Royston's nano mix tank

Royston

Hi SRC,

alot of seniors whom I have traded with online were asking me to post my tank some even doubt if I got one (some even suspect if I am a re-seller) :blush: As my tank itself have a few major crashed issues that is why I feel embarrass to post a 1/2 dead tank. Being a newbie in this hobby with only 5-6mths experience I wish to get all the guidiance & help I can get. Anyway now it looks better and I proudly present my newbie tank about 2weeks after the last minor crash. My GSP & Fiji pipe organ is still recovering from the last crash.

Equipments

Tank:Ocean Free Nano Space 34liters

Chiller: Hailae HC-150A (set at 26oC)

Pump for chiller: Free from tankset

Tank pump: 500l/hr

Lighting: Ecoxotic LED PAR38 Tricolour

Refugium: StarPets Satellite M

Refugium lighting: FOC from tankset

Media:Coral chips & some other bio media

Salt mix: Tropic Marine w DI water or premix from AM/Madpetz

Fauna

x02 True Percula Clowns

x01 Neon goby

x01 4-strip Damsel

x01 Honey Damsel

x02 Emporer Shrimps

x02 Anemone/Venus shrimps

x15 Sexy shrimps

x01 RBTA

x01 Maxi Clam

Corals

x01 Metallic Green Hammer (Euphyllia ancora)

x01 Green Bubble (Plerogyra sinuosa)

x01 Multicolour- Brain (Trachyphyllia geoffroyi)

x01 Black Sun Coral (Tubastrea micrantha)

x01 Super Sun Coral (Tubastrea aurea)

x02 Flower Pot (Goniopora sp.) "white/purple/blue 3 colours on 1 rock white body, purple/green body & eyes"

x01 Fiji Pipe Organ (Tubipora musica)

x02 Zoa "Stardust & Radioactive"

x02 Mushroom (Actinodiscus sp) "Purple & Deep red"

x01 Ricordea yuma green

x01 GSP (Pachyclavularia sp)

4154127F-62AB-495D-A7E8-ABD0137C3CF3-674

BA8E049E-2D1D-4814-90A9-F62307B73BC8-674

My favourite coral in the tank in only blue led light.

A8BAC1C7-148C-43C6-BB48-5D99404BA803-674

• SRC Member

woah thats alot of fishes and invert in your tank! whats your WC regime?

and do your sexy shrimps munch on your zoa skirts? i read they do, if you do not feed them enough..

• Like 1

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

woah thats alot of fishes and invert in your tank! whats your WC regime?

and do your sexy shrimps munch on your zoa skirts? i read they do, if you do not feed them enough..

Nope my sexy shrimps don't eat my zoas I normally overfed the tank till I got to change water every 3-4days. I will dose brightwell phytochrom, two little fish marine snow every 2 days. Then daily TDO-C2 pellets for the fish at less once. And frozen mysis & cyclopfreeze left over from feeding my suns every week.

Wow bro, ur set up almost identical to.mine! Even the refugium!! How much u paid for the lighting?

Refugium lighting or the Par38?

Nice nano setup.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Nice tank you have but abit high on bioload especially when u do not have a skimmer. Have to maintain a strict schedule of WC regulary.
Than you. I got a brand new BM Q3 but the hang on clip is faulty waiting for Razali to replace it may take 1wk more. For now as I've said every 3-4 days I will change 15-20% of the water.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Royston, It's amazing your list of corals is long and yet there is space in the tank to add more corals! Do you run an external canister filter only because there is no mention of it anywhere? Is there enough flow in the tank? Do you get algae on your satellite box because mine has an unsightly film at the inlet, walls, base and outlet? If yes, how often do you clean it? How long do you turn the lights on for your refugium? I used to have 10 Sexy Shrimps for about 3 months but they disappeared altogether within a few days.

• Like 1

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

FYI: The hang on refu if u want can get at pasir ris there can't rmb name...(opposite the rd of ah beng). The one full of Dymaz product. They got 3 differen size. Just went two weeks back.

Clementi only have 1 size n think limited stock (only saw 1 after visiting them 5 times last 2 mth)..

Yishun dun even have last I visit them 2 mth back.

At least this is what I know

• Like 1

The refugium works via an air pump, which lifts and siphon water with the air from the main tank to the refugium. How fast the water flows depend on the capacity of the air pump.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

The refugium works via an air pump, which lifts and siphon water with the air from the main tank to the refugium. How fast the water flows depend on the capacity of the air pump.

ohh, sounds like just what I need. will it be able to acheive a decent flow if i use a strong air pump ? say 200l/h ?

Just an update I got a crash abt 1-2wks+ ago after my rbta dissolve & my tank got infested with red slime(never change water for 3wks) only survivors are the purple/white flower pot, pipe organ(my fav) another green flower pot, my cheatos & my strawberry crab. Since then I've restock my tank again these few days and ordered some 120 degree led lens from deal extreme because I feel that the light is too concentrated at the center of the tank from my par38. I'm looking forward to getting the Jebao wp-25 in SG as I do not think I have enough flow for my new chalice.