MY NEW 3 FT MARINE AQUARIUM

Dreams

Actually its thread starter.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

after reading so many page, i finally know what is happening.

Dreams, it seen like u have not read enough info before u start this hobby and u are hoping reefer is able to give u the advise u are looking for.

Why not try to read more before u start asking again.(Other fourm and internet)

One more thing, i noted u trust the LFS seller more than the reefer here. Why not just ask for their advise and follow, see the result if it is what u wanted.

Better than having a war here with the reefer.

Lastly, hopefully u can enjoy this hobby and not give up like many others did. Good lucky

Any picture update? Since you have complete your cycling... I suppose u have started adding marine life?

• Like 1

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hi Dreams, I know you just started this hobby and it's a little confusing to you (and also dis encouraging with all the comments) but try to relax a bit kay? Take everyone's comments subjectively, and don't be stubborn :) Think for yourself. I'm not gonna directly say that you should trust only Internet or lfs, but you should trust yourself. Research before you buy ANY fish, and think of moral values before you do anything, like put in fish before cycling. The lfs makes money out of people like you by selling you fish when you don't need it. The fish could have lived, but they got the one or two dollars from you in turn for their lives. The live rock was sufficient for you to cycle your rocks. I'm also not saying that all the lfs is bad or anything, but they are in the hobby for different reasons from reefers(money vs passion) and there's definitely some lfs that do it for passion too. Think subjectively and take everyone's advice with a pinch of salt

I have seen from this thread and some other threads you started or commented in, that you can be rude sometimes. I'm not putting you down but if you want people to respect you, you have to respect them too. Instead of insulting people when you don't agree with them, try using logical arguments and explain why you don't agree with them. If you don't want to bother coming up with an argument, it would be better to plainly ignore them then to insult them. Your respect in this hobby is at stake when you insult people, and I hope you understand that.

And guys just because he is not heeding our advice it doesn't mean that we must act immaturely right? This is a hobby we all do out of passion :) I hope we all know how to be friendly to each other, no matter how unreasonable the other person is.

I hope we all can approach dreams with a good start and not so aggressively, and I hope he would learn not to be so stubborn and rude :)

Btw everyone can see what you do on the Internet, and it would affect your reputation anywhere you go. It's best if we communicate reasonably, logically and with respect :)

Dream big, achieve bigger

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Dream what i can see from here is all bros out here commented with a good intent.

I would suggest doing more read up with regards to cycling, equipment requirement, live stock requirement and such before splashing out additional money.

For myself i started reading for about 6 months before i bought myself a tank and i check around with reefer out here for advises and also read online for more information. As you have just started reefing, i believe you are still not familiar with people at LFS and also which LFS are trustworthy which gives you good advise.

When i was a newbies starting out, i listen to some LFS which give me advises which is not really good after finding out on internet. After those few incident, i decided to judge myself and listen to bros out here will be a safer way.

Even for my existing tank which is already my 3rd tank, i also took 2 months to cycle before adding any livestock just to ensure all the parameter is right. Even after cycling, i took at least another 5 months before i add in my first piece of coral because my parameter is not in the right place.

Take things slowly and don't rush. This is a hobby that requires quite a fair amount of knowledge and money. The more you learn, the less you spend.

Happy reefing.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Hey dreams, if you haven't left this forum forever, do you mind posting pictures of your tank (currently). Maybe we could still advise you on your tank(if you're open to suggestions and constructive criticism that is)

• SRC Member

seems like an interesting thread to follow.

his last activity on this forum was in September, so he may be avoiding it completely now haha. I guess the comments here won't be passed on to him, but I hope any new members who come across this thread would learn that being stubborn, insulting other members and not imparting moral values would make other reefers lose respect for you, and not want to help you

• SRC Member

You guys are too patience............sometimes it just doesn't pay off, just let him learn the hard way. Anyway he wont be here for long.

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Have read from 1st page til last one

It seems TS stubborness of not heading any advise given

By reefers here instead had a cheek to argue!!

Haha funny coz this kind of hobbyist still exist!!!

Oopps!

Well anyway good luck to TS hope u can start think think & think after reading this thread all over again!

Cheers & peace!!

• SRC Member

Maybe he never reef already....but he is also so stubborn...never heed advices! :angry:

I doubt he will quit so easily... He probably just stopped checking the forums. Anyways if he thinks he is very smart then let his wallet break lor. We can't stop him from buying fishes, unfortunately :(

• SRC Member

I doubt he will quit so easily... He probably just stopped checking the forums. Anyways if he thinks he is very smart then let his wallet break lor. We can't stop him from buying fishes, unfortunately :(

Yes,we can't.But what happens if his tank crashes from overstocking?Rage quit?

steak pls

• SRC Member

Yes,we can't.But what happens if his tank crashes from overstocking?Rage quit?

I don't mean to be sadistic to his current fishes, but with his current childish mindset, hopefully