. Feng Shui isn't a very scientific study, it just happens to be the empirical experiences of many generations that sort of defines certain patterns or threads in relation to the geography/location features. Some of which arises from common sense. For example, about the hotly debated: Fish tank in the bedroom. My sinseh told me that generally speaking, you will sleep better if your bed room is quiet. Having a tank will contribute significantly to the noise level, especially during the quiet of the night. Of course there are people who actually sleeps better when there is noise, so by placing the fish tank in the room is actually giving them better sleep, and thus better "feng shui".

• SRC Member
> The direction is taken when one is standing

> inside looking out.

looking out towards the main door or towards the windows??? :huh:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

i have some experience with water feature positions..

4 yrs ago, a fengshui master, a friend of my dad pointed out that our pond is place in the wrong position. at the back of the house. Causing my family to lose wealth. At theat time my dad's business was getting frm bad to worst.. so we decided to cover the pond.

after that, 1&1/2 yrs ago .. when i wanted to start my marine tank, someone told me that ppls born in the yr 1976 cannot have fish tank or water feature in the room. As we are born in the yr of Fire Dragon. I din believe it .. so i place it there .. then .. fight with my mum almost everyday, since the day my fish tank goes in .. and all the fighting is about the fish tank ..

The fighting stop after i accepted my mum's proposal to place it at the car-pouch which is the Left side of the main door.

Since then, the fighting stop. She even starts to like my fishes. And my dad's business improve tremendously..

coincidence..??

• SRC Member
Mine is on the right side facing the door. ^_^

same same....mine also on the right side of my main door....(standing inside looking out of the door)..... <_< .....left side is the kitchen liao! :(

Kelstorm...I think it is referring to the main door ....but then I maybe wrong..... :unsure:

Brother Rockfish.....sometime I think dont believe also cannot...... :lol::lol:

Well.....anybody got any articles to recommend?.......very curious.....and very scared also..... :lol: ....

• SRC Member

Yes. I read from Lilian Too the feng shui master that should not put water element (ie fish tank) in the sleeping room. This is because the moving water is aove your head when you rest and this will cause lots of sleepless nights. Scientifically also make sense. You cannot sleep well as the water slashing sound and fear that the tank will fall on you is always there.

A bedroom should have things that move very little for it to be a quiet and peaceful place for the mind to rest.

This also applies to some condominiums where they put the swimming pool on the top of the building. Wonder how you feel if your unit is just undernealth the pool.

Mine on the left side cos right side is windows and wall. So far tank doing alright. :)

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
So far my partner, career and friends relationship are still quite alright.....after > 1 year on my placement on my reef tank.....but then my mdm have been out of job for nearly a year liao......hmmm.....could it be..... :fear:

could be....there is also a school of fengshiu call the flying star feng shui that is quite popular in Taiwan and HK. Essentailly its the time demision of fengshui which explain why some rich people having enjoyed good fengshiu can go bankrupt after a 20 year cycle.....the year 2003 is about the time this cycle changed so given about 1 year for it to take effect, timing might be just about right...... :fear:

anyway very very complicated.....because sometime when you put a water feature to the north but so happen that a good moutian star flys in to the area, you will end up with 'moutain drop into ocean' formation.....very very bad....so i would suggest you engage a qualify fengshi master instead of DIY as this type of things involves alot of knowledge and experience......

• SRC Member

To ease your worry,

There's a saying....

1. Life

2. Luck

3. Feng Sui

Feng Sui only number 3 in terms of power. If life and luck good, no worries about feng sui.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

looking out towards the main door or towards the windows??? :huh:

mine are facing main door. are yours too?

I have heard of ppl saying it shouldn't. But surprisingly, after the new bigger tank came at that location, I cleared one of my biggest obstacle in life.

I ever wen to a private fortune teller that tells me i must do things that are associated with water: job, hobby. eh....no lah, she never say get mermaid as gf :D

not believing it, my mum wen to one famous one in JB, same comment about me.

so i should open a small stall at the hawker centre selling kopu-O?? :D

they also adviced me keeping plants outside the house, so i had two pots of it. but I haven join a local gardening forum yet :lol:

I guess beside location one has to consider the "8 characters" and that "gold, wood, water, fire, earth" thingy too.

• SRC Member

my new tank will be located just on the left hand side after walking past the foyer.... i wonder is that good?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

i got one in my bedroom... and really cannot sleep properly.. haha coz my chiller is the old resun, damn loud!

In any case.. a bit :off: but any good recommendations for fortune tellers in singapore? always interested to get my palm read or something... hehe..

• SRC Member
i got one in my bedroom... and really cannot sleep properly.. haha coz my chiller is the old resun, damn loud!

In any case.. a bit :off: but any good recommendations for fortune tellers in singapore? always interested to get my palm read or something... hehe..

i can recommend you on at marsiling if you want. Its in a private home, and have to call to make appointment. PM me if you wan.

• SRC Member

well this kind of this is not fix one... it all depend on your house layout and location and of cause the ppls living in there...

one easy way to see is so long u put the tank in and nothing really serious happen then dont need to worry about it lor...

but ever since the tank been place and trouble keep coming then try shift it to other place lor...

it's all about peace of mind only... if u start worry this and that now even your house now has the best feng shi(which you dont know), the worry indirectly become something real also...

remember the human mind is very powerful, if u think of it, somehow your mind will start to play trick and make you believe in it..

so if u think your fish tank is a curse to you, so any time anything happen u will start blaming the fish tank but u will never blame other things... that cause it...

• SRC Member

sometimes .. its hard not to believe .. haha..

i have an auntie who is a hardcore believer of feng shui ...

got a very good feng shui master to check her new place .. and his comments is that .. then location of the flat is good .. but the force filed ard her flat is unstable .. that is to say .. ppls emotions will get affected easily, mental becomes distracted or unstable too .. and its all ard her new place .. so ask her to consider getting the flat ..

after moving into the place for about 5 yrs .. her family did better than they were before .. in terms of wealth, health and popularity.. but the point about unstable force field also rite .. 2 out of 4 families living on the same floor, thier family have constant quarrels and fights .. and one of them .. his wife went crazy .. and the husband behaves weirdly too .. i meet those fellows ..

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

FYI guys.....just got a Feng Shui master to look at my place......over the weekend.

PHEW!!!!!!!!!. :whistle .........HENG AH!!!!.....my reef tank was position at the correct position. It is basically sitting on one of the worse direction of my house. :huh::huh:

I ask :huh: ......why is it that it is sitting on the correct location since it is a ###### luck position :( ......and the master answer......you have conincidently place a heavy object there to sit heavily and stable/block the lousy place and furthermore you actually beautify that particular place. Anyway, be it a TV or a cupboard....it works the same....... :lol:

Interesting analysis........ ;)

• SRC Member

> It is often advised that the aquarium is placed to the left side of the main door to > attract money. The direction is taken when one is standing inside looking out.

This is true.

I have a fish tank on top of my washing machine cos the left side of my main door is a wall and behind the wall is the yard for hanging clothes, where the washing machine is.

If you want to place tanks (likely ponds) outside the house, then it should be the right side, when u face the front door from outside!