3ft shallow fowlr log

• SRC Member

Porkfish and yellowtail tang.

post-19676-0-30554400-1367672046_thumb.j

Blue chromis waiting for food,tangs looking for food.

post-19676-0-60973400-1367672065_thumb.j

Energizer bunny swimming non-stop pecking everywhere.

post-19676-0-51145400-1367672080_thumb.j

Resting after a long trip.

post-19676-0-98864700-1367672095_thumb.j

Spotfin pair that my Queen is jealous of because it's forever going to be alone.

post-19676-0-74410200-1367672113_thumb.j

Royal Gramma has grown quite abit.

post-19676-0-70853500-1367672174_thumb.j

Finally the Queen from Belize waiting for sustenance.

post-19676-0-36696000-1367672350_thumb.j

That's pretty much it. Got a chalk basslet in a pvc pipe in a betta box which I rather not disturb just because I wana take pics. Let it rest first.

Old residents of the tank including the new tangs and argi are being fed NLS Thera A pellets and nori.

Once again, big thanks to Fish Channel for the awesome fishes. I sound biased but if their service is not good, I would not be biased in the first place.

Cheers and have a happy weekend.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member
Bro, may I know what wrasse is that above the spotfin pair .
That would be the caribbean princess parrotfish. Rather difficult to keep. And its cocoon is everywhere when it sleeps.
The second scape..... SUPERB. Really nice and spacious.
Thanks bro but I rescaped again adding a couple of rocks to add more hiding areas for my fishes. And greetings my fellow boyanese haha.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Had abit of time this morning, so decided to take some proper pics. but end up got some error 500 which i suspected was due to the size of the picture.so to the bros who cant upload due to this error, big chance ur pics size is too big. not the megabyte one but the 1234x4567 one if you get what i mean. so now the pics look a little funny after minimizing it on powerpoint.

Well here goes nothing,

Foureye Buttefly :blush:

post-19676-0-58495500-1368970388_thumb.j

Dascyllus Marginatus

post-19676-0-40444600-1368971559_thumb.j

Going mad over clams.

post-19676-0-65598400-1368971549_thumb.j

And here comes the Queen joining in.

post-19676-0-13226100-1368971550_thumb.j

Centropyge Argi. Super hard to get a good picture of this guy. Always swimming here and there.

post-19676-0-61659400-1368971550_thumb.jpost-19676-0-10946900-1368971551_thumb.j

Amphirion Occelaris. Lost clownfish. Victim of my gf's premature decom and kena force to give it a home.

post-19676-0-59969400-1368971551_thumb.j

Chromis Cyaneus aka Blue Chromis also another difficult one to take a picture.

post-19676-0-09731200-1368971555_thumb.j

Serranus Tortugarum aka Chalk Basslet. Rather random some days will hide in its hole, sometimes swim everywhere.

post-19676-0-54908000-1368971557_thumb.j

I like this picture as the Queen is eyeballing the two of them. and true enough, right after this pic, chased after them.

post-19676-0-28480300-1368971558_thumb.j

The livewires of the tank. Prionurus Punctuatus. Somehow i have doubts, it could be a laticlavius also cause their spots are not obvious. Maybe a little too young to say.

post-19676-0-79242900-1368971558_thumb.j

My Queen saying hello. :groupwavereversed:

post-19676-0-56628800-1368971547_thumb.j

Gramma Loreto aka Royal Gramma. Fat pig.

post-19676-0-94265800-1368972856_thumb.j

FTS

post-19676-0-47979700-1368971556_thumb.j

Current Stocklist :

Queen Angel

3x Yellowtail Tang

2x Spotfin Butterfly

Foureye Buttefly

Royal Gramma

Chalk Basslet

Blue Chromis

Argi Angel

Occelaris Clown

Dasycllus Marginatus

Wishlist :

Cuban Hogfish (gf says my fishes are all white and yellow, need red)

Black Ice Clown

Sailfin Blenny

Blue Neon Goby

Cheers! :yahoo:

• SRC Member

Nice healthy fishes u have there. :)

Thanks bro. But cannot match ur angel stock list!

Waiting to see ur new fishes and updates!

• SRC Member
I got my Cuban hogfish from LCK201 2 weeks ago coz my daughter also said not many red in my tanks. U might want to try LCK, good size, feeding and good price too.
Hahaha! girls no matter how old would just want colourful stuff. No matter how I tell the gf the spotfins are nice and im trying to keep caribbean fishes, her response would be "its just white, so plain. why not u get a flame or emperor?" Thanks bro for the info. Most prob will make a trip down soon to check it out. Trying to find a small specimen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

A video update. Please watch in HQ as the quality sucks on my camera phone.

Changed the rockscape again. I should stop it but every time I see all the awesome aquascape on sgreef n reefcentral, my hands get itchy.

Secondly went to ah beng over the vesak day holiday and could not resist getting a venustus. Been wanting to try one but didnt want to kill them incessantly after reading how hard to keep them alive. Finally saw a healthy batch and chose the one I was most attracted to and kept fingers crossed.

Cut story short, its still alive and feeding on pellets,cyclopeeze n mysis. Currently facing first world problems of getting a healthy venustus as its getting increasingly territorial towards the argi and foureye.

But I don't want to be too happy or worry about it too much as they can just suddenly drop dead.

So ill just let it do its own thing, if it stays alive its a bonus, if it dies, then expected and I have to learn where I go wrong.

On a side note, my yellow tail tangs look like they're gona burst anytime from overeating.

Have a good Friday tmr bros.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Bought a new toy.

post-19676-0-73112000-1371371328_thumb.j

• SRC Member

WP 25 in action. really happy with the waves. :score:

• SRC Member

Wow bro, seem like the current abit too strong

yeah think so too. fine tuning the flow and all. didnt know i had tht much detritus till the wave started sweeping everything out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Went to pr to buy nsw last saturday, ended up with nsw and two fishes home.

A female G. melanospilos with nice streamers imo and a O. longirostris, also female.

Abit impulse buy i hv to admit but fortunately the angel is feeding well and the filefish is slowly accepting pellets after flooding my tank with cyclopeeze for one week.

And added 5 mexican turbo snails from TFC to test if my tank is able to support inverts after coppering it. Salifert test kit shows Cu = 0 but not sure if my eyes are playing tricks with just 2ml of water to look at.

Well thats it. More of an update for myself in this log.

• SRC Member

No video, no talk. First part harlequin filefish going after small pieces of pellets, 2nd is chasing cyclopeeze. Apologies for the bad quality video. Watch it in HQ pls.

At about the 0:36 mark my venustus shows its side to filefish and it has been doing it as if it thinks the filefish is a cleaner. Quite weird.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Last weekend is the last time I add fishes to my tank.

Time to concentrate on keeping tank clean. And when I decide to do that, my skimmer decides it wants to stop working as well. Well played skimmer, well played.

On a side note, im contemplating of giving away my harlequin filefish to someone who can give it the right environment.

• SRC Member

Video Update, watch in HD please.

Added a chiller and got myself a bm curve 7.

Fishes seem more comfortable with the lower temperature and water seems cleaner with the change of skimmer.

Btw tank is undergoing copper treatment to make my fishes clean of any ich. I have developed a strong hate seeing my fish scratch themselves.

http://youtu.be/rNqz7g5QOQ4

Stocklist

• Blue Chromis
  • Royal Gramma
  • Yellowtail Tang Trio
  • Spotfin Butterflyfish pair
  • Flame Angel Trio
  • G. Semifasciatus
  • Queen Angelfish
  • Harlequin Filefish
  • Cleaner Wrasse
  • Venustus Angelfish x2 (the new, bigger one has yet to eat, i have pushed my luck too far i think :fear: )
  • Foureye Butterflyfish
  • Occelaris Clownfish
  • Rock Beauty
  • Unknown Cardinal
  • Argi Angelfish
  • Brown Tang
  • Chalk Basslet
  • Dasycllus Marginatus
  • G. Melanospilos (giving away this sunday)

Well that's it. It's overstocked but I am done stocking on fishes and concentrating on keeping water clean now.

Gona run biopellets and ato with kalk to keep water parameters almost similar to a reef tank. It's gona be tough but i relish that challenge.

Fishes seem more comfortable with the lower temperature and water seems cleaner with the change of skimmer.

Btw tank is undergoing copper treatment to make my fishes clean of any ich. I have developed a strong hate seeing my fish scratch themselves.

http://youtu.be/rNqz7g5QOQ4

Stocklist

• Blue Chromis
  • Royal Gramma
  • Yellowtail Tang Trio
  • Flame Angel Trio
  • G. Semifasciatus
  • Queen Angelfish
  • Harlequin Filefish
  • Cleaner Wrasse
  • Venustus Angelfish x2 (the new, bigger one has yet to eat, i have pushed my luck too far i think :fear: )
  • Foureye Butterflyfish
  • Occelaris Clownfish
  • Rock Beauty
  • Unknown Cardinal
  • Argi Angelfish
  • Brown Tang
  • Chalk Basslet
  • Dasycllus Marginatus

Well that's it. It's overstocked but I am done stocking on fishes and concentrating on keeping water clean now.

Gona run biopellets and ato with kalk to keep water parameters almost similar to a reef tank. It's gona be tough but i relish that challenge.

Nice combinations of fishes you have.

http://youtu.be/rNqz7g5QOQ4]http://youtu.be/rNqz7g5QOQ4

Stocklist

• Blue Chromis
  • Royal Gramma
  • Yellowtail Tang Trio
  • Flame Angel Trio
  • G. Semifasciatus
  • Queen Angelfish
  • Harlequin Filefish
  • Cleaner Wrasse
  • Foureye Butterflyfish
  • Occelaris Clownfish
  • Rock Beauty
  • Unknown Cardinal
  • Argi Angelfish
  • Brown Tang
  • Chalk Basslet
  • Dasycllus Marginatus

Some difficult fishes you have. Nice tank

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

An update :

Equipment wise, gf surprised me with a biopellet reactor, biopellets and the mechanical top off from gemsurfs.

Topping off with kalwasser. Running carbon as well to pull out the copper. Coralline which looked bad due to copper last time looks much better now.

Foureye Butterfly finally passed. Lypmho decided to grow at its mouth and it stopped eating since last week. Especially sad since it was eating so well.

Gave away the Brown Tang and Melanospilos. My semifasciatus is starting to grow streamers which is way cool to me.

3 fish left, 3 fish came in. In the form of the hybrid tang from TFC's recent shipment. And my flame harem is now 5 strong with the addition of 2 shepardi also from TFC's guam shipment. I guess its a flame-shepardi harem now.

Will try to get pictures up during the weekends.

• Like 1

Nice fishes in your collection.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.