Where to get LR ?

Hi guys,

Desperately seeking LR, $6/kg range. Where to get about 50-60 kg ? Have cycled my 422 tank for 2 wks liao and need LR to continue the cycling. Spoke to that friendly guy from New Trios and he mentioned that amongst other reasons, the Indonesian rock havesters are more interested in participating in the current fuel strike. :angry::angry: Main reason being the NE monsoon and the tightened gahman control.

At this point of time, LR will be very scarce and no one will be telling you where to get them coz of AVA raids and also they would probably be hunting down sources for cheap LR. (which you can't get anymore).

Perhaps when everyone is willing to pay for CITES-cleared LR at many times the price, then supply will come back!

Was at Serangoon North, so I thought I'd drop by R---b-w to see what kinda stunts they're pulling this time.

Surprise surprise..... LIVE ROCKS in their shark tank .... at $35/KG!!!!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Medieval Greatsword also cannot begin to describe what they are using to 'cleave' desperate newbies.... :pinch::pinch:

Was at Serangoon North, so I thought I'd drop by R---b-w to see what kinda stunts they're pulling this time.

Surprise surprise..... LIVE ROCKS in their shark tank .... at $35/KG!!!!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Medieval Greatsword also cannot begin to describe what they are using to 'cleave' desperate newbies.... :pinch::pinch:

Hey when u go down huh? Might as well buy from T95 :D

hi guys i may sound alittle silly here

how do you acutally buy live rocks??

??? method one : tell the uncle how many kg of rocks you wan and then he go to

chop the rock???

??? method two : tell him the size of your tank and he will give you the amount your

tank will need and just pay???

????? :o

• SRC Member

kentkent,

Ask to see the LR. Then pick and choose the LR you want from the tubs. When you are ready, your LR are weighed.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

If those guys who dun mind not so good live rocks can try reborn. Went there last friday, they got lots of it selling at $10/kg and quite big pieces too. But the only problem is that all their live rocks are covered with macroalgae and very little coraline algae on it. Can go there and take a look first then decide... :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
I think it's Black Market Price... Call the authorities.. Hehehe :evil:

You are right: But one thing for sure, the LR is 100% fully cure. cause w/ this price thr poor rock will stay there for years. ko lan :cry2:

I bought about 10kg LR for my 2.5feets tank from sealife. Flat and big ,good for base support.

But have to take notes of the carb and worm. :)

• SRC Member
lonteoh,

mind i ask whats the difference between microalgae and coraline algae ? why do u need them on LR ?

:huh:

The purple look of coralline algae tends to make the tank look nice and it is a sign of a healthy tank. Macroalgaes like caulerpa tend to grow messily all over corals if they are in the main tank, and they occasionally release all the waste they take up when an old patch dies off.