Slowing Down @ ERP Gantry Just to save a few $$$

triggerpuff

Was driving pass Nicholl Highway ERp gantry this morning on the 1st lane (outermost lane meant for overtaking) at around 8.15am.

Traffic slowed abruptly all of a sudden before the gantry while vehicles in the 2nd & 3rd lane on my left zoomed pass. :shock:

Upon filtering left and driving up - I saw this big Merc (probably an E280) stopping right infront of the gantry with the driver trying to insert the cash card !!!!! I was so pissed I gave her (yes, its a her) a good continuous 15-sec honk - one of the very few situations that rendered the use of my honk. :angry:

Of course, the horn of a Laser isn't loud enough and was drowned out by at least 10 other cars who were raising their hands up in the air (with which finger I didn't see clearly) at the Merc driver.

Can't these inconsiderate idiots who drive big cars afford a S$10/- (or about there) admin fee and just drive thru the gantry without stopping altogether and potentially causing an accident ??? & to think she was in the over-taking lane !!!

The licence plate as I have noted - SB* 788 * - if you are readng this, shame on you. So much for driving a big car!! Anybody witnessed it ?

:angry::angry::angry:

I nearly drove into the back of a car who did the same thing! The worst thing is that this happened coming out of the Havelock exit of the CTE. The joker STOPPED her car JUST outside the TUNNEL BEND on the left lane of a 2 lane exit!!!

I swerved away in time but was too shocked to horn. But I enjoyed the loud and long horns from those behind!!! :D

• SRC Member

same theory..

buy big car, no more $$ for other things.. I believe there was even news on people pumping petrol and driving away without paying..

Buy new wallet, no $$ in it..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

Aunties in big Benz are the worst drivers next to a certain type of people in a certain type of public transport.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

I nearly drove into the back of a car who did the same thing! The worst thing is that this happened coming out of the Havelock exit of the CTE. The joker STOPPED her car JUST outside the TUNNEL BEND on the left lane of a 2 lane exit!!!

I swerved away in time but was too shocked to horn. But I enjoyed the loud and long horns from those behind!!! :D

Somehow Havelock seems to have lots of this kinda of thing...

i also kena some ppl like this before...

unfortunately, yesterday drove past a gantry and forgot to put in cashcard, (nope, i didn't jam brake and try to insert the card at the last min)... hehe :D

now waiting for my letter from LTA liao... sigh...

BORING!

AT / roidan,

same bloody thing happened to me at the same spot 2 nights a go- Yes ! Havelock Road exit of CTE.

Worst part of it was, my baby was fast asleep in the car seat strapped at the back. A bloody red corolla (damn, didnt take the no. down to give him some publicity!!) can just stop in my lane and chk for oncoming vehicles!!

At the moment I had the urge to do something similar to what spidy did (yeah spidy - i feel the fury !!) - ram into the side of the bloody bugger - but of course I was on top of the situation and kept my cool. I didn;t even sound the horn!!! (Partly didn't want to scare my baby who was still asleep)

I simply stopped a few milimetres next to him and stared at him and signalled him to move on.

To all road users - beware of this killer spot. B)

I use my horn often n a frequent high beamer..

use so much horn tat my wife says I am damn horny on the road..

I used to give short tap blast of horn, but now change to long continuous blast.. hehe.. more shiok.. esp at taxi n taitai drivers..

• SRC Member

its $10 admin fee. + how much u owe. Never pay at stipulated date = $70 . yesterday around 8am going to work on CTE. in the middle of NOWHERE. between amk ave 1 and braddel road 1 ERP gantry. was playing with radio stations looked up it was abt 50 metre away. commenced frantic cashcard grab and failed.

its $10 admin fee. + how much u owe. Never pay at stipulated date = $70 . yesterday around 8am going to work on CTE. in the middle of NOWHERE. between amk ave 1 and braddel road 1 ERP gantry. was playing with radio stations looked up it was abt 50 metre away. commenced frantic cashcard grab and failed.

first thing I do when I start engine - slot in cashcard.

when I park my car, take out cashcard..