Office Minimalist Pico

Firestarter

• SRC Member

Thanks for the compliments. The tank is fully loaded and I have problems trying to find space to put more frags.

The LPS have grown and I have problems with them touching each other.

Good news is I got the green light to setup a tank at home so I'll be transferring the corals to the home tank which project will start after CNY.

This office pico will be converted to either SPS or frag tank.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bro looks really good. I got a question that I really never fully understood. I don't see any liverock in the tank, so where how does the biological filtration occur? You using biohome in your hob? haha pardon my newbieness. I tought need at least liverocks or smth for the bacteria to host?

• SRC Member

Hey bro looks really good. I got a question that I really never fully understood. I don't see any liverock in the tank, so where how does the biological filtration occur? You using biohome in your hob? haha pardon my newbieness. I tought need at least liverocks or smth for the bacteria to host?

Bacteria hosts in the sand and water column too. I only have 1 fish and I change water frequently whenever I feel like it to keep the bio-load low.

I am running chaeto in the HOB with filter floss. I have 2 small pieces of LR in the DT. Thats all.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

Thanks for the compliments. The tank is fully loaded and I have problems trying to find space to put more frags. The LPS have grown and I have problems with them touching each other. Good news is I got the green light to setup a tank at home so I'll be transferring the corals to the home tank which project will start after CNY. This office pico will be converted to either SPS or frag tank.
Congrats on u getting green light to setup a tank at home. It's much better as u dun have keep worrying abt ur livestock every wkends when u r not around and also u can dedicate more time to it when ever possible. Cheers!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Haha, pros and cons.. the major concern is the temp issue as my corals are currently enjoying the 24'c temp, bring over to home tank would be abt 27-28'c as I am only using fan to cool the tank.

Also I cant benefit from the free distilled water supply anymore haha!

Haha, pros and cons.. the major concern is the temp issue as my corals are currently enjoying the 24'c temp, bring over to home tank would be abt 27-28'c as I am only using fan to cool the tank. Also I cant benefit from the free distilled water supply anymore haha!
Time to invest in a chiller and ro/di unit. Lol

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member
Haha, pros and cons.. the major concern is the temp issue as my corals are currently enjoying the 24'c temp, bring over to home tank would be abt 27-28'c as I am only using fan to cool the tank. Also I cant benefit from the free distilled water supply anymore haha!
Can always bring water home...

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• 2 months later...

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

You see it before ? He sell such nice frag i bet his tank must be full of gem.Cant wait to see his FTS pic

Yes bro i saw in person at his house. Very nice and sleek also he have very good discipline because i can only find one fish inside his tank haha.

It's best to wait for him to post a picture of his new "baby".

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Yes bro i saw in person at his house. Very nice and sleek also he have very good discipline because i can only find one fish inside his tank haha.

It's best to wait for him to post a picture of his new "baby".

ok ok .Firestarter pls remember to post some pic thks

• SRC Member

Haha I just have a simple tank, unlike others who have the real gems. Do I really have to post a pic here or start a new thread? haha

And btw, I have 1 PE frag left. Interested?

Haha I just have a simple tank, unlike others who have the real gems. Do I really have to post a pic here or start a new thread? haha

And btw, I have 1 PE frag left. Interested?

Just post dont be shy share you gem

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...