Lemon's 2013 new build

yikai

• Senior Reefer

My favorite shrimp in my sump tank.

Urocaridella sp. - Yellow Arrow Cleaner Shrimp. Seldom rests on the substrate and prefer to hover all over the water column in a slow spaceship like fashion. They hold their claws outward and downward when swimming. Look like tiny mosquitos. Love the yellow and red spots. I have 5 of them.

post-0-0-64471000-1378135735_thumb.png

post-0-0-86324800-1378135738_thumb.png

post-0-0-87926100-1378135743_thumb.png

post-0-0-48753300-1378135748_thumb.png

post-0-0-93613600-1378135751_thumb.png

Really interesting shrimps in your refugium.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• Senior Reefer

Really interesting shrimps in your refugium.

thanks!

going to add more shrimps. most of these shrimps do not move much and stay at their preferred coral or rock. so multiple corals can host many commensal shrimps.

• SRC Member

well taken photos! have being really enjoying this thread. :thumbsup:

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

No all the shrimps are coral safe. Sexy shrimps are available everywhere. Yellow arrow so far only Henry or Iwarna. The long claw was from coral farm.I am using a Nikon 105mm

I see. Looking out for sexy shrimps. Interesting to watch the way they wave their abdomens. :)

Good lens with 1:1 micro capability. Nikon user. Same camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi Bro LemonLemon, I hv been quietly enjoying your thread since u started it, until now I tah bui tahan liao, must really salute u. Previously these tiny shrimps and benny which are too tiny for me to take note become very interesting to me after I saw them being introduced into your tank. Really eye opening and great learning journey for me. Thank you very much for your sharing.

And make sure each Thor gets fed. Try sinking big pellet food. I fed them with discus food previously because of the higher protein content making the pellet stink in water.

Alternatively mussel bits are good for them. But tough buying NZ mussels in the quantity of one. So yea..

Go try. Quite fun to watch them feed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

Thank you happy reef. I'm glad you enjoy the photos and shrimps! Small fish n shrimps are also new to me. I never had chance to keep in my old tank. Yellow arrow shrimp Henry constantly has. Try looking there or ask him put u on the watch list. If I see any I will update. My shrimps are well fed. Anyway since when am I one who cares about things eating coral? Hahaha. Shrimps are nothing if you have butterflies in reefs.

• SRC Member

Refugium lights r cheap LEDs for the corals. It's not too bright. Thanks. But there r many people out there and even here with more knowledge on reef fish. I just read alot and do more research, but there are still many fish I do not know.

Bro what led light u are using for your refugium,cos first time setting up refugium not sure what light set to use. Thank u

• Senior Reefer

this week's updates. the DSLR is not with me and is in Taiwan with my brother, so just crappy cellphone pix until i get the camera back.

here's a many months old dragonet that was in holding until now. Synchiropus tudorjonesi, a new species. fairly easy and eats mysis.

video and pix.

this guy lives in refugium, not display.

post-15755-0-86215300-1378607283_thumb.p

• Senior Reefer

after hunting for years, i have finally gotten two fairy wrasses that have been on my bucket list since 2010.

I had a talk barnett shuttman, owner of RVS fishworld for these wrasses specifically, and was pleased to know that he obliged to my request.

the two wrasses are very similar yet totally different. the one with the forked tail is Cirrhilabrus lunatus. It's not the japanese lunatus, but rather, from philippines. the colors are totally different and could represent a new species in future. but as of now, it's C. lunatus.

the other smaller one with the slightly pointed tail is an undescribed species, but it has been undescribed for many years now. i am not sure why no one is writing a paper for it. Currently it is known as Cirrhilabrus cf. lanceolatus, because the tail in adult specimens are sword shaped, similar to lanceolatus. however based on coloration, size and hybrids with lunatus in the wild, the species is more closely related to lunatus than lanceolatus. the common name is pintail fairy wrasse.

post-0-0-45799700-1378607603_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-84895300-1378607603_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-23607400-1378607604_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-64129600-1378607604_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

here is what an adult pintail fairy wrasse looks like, photo from BH and LADD. i hope mine grows to this form in future, but regardless i am still happy to find one.

i have a few more tank updates but i'll save it for when the camera comes back. cellphone pix are too crappy.

post-0-0-79224100-1378607718.jpg

post-0-0-33711700-1378607721.jpg

• Like 1

here is what an adult pintail fairy wrasse looks like, photo from BH and LADD. i hope mine grows to this form in future, but regardless i am still happy to find one.

i have a few more tank updates but i'll save it for when

the camera comes back. cellphone pix are too crappy.[/

quote]

Very beautiful wrasse bro...can share where u got it from???

• Senior Reefer

yes today was an eventful day.

my family was out of town and there was no one at home. i am unable to go home for 3 days as i have in camp duties. so i asked fuel to drop by whenever he can to keep an eye on things and to feed the fish.

today he went over and told me my sump tank overflow all over my living room.

culprit? a clogged filter sock placed higher than my sump tank. the overflowing filter sock caused water to flow out and onto my floor. while this is a small problem, and no casualties were reported, it is an extremely troublesome and messy task to top up water in my almost empty return pump compartment, and clean the floor and mop up all the salty water. i took half day leave to come back and clean up.

this is a super elementary and amateur mistake that i can't believe i fell for. but i underestimated the filter sock. so everyone reading this, don't repeat this mistake.

had it not been for fuel, my sump would have continued draining and my tank probably would have ran dry till i came home lol. the ice cream wasn't enough repayment! dinner on me.